LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

Way to go Mustangs! Enjoy the win, the ring and Gold Ball! You guys deserve it! Great game!

And....You guys just made Big Country "right".... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

RUST up... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ...as usual, we'll see you guys again in Week 1!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congradulations DL. Yall played hard and smart as always. Fulton was not well coached . That was the difference

My thoughts exactly; Fulton, although not as clearly as usual still had the better athletes. I have never been a big fan of the private schools but I will give credit where credit is due. DL displayed a wonderful showing when it comes to playing their butts off and winning w/ class. I have watched these guys the last few years and win or lose they have always shown respect and great sportsmanship towards their opponents w/o taunting and helping them up after the play. My hat is off to Coach Mcadams(spelling?) and his staff as they have done an outstanding job w/ those young men. That was one hard-hitting game.

For the record I could not care less about the whole east, middle, and west bs, if my team is not in it, it really doesnt matter to me. However all of the posters from the east like to run everyones nose in it whether they have a team still in it or not. For this reason I am glad DL won, not b/c they are middle but b/c they are not an east team. Congrats once again DL, that was a well earned title.....

i said tryna(trying to) not tyrna(whatever THAT means)....and i question the playcalling because they've been there 3 times and have 3 SILVER balls... getting there is the easy part for DL but winning it all is obviously too difficult for their staff to do...i once had a t-shirt that said on the back "There is no 2nd place. 2nd place was invented to make the loser feel better"....i wish i still had it so i can run on the DL side saturday n flash it to the fans

Well I guess prospect is eaten some crow right about now while he is wearing his foolish tishirt. Fulton fans on the boards were arrogant and Lipscomb showed why they are the state champs today. Prospect Coach Mac ran the exact same offense he has been running for over twenty years and it looked like he is the best play caller in the state today. Obviously Fulton had more athletes but Lipscomb's discipline and refusal to quit prevailed. However let me be the first to complement Fulton. Their players played with class and I think their coaches did a great job. Obviously Fulton had a great season. Cobb is an outstanding runningback and many of the recievers had great speed. In reality I dont know if I have ever seen two teams more evenly matched. In my mind the difference in the game was the first series. The botched punt snap killed Fulton and basically set up an insurmountable defensive series to prevent Lipscomb from scoring. After this I thought Fulton and Lipscomb played each other dead even. Lipscomb went for it on fourth down and Fulton answered and Fulton went for it on fourth down and Lipscomb answered. Both teams gave up big plays and players on both teams made those big plays. However I hate to say I was right but in my first post on this board I said the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. I know that is a cliches but it is a cliche because it is true. Fulton had more penalties, turnovers, and more mistakes than Lipscomb. Especially the offsides penalties I believe it was four to be exact. Two on special teams and two on offensive shifts. That final fourth down sealed the win for Lipscomb and I believe if fulton got the ball back it would have been a different story at the end not to say Fulton would have won but it would of made for a more dramatic ending. Lipscomb just kept pounding and Rogers made so many great plays he showed why he is going division I and the SEC at that. IF I had to put my money on it I bet the same two teams are in the championship next year. Lipscomb proved today that as usual prospect did not have his facts straight and Fulton gets the silver ball and Fulton is indeed stoppable. One quick question is I noticed that Alcoa's QB and Fultons runningback have the same last name. Are they related?

Congratulations David Lipscomb. No one gave you credit, and you showed what all your fans knew you could do!! What a game??? It was like watching SEC football vs. a 3A HS championship. Thanks to both teams for an incredible game. You both deserved to be there, and I sure know that DL wanted it.. bad! Fulton, you were a class football program and school. I sure hope we face each other again next year.

What's the deal with all the "class" comments? DL played a good game and made some big plays when needed. Fulton gift-wrapped several possessions that costed us the win. It was a good game between two great programs. That's where it needs to stop. Anyone who questions Fulton's class or coaching staff doesn't know what they are talking about. We're very proud of our team, coaches, cheerleaders, parents, and supporters. Who would have thought in August that we'd be playing in December. We've made an incredible run and just came up a little short. No Fulton Falcon should be hanging their head tonight...just start looking forward to next year and a trip back to the 'Boro.

What's the deal with all the "class" comments? DL played a good game and made some big plays when needed. Fulton gift-wrapped several possessions that costed us the win. It was a good game between two great programs. That's where it needs to stop. Anyone who questions Fulton's class or coaching staff doesn't know what they are talking about. We're very proud of our team, coaches, cheerleaders, parents, and supporters. Who would have thought in August that we'd be playing in December. We've made an incredible run and just came up a little short. No Fulton Falcon should be hanging their head tonight...just start looking forward to next year and a trip back to the 'Boro.

The deal is that they showed alot of class; nobody said that Fulton did not show any class. There is nothing wrong w/ complimenting a teams class, and also you can take that "gift wrap" excuse crap and shove it. Finally, like it or not DL's coaching staff did out coach Fulton's coaching staff on this particular day. That is not saying they are better coaches, but today they did a better job.....

I just got back from the games today. Congratulations is in store for Mustangs. I thought Knoxville Fulton would win this one by 7, but I missed on my pick. The young lads from Lipscomb played with heart and fought their rears off. I am sure everyone associated with the program is proud. Take it all in and again congrats on your title.

Congradulations to Lipscomb for another championship and to Fulton for a great season. This was a geat game between two class organizations. DL managed the game better with fewer mistakes and more consistancy on offense. Seems that Fulton just couldn't stay with what was working ...running right at DL and turned the ball over with the passing game. I agree that these two teams will probably face each other again very soon.

I just got back to West TN from the 'boro and watched all games except for the 5A game...This game was an awesome game! Knox Fulton's RB is probably one of the hardest runners I've seen run!!! He had 3 or 4 guys trying to bring him down and would shake them off and keep chugging on!!! He was the main reason they were still in the game...Knox Fulton's QB made a few questionable passes when he should've/could've kept the ball and ran with it instead of throwing an INT...David Lipscomb was a great team as well with athletes and size everywhere...I liked how the DL players at the end went over to the other teams players that were down on the ground and padded them and encouraged them, pretty classy!!! Congrats To David Lipscomb and Knox Fulton as well!!!