LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

Ummmm....you split 2-2 with region 6 in the first round, and came dreadfully close to going 1-3. Region 6 is only slightly better than region 1, if they are not even. 2 went 4-0 versus 1.

DL is the top dog in the state, no arguing that. But you are kidding yourself about region 5 being the best.

Well since the new regions were formed back in 2005 it is Region 5-3A that has sent the most teams to the playoffs from within a single region. David Lipscomb (3x), Cheatham Co. (3x), Marshall Co. (2x), Giles Co. (2x), Creek Wood (1x), & Spring Hill (1x). Not only have all of them been to the playoffs in that time but all of them also have won playoff games during that time span as well. ALL OF THEM!!!! David Lipscomb has been to the state title game every single year and they won it this year for the third time in their school's history.

If you can find me another region in Class 3A that has sent that many teams to the playoffs from it's respective region then PLEASE let me know /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Region 6-3A has been beaten 3-1 in 2005, 3-1 in 2006, & they got a 2-2 split in 2007. It could have easily been 3-1 this year AGAIN as well as your #1 seed advanced by the skin of their teeth. REGION 5 OWNS REGION 6!!!!!

Region 2 plays Region 1 and we all know that Region 1 is garbage outside of Carter. Seymour, Rutledge, Gibbs, & Claiborne are the other teams that have gone to the playoffs from that region over the last three years and none of them have even come close to winning a postseason game. THAT REGION STINKS!!!!

In fact, Region 1 & Region 3 each have just 1 TEAM from each of their respective regions that have won playoff games since the regions were put together in 2005. Those teams are of course Carter & Notre Dame. Outside of that not a single team from either region has won a playoff game. That's why Region 2 vs Region 4 will always occur in the semifinals. The last two years it's been Fulton vs Pearl Cohn. The expected matchup the last two years has been Knoxville Catholic vs Station Camp. Both of those teams seem to somehow lose in the playoffs prior to "Thanksgiving" despite the fact that everyone picks them continuously.

Region 7 vs Region 8 has produced some good matchups in the playoffs through these last three years. Mitchell, Sheffield, Haywood, Dyersburg, Dyer Co., Covington, & Crockett Co. have all come away as winners of playoff games at some point in time over the last three years. HOWEVER WITH THAT HAVING BEEN SAID....................there's not one of those teams that can beat a team like David Lipscomb on a consistent basis. The first two years Covington & Dyersburg got hammered by the Mustangs. This year Mitchell was competitive but they still lost.

THE NEW CLASS 3A REGION POWER RANKINGS HEADING INTO 2008

Region 5

Region 2

Region 4

Region 7

Region 6

Region 8

Region 3

Region 1

THAT'S MY STORY & I AM STICKING TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, what matters is DL won it.

Glad it makes you feel better though since your team has not sniffed the playoffs in about 5 years.

Sure does bub......Anytime a Region 5 team does well, it makes me feel good. AND THIS YEAR REGION 5 IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My team will be back.....count on it!

Regions 1 and 3???? You got to be kidding....weakest in the state overall

Well Congrats to DL ... they deserved to win ... they won with dicipline and execution .. I picked them to get back to Murfressboro ... against Catholic .. noway did I think my Falcons could have gotten this far with the losses from last year ..they showed tremendous character to get there and have some very class kids .... DL is a very classy team ..numerous times I saw DL players help up Falcons and consoling Falcons after the game ... class young men for sure ... you should be proud ... I am very proud of the Falcons to have gotten to this game 5 out of the last 6 years.. what a great job from a Public school ... both teams have some very good coaches ... the encroachment penalties were killers but that goes to the good coaching of DL .. we had too many turnovers and penalties .. but it was a great game ... yardage was very close with Fulton having a few more ... bad start with the snap over the punters head was big too ... but again GREAT game .. Falcon mistakes costly and DL dicipline WINS OUT !!! Hopefully Falcons can get back to M'Boro ... I said they wouldnt make it this year ..so Im gonna go out and say they wont make it next either so they can PROVE ME WRONG AGAIN !!!!!! See you guys next year !!!

Similar reactions were done by teams playing Fulton on several occasions and the Falcon faithful blasted them. I normally don't blast many programs, but many of the Fulton faithful have continued to blast many other schools calling them classless, and other forms of downgrade. I saw a very exciting game between the two teams. The old saying "Act like you've been here before" really does come into play because they have. The great class that Fulton has shown before just did not happen like the years they won. I agree a time of private moments should happen before the shaking of hands and other awards, but this is the real world and that don't happen. Maybe I just looked at it with media eyes, but the many coaches around me did not seem to think it was normal or acceptable behavior. They brought my attention to it.

You are completely mistaken...Fulton fans ONLY focused on taunting and "in your face" instigation (i.e. AE and AC stomping on our mid-field logo, AE running through our band and pregame walkthrough while cursing our players and coaches out, while the coaches stood idly by).

You can have your opinion about how you perceive their mildly uncommon behavior after a State Championship defeat, but DONT try to get on here and talk about something you have no clue about!! You just make yourself look more foolish.

Fulton has already earned a reputation as one of the most dominant, feared and most respected programs in the state! We will bounce back!!!

I had a birds eye view of it all and so did well over 2000 people. In your defense you could not have seen all that went on. The refusing to shake hands at first was just one of the many things. I was completely surprised by the action that several had. I was also very dissapointed. To be selected MVP and just before they call you name out sling your helmet and shoulder pads off. Accepting the MVP without your teams jersey on shows just how much respect he had for his team, his coaches, his school, and his community. He was not the only one. I know it was a hard time for the kids, but they had won it before and should know how to act. It was a direct reflection on everyone involved in the program including Knoxville.

not at all true. not one bit.

Okay I have had enough!!! First of all you won't find a better Coaching Staff than at Fulton High School! And before you say it, I am not taking ANYTHING away from DL's coaches I am just saying our Coaches are great! Second, you can think all you want that Fulton has little or no class, but they have plenty of class and plenty of respect! TCOBB was very upset over the loss...you would be too if you had just played as hard as he did only for his team to come up short! For the most part, DL had lots of Class (helping players up and seeking our players out after the game to shake their hand). You cannot judge a whole team by a few people's actions. No, we cannot see EVERYTHING that goes on but neither can you! I had 3 separate experiences with rude DL fans after the game. One especially was a car full of kids who held up their championship bumper sticker in the car windows in one hand and flipped birds with the other!(you know who you are) I happened to notice the license plate # but am I going to display it on here NO! That was about as classless as you can get! They are just kids and they are still learning! I do not judge your program by what a few fans said and did! I did have my children with me during these experiences and I wished that they would not have seen or heard some of the things they did, but I used it as a learning experience for them. I was very impressed by what I saw from all of your coaches and most of your players, and some of your fans! I think you can honestly say the same thing about Fulton's entire program! Please do not get on here and talk out of both sides of your mouth and say that we did not give you all respect IT JUST IS NOT TRUE! Give our guys a break! Don't say that we have already won State and to be satisfied with that! You forget that not everyone on the team this year was a part of the team last year(including some seniors). Even if they were, it was a tough loss!

WAY TO GO DAVID LIPSCOMB ON A GREAT WIN! ENJOY YOUR GOLD BALL AND RINGS! I KNOW YOU ARE HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIVES AND THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER FORGET! FROM A VERY LOYAL FULTON FAN, I AM PROUD OF YOU ALL !

TO MY FALCONS, I KNOW THIS WAS A TOUGH LOSS! THERE IS NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF THO LOSE IN MURFREESBORO! I AM PROUD OF EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU! PLEASE DO NOT TAKE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON HEAR TO HEART! I KNOW WHAT YOU ALL STAND FOR AND WHAT KIND OF TEAM YOU ARE FROM THE COACHING STAFF, SUPPORTIVE STAFF, PLAYERS, AS WELL AS FAN! WE ARE A TIGHT FAMILY!

GO FALCONS!

CONGRATULATIONS DAVID LIPSCOMB ON A GREAT WIN!

Class Act. All of it true. the person i quoted on my last post needs to take some lessons from this guy. And everyone, if you are not a Fulton player, do not judge these players on how 'classless' or 'immature' you may think they are. If Lipscomb lost (like last year), not all Mustangs would've shook Fulton's hands.

Well since the new regions were formed back in 2005 it is Region 5-3A that has sent the most teams to the playoffs from within a single region. David Lipscomb (3x), Cheatham Co. (3x), Marshall Co. (2x), Giles Co. (2x), Creek Wood (1x), & Spring Hill (1x). Not only have all of them been to the playoffs in that time but all of them also have won playoff games during that time span as well. ALL OF THEM!!!! David Lipscomb has been to the state title game every single year and they won it this year for the third time in their school's history.

If you can find me another region in Class 3A that has sent that many teams to the playoffs from it's respective region then PLEASE let me know /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Region 6-3A has been beaten 3-1 in 2005, 3-1 in 2006, & they got a 2-2 split in 2007. It could have easily been 3-1 this year AGAIN as well as your #1 seed advanced by the skin of their teeth. REGION 5 OWNS REGION 6!!!!!

Region 2 plays Region 1 and we all know that Region 1 is garbage outside of Carter. Seymour, Rutledge, Gibbs, & Claiborne are the other teams that have gone to the playoffs from that region over the last three years and none of them have even come close to winning a postseason game. THAT REGION STINKS!!!!

In fact, Region 1 & Region 3 each have just 1 TEAM from each of their respective regions that have won playoff games since the regions were put together in 2005. Those teams are of course Carter & Notre Dame. Outside of that not a single team from either region has won a playoff game. That's why Region 2 vs Region 4 will always occur in the semifinals. The last two years it's been Fulton vs Pearl Cohn. The expected matchup the last two years has been Knoxville Catholic vs Station Camp. Both of those teams seem to somehow lose in the playoffs prior to "Thanksgiving" despite the fact that everyone picks them continuously.

Region 7 vs Region 8 has produced some good matchups in the playoffs through these last three years. Mitchell, Sheffield, Haywood, Dyersburg, Dyer Co., Covington, & Crockett Co. have all come away as winners of playoff games at some point in time over the last three years. HOWEVER WITH THAT HAVING BEEN SAID....................there's not one of those teams that can beat a team like David Lipscomb on a consistent basis. The first two years Covington & Dyersburg got hammered by the Mustangs. This year Mitchell was competitive but they still lost.

THE NEW CLASS 3A REGION POWER RANKINGS HEADING INTO 2008

Region 5

Region 2

Region 4

Region 7

Region 6

Region 8

Region 3

Region 1

THAT'S MY STORY & I AM STICKING TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To make you look foolish......

Fulton 3x (1 state title, 1 runner up)

Catholic 3x

AE 3x

LA 1x (1 state title)

Anderson Co. (1x)

Kingston (1x)

And all of those teams minus Kingston have won a game and 4 of the 6 have made it to at least the quarters. Best I can recall, only 2 teams from region 5 have made it that far.

You totally missed my point as well. At no point did I say anything positive about region 6 in this. I don't think I've ever said region 6 was better than region 5 foir that matter. As a matter of fact, I was comparing them to region 1 for weakness. I've not considered myself a region 6 guy in a long time.

Think what you want. But for comparative purposes, think FSU in the ACC in the mid-90s, Miami in the Big East in 2001, or USC in the PAC-10 from 02-04. One really good team......and then a drop off. That does not make a dominant region.

And Vandy is right...I have yet to see a team we play that doesn't keep their uniform on (even our injured players get out of pads and put their jersey back on on the sidelines) until they get to locker room AFTER first going to midfield to shake hands. Maybe it's mostly a Middle Tennessee thing...

I'm really proud of David Lipscomb! It's a privilege a team like them on a regular basis. (Even if sometimes they do have to come to the country) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Did you not see Fulton vs. Catholic? Did Bubba Stokes not put his jersey on after he got hurt? And out of all games of the year to do something as meaningless as taking your pads off before shaking hands, this is the game you would expect it to happen.

He might be referring to the fact that some of Fulton players are as well. ( OUT OF THEIR ZONE )

This out of zone player was kicked off the team in May of 2007. Unfortunately, he used up 4 years of eligibility and was expelled from High School for earning 32 credits. He was forced to continue his education in a post-secondary institution called UT. The out of zone IP... probably comes from a UT dorm.

Congratulations to DL on winning the Championship. It was very well deserved... even if you do play the bagpipes.