LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

Don't give me that self-righteous garbage. Go back to your own posts in April and see how you were trashing Fulton then. You just never could handle the bruising that region 5-3a gave your 6-3a boys amost EVERY year. I don't blame you for moving east.

I just have my opinion which just equals yours. I stand on what I say and you sure are wasting your time putting the Bulldog on your list.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yup, especially since I've lived right smack dab in the middle of region 5, actually probably less than 10 miles from you, since I've lived in region 6 country.

And please remind me where I "trashed" Fulton in April. I said A-E would win region 2 and Catholic & Fulton would fight for the 2 and 3 spots. I said I based my opinion on that both lost too much.

sorry robjim, I promise to be good now.

As for the game, congrats again to DL. They played a great game, made the key plays, and overall you could tell how focused they were and how much they wanted it. Job well done.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yup, especially since I've lived right smack dab in the middle of region 5, actually probably less than 10 miles from you, since I've lived in region 6 country.

And please remind me where I "trashed" Fulton in April. I said A-E would win region 2 and Catholic & Fulton would fight for the 2 and 3 spots. I said I based my opinion on that both lost too much.

As for the game, congrats again to DL. They played a great game, made the key plays, and overall you could tell how focused they were and how much they wanted it. Job well done.

When did you move from Maryville to Middle Tennessee? On the closing of threads. I recall on 2 different recent closed threads, yours were the last posts. If it wasn't you, beware a moderator comes in right behind you...just a coincidence possibility. So don't cough too loud-you might get the thread closed.

When did you move from Maryville to Middle Tennessee? On the closing of threads. I recall on 2 different recent closed threads, yours were the last posts. If it wasn't you, beware a moderator comes in right behind you...just a coincidence possibility. So don't cough too loud-you might get the thread closed.

I moved from Middle TN to here. Just lived in both since I have lived in West TN.

Please give me threads. That's all I ask. If I close them, I make a habit to tell everyone I am closing them. And typically I don't close threads I am involved in discussion with unless they get way, way out of hand.

As always, if you have a problem, coacht@coacht.com.

It was indeed your boy BigCountry (A.K.A. Mr. KOOL Smileys) that started all the 5-3A dominance hogwash. Seems like he enjoys riding the coattails of DL. Team State Title does not = regional dominance. Next thing he's going to tell us is that Mont. Central could beat Anderson County and Kingston. (WOW...I used an = sign in my post...man I'm ultra cool!!!)

That's fine...people like Country can think how they want...that's why we have these forums. What I think is ridiculous about this guy is that he tells us for two years about how great and dominant the mid-state powers Pearl Cohn and DL (not to mention how NO east tn team could match their athleticism, size and power) and all Fulton did was bust PC for two years and beat DL one out of the two games.

Gotta give DL all their due...they stuck to their gameplan, made minimal mistakes, preyed on the many Fulton miscues, came up with key plays and pulled out the win! To their credit, the Falcons made plenty of runs to get back into the game, but the mental mistakes and no-calls were to much for a team to overcome.

The Falcons should be proud of all they have accomplished this year and over the past 6 years. I think this will actually serve to make the younger players that much hungrier!!!

Just like you ride the coat tails of Livingston Academy. They are 2-18 over the last two years. Here's a smiley for you there "Fulton Ferry" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sol, I know you've got it under control.

This might, however, be a good subject for another thread, discussion about the regions. Just wanted to keep the thread on subject.

I moved from Middle TN to here. Just lived in both since I have lived in West TN.

Please give me threads. That's all I ask. If I close them, I make a habit to tell everyone I am closing them. And typically I don't close threads I am involved in discussion with unless they get way, way out of hand.

As always, if you have a problem, coacht@coacht.com.

Well, I thought I found 2 but only ended up as one. "If S. Pitt wants a rematch, come on. I couldn't find the other. So I stand corrected. No problem with me, just trying to get on a lighter side of the conversation.

I just felt compelled to join in on this discussion. Since the TSSAA Re-classification of 2005, can you tell me who has been the most dominate 3A Football Program? I'll give you a hint: They have played in the last 3 State Championship Games, They won last Saturday, They wear Purple and Gold and from 1993-2004 They were the winningest 2A Football Program in the state. Their initials are DLHS! Need any more clues? Ok, one more: They haven't lost a region game since week 2 in 2002.

I don't think you understand the definition of the word dominant. That is like comparing all the teams that lost to South-Pittsburg in the Playoffs and saying they werent as good as McKenzie because McKenzie played in the state championship game. When we all know that most of the last three teams that SP played and beat could have beaten McKenzie pretty easily. I agree that DL is one of the better teams in 3A, but they have not dominated anyone. Matter of fact they got pretty lucky this year. Not to say it was not a great win and they did many things to help themselves win. If those two teams play 10 times we all know who win 70% of the time. I am not a Fulton Fan and everyone will tell you that. In 2005 DL got outcoached and outplayed by a team of average players in LA. In 2006 Fulton beat DL by a similar score to this years game. All this proves is that there is no other team in 3A on the West side that can play with DL. I will agree they are one of the better teams in 3A, the most dominant team "NO". Losing two out of three years does not make you dominant.

Peace on earth. Good will toward all.....Great weekend. SP has some fine players. As Paintedbridge said this summer, "watch for our Frosh." Both Warren, and Lindsey's nephews look to be studs. Maplewood, what a story. Congrats to Maryville. I really thought that Hillsboro would get to the Rebs this year, but Hillsboro does bring a lot back. Congratulations to Smyrna. Coulda, shoulda, woulds, Bearden.

Congratulations to David Lipscomb. You guys earned every bit of the State Championship. You will know for the rest of your life that you are a champion. Congratulations to Fulton. You guys earned every bit of getting there. Although you lost, you played like champions.

As a fan of High School football, I thank you for your effort, dedication, and will to achieve. Be thankful for your coaches, team members, and all the parents, teachers, administrators, sponsors, mentors, and others who helped you create memories that many wish for, and only a select few hold.

Thanks again for the season.

ruse?

So what's the subject again? Just kidding

ruse? Glad to see you back in the groove again. Did you enjoy the weekend? I have talked to a few that watched all five games for the first time. Each one of them made the comment that it was a great thing for the money. Except for the first and last games, all the other were great football games. Great weather, great atmoshpere, and great football. Nothing gets finer.

So what's the subject again? Just kidding

ruse? Glad to see you back in the groove again. Did you enjoy the weekend? I have talked to a few that watched all five games for the first time. Each one of them made the comment that it was a great thing for the money. Except for the first and last games, all the other were great football games. Great weather, great atmoshpere, and great football. Nothing gets finer.

Hey Leonard.

Yup, back in the groove. Actually, jumped on a plane out of Nashville 1st thing Sunday AM, and got back this morning. I enjoyed 4 of the games. Last one, not so much. Bearden really gave Smyrna a run for their money the week before, and I thought they might have come out flat. They didn't. I was very, very impressed w/South Pitt. Good backs, nice scheme. Well coached devensively. Gonna do some snooping aound Burke Tarr for the East/West game. Talked to a lot of old coaching fools who are either sending or going to pracitces/game. This game could get a lot of attention in years to come. Are the guys from unapproved website covering it at all?

ruse?

Just like you ride the coat tails of Livingston Academy. They are 2-18 over the last two years. Here's a smiley for you there "Fulton Ferry" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've tried to stay silent but this is twice you have slurred the LA football program. I seriously doubt if the "cubbies" could even win a game on our schedule the past 3 years. That 2 - 18 record is very deceiving my friend. I really believe that LA could beat your Cubs. But we probably won't ever get to prove that point b/c the Cubs can't make the play-offs much less win a state title. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />