FRA @ CPA

tigerseye

All 3. However I think CPA-DL is the biggest one as far as Basketball goes. It is always a close one.

I think that it's really a three-way rivalry in all sports, not just basketball.1 (CPA), 2 (FRA), 3(DLHS) in District for Golf and pretty much same for region.DL and FRA in state for XC.CPA and FRA in the state championship game for Girl's Soccer.And that's just this fall. So I think the rivalry between the three is still alive as long as there is still competition.

EDIT: I realized that I just repeated what matt610 said, but I'll leave the stats up there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... FRA better go back to that Tackett style when he was coaching...

When I read/hear the phrase Tackett style, I interpret that as the highest form of compliment a coach can receive. For me it is about a coach who understands his personnel and knows how to manage a game, particularly the high school game that does not have a shot clock. It speaks to many of the pure values of the game; discipline, team work, fundamentals, skills and player development. It is about a system that was so much more than depending only on the physical, natural abilities of players.

I saw Coach Tackett get more out of his team than at times I thought was possible. And maybe most important in a day that many players want to play ???all-star??? basketball (focus on shoot it quick, interest in making the highlight reel), his players seemed to truly enjoy working their system and developed a pleasure in frustrating and out-executing the other team. Winning consistently will do that for a team. They ran offense until the defense made a mistake and then took advantage. They were always a strong help and defensive rebounding team, consistently limiting teams to one shot.

I view "Tackett style" as a term of the highest respect to a well-deserving coach. He was the type of coach, who not only made his players better, but made the coaches he opposed better as well.

For me, Coach Tackett made the CPA-FRA rivalry the way high school basketball should be. Prepare your team, compete well, leave it on the court and enjoy a relationship after. By all accounts, Coach Pierce is doing the same. Regardless of the outcome, tonight??™s CPA-FRA rivalry game will be in a great atmosphere due to the contributions of both sides, one to enjoy and appreciate.

kbrks, did you happen to see the CPA v. FRA game in the Region final at McEwen a few years back? That was probably the most evenly matched basketball game I have ever seen. CPA holding the ball the entire third quarter may have also been the most frustrating this ever witnessed on a basketball court for both sides.

And yes, Tackett's style of play can be very frustrating to the opposing team's defense especially if they want to run and control the tempo. The FRA girls team is now running his offense.

kbrks, did you happen to see the CPA v. FRA game in the Region final at McEwen a few years back? That was probably the most evenly matched basketball game I have ever seen. CPA holding the ball the entire third quarter may have also been the most frustrating this ever witnessed on a basketball court for both sides.

And yes, Tackett's style of play can be very frustrating to the opposing team's defense especially if they want to run and control the tempo. The FRA girls team is now running his offense.

Yes, I did see it. CPA had the lead, FRA was playing zone and CPA was trying to force FRA to play man to man since the feeling was that is where CPA had the advantage, but FRA did not budge. This was the final of the region tournament which meant a busy week, third game in 3 days for CPA. CPA's was doing a lot of pressing and running that year, and since FRA didn't come out, CPA used it to get a breather. CPA went on to win and secure the team's first region championship in school history. It was quite a game. Both teams ended up making it to state that year.

CPA wins big, can't remember the exact score, but the mercy rule kick in with about 2-3 minutes to go in the 4th period.

83-54

Mason was in the zone, 35 pts, I counted one block shy of a triple double. He had a great nite. As I expected CPA got up by 20 in 1st, 27 at half and kept up the pressure in the second half.

Congrats Lions!

I think it was 83-54, but never close. CPA led 27-7 at the end of the 1st quarter, never led by less than 20, and led by at least 30 the entire 2nd half.

CPA shot "lights out". Mason had 35 and didn't play but about 1/2 of the 4th quarter. THis was the best I have seen CPA shoot this year. They picked a good night to play a great game. This pretty much wrapped up the District #1 seed.

Way to go, Lions!

I think it was 83-54, but never close. CPA led 27-7 at the end of the 1st quarter, never led by less than 20, and led by at least 30 the entire 2nd half.

CPA shot "lights out". Mason had 35 and didn't play but about 1/2 of the 4th quarter. THis was the best I have seen CPA shoot this year. They picked a good night to play a great game. This pretty much wrapped up the District #1 seed.

Way to go, Lions!

Most amazing game! The starting five showed how awesome they are together! What team-work! GO LIONS!