The Official A/AA Thread

teece31

According to the TSSAA website, USJC has entered a Track schedule. This should shake up the east considerably in terms of distance. I thought Coniglio could easily cruise back to state this year, but it looks like he will have some stiff competition. However, the best I remember a lot USJC's CC runners play soccer, so that may change things a little.

Best of luck to all this season. Even the middle section. I hope your heads don't explode from ego-tripping on this board.

We aren't egotistical...we just like talking about middle distance. because we live there and thats where we run.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from several people lately about how track doesnt get enough coverage. As a news writer for the Johnson City Press i made a trip to the two teams people are talking about for the up coming season to watch practice. I first made a trip to Brainerd( last years champion)of course like always they have speed but not much depth at all. O Harris looks as good as always doing the hurdels and looks like he has gained more muscle. Didnt know much about the other people but the rest looked pretty fast and was working hard. The next trip I made was to Elizabethton. All i have to say is these guys are loaded with sprinters. From covering football around the area i knew a few of the runners like Justin Fuqua, Derek Carr, and Preston Intaro. They tole me they had a chance to run a indoor meet at ETSU this year and did very well. I also looked around and they had two different shot putters this year and both was impressing coach Presnell by throwing 48 and 49 feet respectively. With the 7 people that has already been to state these guys should be ready to make a run as the states best along with the defending champions Brainerd /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

According to the TSSAA website, USJC has entered a Track schedule. This should shake up the east considerably in terms of distance. I thought Coniglio could easily cruise back to state this year, but it looks like he will have some stiff competition. However, the best I remember a lot USJC's CC runners play soccer, so that may change things a little.

Word out of Chattanooga is that nobody of merit in the A/AA distance arena is concerned about USJC.

This includes Coniglio. I heard Will Musto was unconcerned as well, but since he's not running again, I guess his opinion doesn't matter. What the heck is Will Musto's problem, anyway? What's his excuse this time around? I heard some good workout times through the grapevine about him, but if he's not racing for his school then why is he running workouts?

I heard from several people lately about how track doesnt get enough coverage. As a news writer for the Johnson City Press i made a trip to the two teams people are talking about for the up coming season to watch practice. I first made a trip to Brainerd( last years champion)of course like always they have speed but not much depth at all. O Harris looks as good as always doing the hurdels and looks like he has gained more muscle. Didnt know much about the other people but the rest looked pretty fast and was working hard. The next trip I made was to Elizabethton. All i have to say is these guys are loaded with sprinters. From covering football around the area i knew a few of the runners like Justin Fuqua, Derek Carr, and Preston Intaro. They tole me they had a chance to run a indoor meet at ETSU this year and did very well. I also looked around and they had two different shot putters this year and both was impressing coach Presnell by throwing 48 and 49 feet respectively. With the 7 people that has already been to state these guys should be ready to make a run as the states best along with the defending champions Brainerd /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Was this just someone reporting to you or did you actually see them throw that far? If so, where were they last year?

Further word from Chattanooga (via Dyestat):

Coniglio actually skipped practice on Friday, missing a 3x1600m workout. It is reported that Will Musto was out at the track doing the workout solo, but again I ask why he would be working out if he is not running for his school.

From this information, I deduce two things...Coniglio believes he can coast to State so easily that he isn't even working hard this spring.Will Musto is either an idiot or he is actually running for CCS. However, he himself reported on this thread that he is NOT running.

Thoughts? Discussion?

Further word from Chattanooga (via Dyestat):

Coniglio actually skipped practice on Friday, missing a 3x1600m workout. It is reported that Will Musto was out at the track doing the workout solo, but again I ask why he would be working out if he is not running for his school.

From this information, I deduce two things...Coniglio believes he can coast to State so easily that he isn't even working hard this spring.Will Musto is either an idiot or he is actually running for CCS. However, he himself reported on this thread that he is NOT running.Thoughts? Discussion?

are you the dude who was musto bashing during xc??? if so get off these boards, not one wants you here

i remember there was one guy on the xc board that tore me up for my 2 mile performance at state last year. it didnt bother me but still individual bashing isnt a part of this board. btw, who is will musto...he had never shown signs of being good before he apparently disappeared

Boys 1600m

======================================================================

Name School Finals

======================================================================

1 Musto, Will Chattanooga Christian 4:49

http://tn.milesplit.us/meets/20970/results/45354

That's who Will Musto is.