9AA Tourney

CPA4Ever

It came when simpson had the putback but z slapped the backboard causing the ball to fall off the front of the rim. that ball was def goin in

I was sitting right off to the side from that goal. I saw the ball and Z. It wasn't going in. It was already leaning to the outside of the rim when Z hit the bottom of the backboard. I actually thought he hurt his fingers the way he hit it. There was no slapping of the backboard, he went up to tip it out and hit underneath instead. Maybe from your view it looked that way, but I was right there, probably a better view than the refs...you know, the ones who didn't call it.

I don't know why everyone is so shocked that CPA beat DL...they beat them twice this season already! What makes you think that would change now?!?! Especially when DL didn't play, they just stood around!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I loved the passion of the fans both CPA and DL but I thought that Mr. blabla who slid on the court was very idiotic. That WAS classless. Or maybe just stupid and not funny. The CPA fans weren't classless. That one fan was.

Lipscomb fans missed a "golden" opportunity when the guy slid on the floor to yell "mental error" clap clap clap clap clap "mental error" would have been perfect.......

this thread has taken a unfortunate turn can we talk about playing instead of the missed last second shots

How about -FRA vs. Spring Hill

-Pearl vs. Giles Co.

-CPA vs. Lewis Co.

- DL vs. Marshall Co.

any thoughts on how these games are gonna turn out

It would not surprise me to see a District 9 sweep.

There is a thread for Harpeth. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yep. I'm in it.

Bracketology 101

Here's the thing. The winner and runner up of region 6 (the one Harpeth plays in) will play the winner and runner up of region 5 (the one Lipscomb and CPA play in). Now the way this works around tournament time is that those in the district you'll be playing in region will start hanging around your districts threads to see who they might be facing, etc....That also applies to a lesser degree to potential sectional foes.

I came to see what the results of the district 9 tournament were and got educated on Christian values I guess. Is this Old Testament stuff. You know, tooth for a tooth, eye for an eye.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Giles and Marshall can play. Spring Hill over Marshall County would be considered an upset in their tournament. Marshall County is a less than desireable first round draw for Lipscomb. The winner of that first round game should play CPA in the finals.

It was a very heated atmosphere and is a heated rivalry, so some things are going to happen that are funny, appropriate, bordering on classless, and inappropriate. Let's face it, both schools are filled with people who recognize appropriate actions, and a few that do not. Despite all that was said or done, there was no violence, which in this day and age is not a given, so let's be thankful for that.

Really, IMO, the thing that started it all was the Lipscomb point guard mocking the CPA cheering section while he was holding the ball near 1/2 court in the stall. Kind of unusual for a player on the floor to get involved in the crowd, but I thought he was kind of funny, and didn't think bad of it. He certainly played a great game running the spread offense, and gave Lipscomb a chance to win.

Bottom line, they had 4-5 chances to make big shots at the end of periods and didn't do it. CPA scored when they had to and Lipscomb didn't, so CPA won.

Well said. I wasn't necessarily saying that all of the Lipscomb fans epitomized classiness, just trying to point out to one poster that there were some classless acts on the part of some CPA fans. Looking back, even attempting to make that point was a mistake. You are right, unfortunately the inappropriate actions of a few taint the majority who know how to support their teams and then do. It does bother me a little bit that some seem to be saying "teens will be teens" so live with it. I would hope that both of (but not just) our schools would aspire to more than that. Again, not saying all DL fans take/took the high road either. Just saying we all ought to try.

You are also right about DL not capitalizing when they had the chance. We had our chances but didn't make the plays when we had to. I think we had the ball at the end of every quarter and the first two overtimes, if not then 5 of the 6, and came up empty every time. You can't do that against a team like CPA and win.

Congratulations on a hard fought championship. Hopefully we'll see you again.

It's a rivalry, and with that comes heated competition and bad blood. And that's part of the fun, isn't it? I don't know of any school whose students I would classify as "classy." Teenagers will be teenagers. Hopefully you can handle that.

Uhh.. to be a rivalry , don't both teams have to have a fair shot of beating eachother?? 3-0 over a season isnt a rivalry. Just like how FRA claims to be a rival of CPA.

Coach Drew shouldve won that award by a mile, and everybody knows that. How can you go undefeated in the state with a team you have been coaching since the sophmores were in 7th grade, and not win 9AA Coach of the year?

For all of the people saying DL didnt play basketball.

Where in the rule book does it say you cant hold the ball?

CPA could have come out and guarded DL but they didnt. So they didnt play basketball either then.

And when CPA did try and play man to man out there DL would score everytime.

You are correct. I was stunned that CPA let them hold it. They are the more talented and athletic team, it was their job to force the tempo. I don't know if it was a pride thing, but Coach Maddux made a tactical error by not unleashing the hounds. If you're the superior team talent-wise it is in your best interest to get as many possessions as possible. I don't know the stats, but judging by the Tennessean "points for" and "points against" numbers CPA is far and away the best points per possession team in the district. Those of you knocking DL for not "playing" have no clue about basketball. I understand it must have been frustrating, but the DL coaches looked like they had a good plan and CPA changed their game to accomodate an inferior (no disrespect) opponent. While the critisism about DL finishing the game is valid, the criticism of their strategy is not. CPA finally turned it up and, surprise, won the game by 10. I am no coach, and I am sure the CPA coaches had their reasons, but I am sure they learned something valuable last night, something that will undoubtedly help them on their way to state. You critics out there should thank DL not belittle them.

Great atmosphere. A bit over the top at times, but what do you expect. It was a night everyone will remember fondly years from now. By the way - some of the best athletes weren't playing, but were the fans doing the gymnastics.

As far as Coach of Year, I'm not sure but I am guessing Pierce would trade it in a heartbeat for a district title. 9AA is loaded with good coaches, Maddux was excellent but seems to suffer from "too much talent" disease. He'll get his.

Let's go easy on the kids. The pettiness is something we should rise above.

Great job to both schools and good luck in the region.

CPA and Lipscomb are both hard working, talented groups of kids. They all play unselfishly and are well coached. The players are good examples to the younger kids there. That's what is great about HS sports - watching kids grow into young adults.

We should all care more about where they are in 10 years than rehashing what happened yesterday.

This year has gone CPA's way. Not every year,or game will go CPA's or DL's or any teams way. That's life.

Good luck to all the 9AA teams.

Did I read this correctly "nothing to do with athletics" you've got to be kidding. Get in D2 where you belong that way you can pay for his tuition and its legal. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You obviously do not know Z's mom. It had everything to do with academics and getting a christian education. His mom works two jobs so he can attend CPA. He could have easily went to any of the schools that offer financial aid and probably paid very little and his mom would not have to work two jobs, but the christian education was much more important than the athletics.

People like you always think you know it all, but the bottom line is CPA has never recruited nor have they ever given financial aid. Believe it or not there are actually still some schools left that go by the rules. Odd in this day in time I know, but thank God for it.