Region 3A

WCAballa11

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say that being upset in the District Tournament doesn't motivate Grace to play well against Arts? Grace dug themselves into a hole...whether you want to call it a choke job or not is up to you...when they lost to Temple last week. They want/need to prove to the Region they can man up and win a big game against a very good Arts team. Of course they are motivated! They may lose...they play get out-played...but they are definitely motivated. No team wants to be known as the team that loses in big games.

And about the choke comments...I stand by that. Just b/c I call the Grace loss a choke doesn't mean I give no credit to Temple. First of all...no body in the Region has an answer for Jeremy Sexton. Second of all...they only got outplayed in the first half. They just got down too much too early. Remember...Grace took the lead in the 4th quarter of that game after playing miserably in the first half....only to blow it in the last few minutes. So I stand by my statements that Grace choked...but obviously Temple played well. Nobody is debating that. If Temple didn't play well, Grace would have won.

And do not forget that Jeremy Sexton came out a little flat in the third but got back in his groove. What if he had come out strong after the half?

I just want to go ahead and go on record and say that Temple blows Silverdale out by close to thirty (again) and CSAS blows out Grace by about fifteen.

Where has "Eaglemaniac" been? I miss his squawking about Grace's domination over Temple.

I could be wrong but I believe he had his posting privileges revoked- which is too bad- I would love to give that dude some crap...

Speaking of upsets, CSAS better be careful with much improved 21st Century. We all know Grace will beat CSAS in the 2nd round, but I'm not sure CSAS will make it that far.

By the way, nice article on Cobb and Hampton in today's paper. It's always good to see great players get some press before their last game or two.

Good call

great game. fuquan great talent, reahces and grabs and had 4 fouls in somewhat limited minutes. patrick is going to be the best player in the region next year. intensity, heart, and talent. carter did not get more than a handful of touches. csas just wanted it more and pulled it out. great team ball won this one.

i don't know about best in the region but he definitely played better than the last two games against csas. i feel that townsend can be very good for csas next year if he would put more effort into his game. carter choked and that new guy needs to work on playing cleaner defense but has great potential. i was surprised that the officiating didn't interfere with the game. i thought for sure that csas would have twice as many fouls as grace but the refs were reasonably fair. good game from both teams but it seems that this is csas and temple's year again.