Region 4AAA

rebs3

Here is how I rank the remaining teams in the Region:

1. Shelbyville - Most skilled and athletic. Andrews is the best player in the region (can shoot, dribble, pass, rebound) and he is only a Sophomore. Siegel fans who think Gooch can elevate (and he can!!!) need to see Michael France. France is sick. Not only can he soar, he can shoot the rock and he is a Senior. Twilley is a little like Maupins from Oakland, but can handle the ball even better (If that is even possible) and is the best passer in the region. Enough about the almighty Shelbyville - although they do have other good players.

2. Whte County - If they keep their hot hand, they can upset Shelbyville in the finals (Assuming Shelbyville beats Siegel). They really don't have one player that stands above the rest. Very balanced and all 5 starters can be the MVP of any game. All can shoot and all know the game very well. It would be hard to bet against them.

3. Siegel - If Andrews from Shelbyville is the best player in the region, Cutter is a very close 2nd and could make an argument for being the best right now (Andrews will be playing in the SEC one day). If Hammonds is 100% or close and their big UT football player stays out of foul trouble and plays with passion on both ends of the floor, Siegel could win the whole thing. Siegel is also the type of team that can fall apart on you because of their inexperience (4 Sophomores get significant minutes).

4(tie) Oakland and Franklin County - and both of these teams can beat Siegel or White County on any given night and can give Shelbyville their monies worth. Best player in that game will be Ryan Stovall from Franklin County, but Epps can lock up anybody, so that will be fun to watch. Epps and Stovall will be going at it. Oakland has more talent past that match up, but anything can happen in the tournament and it is at Franklin County.

6-8. They are all pretty weak. I give them no chance. Blackman is the worst 4 seed to ever come out of 7AAA. The top 3 teams from 7AAA are pretty solid, but in my opinion, 7AAA was way down this year. 8AAA is about the same as usual. Not very strong and Shelbyville is nowhere near the team they had with Stewart and the older Twilley.

Hate to say it, but Region 4AAA may have representation in Murfreesboro, but not one of these teams has the capability of capturing the gold ball.

I have to agree with "85" ,how can you rank Shelbyville ahead of White, Siegel, or Oakland with the 2 losses to Wilson C. and one by 10 points at Shelbyville ? Don't get me wrong , I too, think Shelbyville is very good and well coached, but I just believe White County, Siegel, and Oakland are more battle tested than Shelbyville. Shelbyville will see a much, much, tighter defensive teams in the 7aaa teams than they saw in 8aaa.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White County wins by one in double overtime.

This was the worst WC has played at home this season. Even though WC led a couple times by 15 points we were still very sluggish. Give credit to Tullahoma. Tullahome could hardly miss a shot in the 4th quarter and got themselves back in it.

SURVIVE AND ADVANCE!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

White County wins by one in double overtime.

This was the worst WC has played at home this season. Even though WC led a couple times by 15 points we were still very sluggish. Give credit to Tullahoma. Tullahome could hardly miss a shot in the 4th quarter and got themselves back in it.

SURVIVE AND ADVANCE!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They should not have been in the game by the 4th. The guys just got sloppy.

I have to agree with "85" ,how can you rank Shelbyville ahead of White, Siegel, or Oakland with the 2 losses to Wilson C. and one by 10 points at Shelbyville ? Don't get me wrong , I too, think Shelbyville is very good and well coached, but I just believe White County, Siegel, and Oakland are more battle tested than Shelbyville. Shelbyville will see a much, much, tighter defensive teams in the 7aaa teams than they saw in 8aaa.

I didn't really base it on head to head match ups, because you never know who is sick, injured, etc. Plus, basketball is a game of momentum and some games things just don't fall your way. You have to look past individual games and look at the whole season. I based my ranking on skill, athleticism, coaching, players who can take over the game, etc. Shelbyville has the type of players that will step it up in crunch time because they can flat out play and are very athletic.

By the way, the last time Shelbyville played Tullahoma, they beat them by 22. White County beat them by 1 in OT. So, based on your rationale, I guess you would say Shelbyville is 21 points better than White County? I thinnk not! Or, look at White County versus Blackman. Blackman beat White county by 20 and Shelbyville beat Balckman by 15. Does that mean Shelbyville is 35 points better than White County?

I actually think White County and Shelbyville will go down to the wire if they play in the finals, but neither team is guaranteed to make it to the the finals. Any of the 4 teams left can win it.

Some places have the bracket upside down and thus have made the gametimes wrong. Shelbyville/Siegel is at 6pm and White County/Oakland is at 7:45pm at SCHS.

TSSAA's website says WC will play at 6 and Shelbyville at 7:45. The Tennessean also says this.

I wonder if anyone even knows.