AAA State Tournament

Midstate

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring on White Station this year. They are not as talented as years in the past and this DB team is rated higher than them. My personal view.. here is the rankings of the teams left............

1. Antioch

2. Ridgeway

3. Oak Ridge

4. Dobyns-Bennett

5. Clarksville

6. Siegel

7. Red Bank

8. White Station

Any other thoughts??

Bring on White Station this year. They are not as talented as years in the past and this DB team is rated higher than them. My personal view.. here is the rankings of the teams left............

Antioch

Ridgeway

Oak Ridge

Dobyns-Bennett

Clarksville

Seigal

Red Bank

White Station

Any other thoughts??

Be careful for what you ask for because you just might get it. White Station is loaded with the addition of Farrakon Hall. Rigdeway only beat them by 4 pts in overtime in the regional championship. Antioch only beat them by 1pt without the 6'8 Farrakon who is nationally ranked. IMHO, White Station is just as good as Ridgeway. Joe Jackson one of the top ranked sophomores in the Nation and now add nationally rank Farrakon to the mix...WOW....You will be in for it because they have an extremely deep team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1 Ridgeway

2 White Station

3 Antioch

4 Clarksville

5 Oak Ridge

6 Dobyns-Bennett

7 Siegel

8 Red Bank

Red Bank, Oak Ridge, and Clarksville all played in a Christmas Tournament this year at Riverdale. Clarksville beat Memphis Central in the finals, and Oak Ridge beat Red Bank in the consolation.

White Station and Ridgeway will be in opposite brackets because they are from the same region. 2 Mr. Basketball finalists will be there - Jason Jones from Ridgeway and Tyrone Caldwell from Clarksville, Terrico WHite from Craigmont was eliminated.

I'm pulling for Oak Ridge to make it two in a row from East Tennesssee. They are playing great basketball. My only concern for them would be that they depend a whole lot on the ability to create offense off their pressure defense and I wonder if their press will be as effective on a college size court where teams will have more room to operate versus a standard high school size court where passing angles aren't as good. I wouldn't count them out though because you couldn't ask for two better senior leaders than Quinche Dowdell and Jared Stephens.

Looking at Antioch's scores, it is hard to pick against them ( 86-24 in a AAA sectional??????). I think their new coach has made a huge difference and I guarantee you nobody wants to play them in the first round.

When the dust settles, however, I think White Station has a great chance to win it. The addition of Ferrokahn Hall is HUGE, plus Joe Jackson is the best guard in the state, hands down, even though he is only a sophomore.

1 Ridgeway

2 White Station

3 Antioch

4 Clarksville

5 Oak Ridge

6 Dobyns-Bennett

7 Siegel

8 Red Bank

Red Bank, Oak Ridge, and Clarksville all played in a Christmas Tournament this year at Riverdale. Clarksville beat Memphis Central in the finals, and Oak Ridge beat Red Bank in the consolation.

White Station and Ridgeway will be in opposite brackets because they are from the same region. 2 Mr. Basketball finalists will be there - Jason Jones from Ridgeway and Tyrone Caldwell from Clarksville, Terrico WHite from Craigmont was eliminated.

actually Red Bank also played Clarksville in that same tourney and lost by about 11. It was Tim Benfords third game back from a broken arm from football and he had a heck of a game scoring 20 points in the forst half, and having a solid third quarter before getting ejected for 2 technical fouls which were bogus calls!also dominique Mcduffie didn't play in that tourney. then they lost to oak ridge in which him and Dominique Mcduffie, the two senior stars who are both going to play football in college( benford to Tennessee Tech & Dominique to App. State) did not play. so the team has matured they have had a couple fab freshmen play well. One Nick ross came in the first quarter against White co. in sub state and went 4-4 from 3 point rage in the first quarter ending the night w/ 23 points. not bad for a freshmen. i think its a diffrent team than Christmas just like Clarksvill and Oak Ridge are probably as well. Good luck to all im pulling for my lions cause once your get to Murfresburro who knows whats going to happen!

I actually like Oak Ridges chances against Antioch. You can not beat Antioch in a half court set. Oak Ridge presses the entire game. Antioch likes to play a big line up and sit back in a 2-3 matchup zone and dare you to shoot them out of it. Brentwood did, but couldn't sustain the attack. Antioch's front court goes 6-8, 6-7, 6-5. With 6-4 and coming off the bench for the rotation. You better hit because long shots cause long rebounds and yep you guessed it, Antioch gets the rebounds outlet passes for an alley oop and easy dunk............next thing you know they are up 10 and you start rushing shots. Cancel anything inside, too many trees.

White Station will be a hard matchup too, because Joe Johnson will be able to penetrate and lucky for him he has a big man to dish too, because his shot will get swatted.

ive been following Antioch and there really good they have a great point guard and ball handler in Kyle Upton along with that HUGE back line i havent seen anyone get a rebound against them.. also i dont think anyone wants to run with Antioch but i hope someone does because it will be a dunk festival for Coty, Mike, and Taj Wells

Bottom line is that Antioch made a huge statement to the rest of the state. Winning by 62 in the sectional round will make anybody look. Antioch is primed for a run, I just see with this blind draw, the best game will probably be in the 1st round. Ridgeway and Antioch in primetime at the Murphy Center. If that happens, I see everyone else collectively sighing in relief b/c one of them will be gone. DB and OR cannot compete with da Bears. It's a west/middle year, depending on the draw.

1. Antioch

2. Ridgeway

3. Oak Ridge

4. Dobyns-Bennett

5. Clarksville

6. Siegel

7. Red Bank

8. White Station

Any other thoughts??

For whatever it's worth.

Not sure what the brackets look like. I say the two best teams are Antioch and White Staion(led by guard Joe Jackson a top 10 player in the country...class of 2010) They played earlier and Atioch won by one point. White Staion is much better than earlier in the seasonfrom what I have been reading in the Commercial Appeal.

I'd love to see a Final Four of Ridgeway, Antioch, White Station, and either Oak Ridge or Siegel.

I really think those are the five best teams, with Antioch and the two Memphis schools being the most talented. Oak Ridge certainly plays a unique style, but will that work against the superior athletes?

To me, Oak Ridge's nightmare 1st round game could be Siegel, because Tyler Cutter can handle the ball as good as anyone and make good decisions. And when he breaks the trap, Gooch and Hammonds are just great finishers.

Scary how young and talented Siegel is. And they have a senior D-I guy with past tourney experience running the show.

I will say this, there is just something about this Antioch team. Great talent has met great coaching.

If they can get Mike Williams on track from three........................I don't think anybody's beating them. And the fact that they'll get the older Clarke brother back if they win a first round game just adds to their depth.