Geno

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to make the trip down. Have had an upper respiratory thing all week,

woke up this am with major sinus attack. If I'm ok tomorrow am, I'm going

top try to make it down. Will be a last minute decision. LOL

I'll be wearing the standard TC cap & Dallas Cowboys t-shirt.

Hope to see you guys.

What went on in the scrimmage OP?

Old Pirate says 1 side has a lot more work to do than the other.

OP would rather the TC folks give their opinions. OP is just waiting to see what they post. You know.......... what Geno posts will be loaded with I told you so'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Old Pirate says 1 side has a lot more work to do than the other.

OP would rather the TC folks give their opinions. OP is just waiting to see what they post. You know.......... what Geno posts will be loaded with I told you so'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Didn't really see any surprises from TCs' viewpoint. Went as expected and

predicted by the old Grunt. TC obviously has more work to do, but mainly,

has to get our walking wounded back on line. SP has a bit of work to do as well,

but not as much. Glad to talk to Zone for a few.....made a pretty good cameraman.

As I said earlier, anyone expecting a preview of the quarter finals will be

disappointed. Back to the grind folks. See ya........

With TC missing some players it wasn't a complete picture. Basically we scored 6 times and they scored once (not counting some goal line stuff at the first of the scrimmage). TC's score came against a 3rd team D consisting of 7 - 8th graders (rising 9th graders) and the rest 9th or 10th graders. Our defense is going to be pretty good. We are fast and very physical. Our offense looked real good even though there were some mistakes on the line. The potential is there just need to get better and fill in some holes. The backfield is solid and the passing game should be better than last year. With the missing players and coaching change I don't think TC looked as good this year as they did last spring so I wouldn't read too much into a practice game. Expect TC to be a contender by fall.

With TC missing some players it wasn't a complete picture. Basically we scored 6 times and they scored once (not counting some goal line stuff at the first of the scrimmage). TC's score came against a 3rd team D consisting of 7 - 8th graders (rising 9th graders) and the rest 9th or 10th graders. Our defense is going to be pretty good. We are fast and very physical. Our offense looked real good even though there were some mistakes on the line. The potential is there just need to get better and fill in some holes. The backfield is solid and the passing game should be better than last year. With the missing players and coaching change I don't think TC looked as good this year as they did last spring so I wouldn't read too much into a practice game. Expect TC to be a contender by fall.

Not trying to start a mess here but do those 7-8th graders attend school under the same roof with the same administration as the highschool kids. If not I think thats a no no.

Not trying to start a mess here but do those 7-8th graders attend school under the same roof with the same administration as the highschool kids. If not I think thats a no no.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Old Pirate says.......what do you think? There are a few schools still around that are 7-12. OP says Greenback was a 1-12 school and perhaps still is.Heck Greenback had control of their athletes from 1st-12th grades. OP is rather sure the TSSAA put in place The Greenback Rule. This prevented kids from being held back for athletic purposes after the 6th grade.

Quote from OP in earlier post:

"There are a lot of folks who think a middle school is better than a 7-12 school. Maybe so....if you wish to believe that. However this is "1" area where it is a distinct disadvantage."

We all get on this board and talk about the advantages and/or disadvantages that the privates/publics have.

Well here is a case where 1 public system has a "distinct advantage" over other public systems.

Why couldn't it be the same across the board from the TSSAA regarding middle school participation?

Simply, Middle Schoolers can't practice with the Varsity High School.

Many think that the private/public debate is worthy.

This debate concerning publics with a 7-12 grade in the same building, therefore allowing 8th graders to participate with High School, might be worth debating as well. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />