2008 1a picks

i was thinking, you know whats scary? the fact that Spitt Lost a awesome Qb, Cody Robinson, passed for well over 1,200 yards rushed for 800 yards with 1 interception all year.. all state The chattanooga area's top rated QB.... Robert Robinson Fb over 2,300 yards rushing over 60 tackles on defense. mr 1A football finalist .. all state clicnic bowl MVP among other awards.... wr Rayshawn weitherspoon.... all state over 30 yards every time he touched the ball... a cpl lineman all state... thats not the scary part.. The scary part is that spitt will probably be preseason#1 and favored to repeat for the Gold Ball.... the "new" QB is tall, fast, can throw 70 yards.... David Jones probably a pre season all american.. he will rewrite some records... Robert Robinson's brother Malcom is gonna be awesome.. along with the strongest Line and overall team that we believe is the strongest ever here at spitt Montrell Mitchell who could be a star running back on any team inhe t state is back.. Cotrez Bibb i's maybe teh fastes man in the state next year is also in the backfeild he only run's a 10.65 100 meter dash.. thats 110 yards u do the math. WOW...... I cant wait... Trousdale, Greenback, Gordonsville, Onieda, Midway, Mckenzie, Hampton, cloudland, this is gonna be a exciting year

Malcolm is very good but he will most likely be a WR or possibly a wing...he is tall and slim. He may fill Rashawn's shoes but he is not the power back that Robert was. Trez's 100 M time at meets according to the Time Free Press>>>> Kartrez Bibbs, South Pittsburg 10.77 - That is still third fastest in this area behind 2 runners from Ooltewah who are at 10.73 and 10.75. Cody had 2 picks, not 1...still impressive for 92 attempts. Our lineman are strong but the big question is can 4 new starters come together and make an effective line. That is the question that will make or break this years team

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 3 = South Pitt Hands down the best team in the state. Some fans think they can even beat Alcoa or Maryville. Just go ahead and pencil them in for the next 6 - 1A state titles. Rumor has it their recruiting of talent ha now crossed state lines into AL & GA. Should this be considered open zoning or should they be re-classified as "private"?

Region 4 = Trousdale County will easily walk away with this Region title since Gordonsville had huge graduation losses and some discipline problems off the field cost them other returning players. However, they better watch out for Watertown and their TC voodoo dolls.

Others from the midstate to watch will be Cascade - building a consistent top 5 program.

Jo Byrns - this "program" no longer rebuilds just reloads.

Wayne Co - get ready Coach Rice will build this team into a powerhouse for the next 4 years.

Collinwood - consistent program with playoff experience.

Eagleville - 2 words - Carlton Flatt - back on the sidelines.

If you want to add a private school to this list(other than S. Pitt): Friendship Christian will have holes to fill at RB but returns most other starters from a team that started over 8 underclassmen last year.

Mt. Pleasant - now that opposing teams will actually have to game plan to compete against 11 rather than 1.

Region 3 = South Pitt Hands down the best team in the state. Some fans think they can even beat Alcoa or Maryville. Just go ahead and pencil them in for the next 6 - 1A state titles. Rumor has it their recruiting of talent ha now crossed state lines into AL & GA. Should this be considered open zoning or should they be re-classified as "private"?

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> So now we are a private school?? Jealousy has no bounds /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

So who do we have from GA? I have missed that kid. We do have a kid from Germany but he is going home

I think before everyone, especially our own fans, pencils us in as state champs we might want to wait until Spring practice is over so we can see if we have a line. If we can get 5 good starters we will still be very thin in the #2 spots. After graduating 13 seniors we will not have the depth we had last year (and before you say it I understand that your post was dripping with sarcasm)

Those sleepers being Oneida, Greenback, Collinwood, Lake County and Cascade.

We appreciate the respect, but Cascade loss a huge talented senior class last year. We will pretty much start from scratch on the defensive side of the ball. We also loss an all state kicker in MoMo and one of our biggest offensive threats in Cory Phillips. We do have a three year starter at QB and a three year starter at tailback returning, so the offense should be pretty solid if the young kids can block for them. Cascade will have to play a couple of games before I can give you an idea of how good the replacements do, until then, I wouldn't group them in any top ten listings.

Region 4 = Trousdale County will easily walk away with this Region title since Gordonsville had huge graduation losses and some discipline problems off the field cost them other returning players. However, they better watch out for Watertown and their TC voodoo dolls.

Others from the midstate to watch will be Cascade - building a consistent top 5 program.

Wayne Co - get ready Coach Rice will build this team into a powerhouse for the next 4 years.

If you want to add a private school to this list(other than S. Pitt): Friendship Christian will have holes to fill at RB but returns most other starters from a team that started over 8 underclassmen last year.

Mt. Pleasant - now that opposing teams will actually have to game plan to compete against 11 rather than 1.

You should put my Silverdale boys in the mix. We lost some good players, but we have some talent coming up. I think we have some players from GA and AL that will help next year. We should beat SP but they will keep it close I am sure.

You should put my Silverdale boys in the mix. We lost some good players, but we have some talent coming up. I think we have some players from GA and AL that will help next year. We should beat SP but they will keep it close I am sure.

There is confidence and then...well...very over confident!!!

what a load of crap...f9d not one fan i know of has even mentioned maryville or alcoa nor have i seen one say we will win state.. The only thing Ive seen is maybe spitt be in the top 2.. lol ala? Ga? id like to meet them.. when you read post you should learn how to really read them.. the only out of state person that has even been talked about was NJ Tena.. and that was a question about a rumor that his mom may be wanting to move here.. But as u already know im sure since ur so brain heavy... Thats only 12 miles away!!!!geesh some people.....If spitt does as wel as I think they can.. NOT WILL... its because of the great part the jr high and below coach's are doing here now....id say 99% of every player u will see here has lived here or has family here, Im sure if u have watched them you will have known they have been playing here for several years down thru the ranks here.. geesh.,

If Mt. Pleasants offense can fill the vaccum left from Dailey leaving I believe MP can be a top 10 or 12 team. Their defense should be able to play with most any single a team this year if the players return with their heads in the right place. A couple of guys have unlimited potential and the rest of the projected starters aren't far behind.

what a load of crap...f9d not one fan i know of has even mentioned maryville or alcoa nor have i seen one say we will win state.. The only thing Ive seen is maybe spitt be in the top 2.. lol ala? Ga? id like to meet them.. when you read post you should learn how to really read them.. the only out of state person that has even been talked about was NJ Tena.. and that was a question about a rumor that his mom may be wanting to move here.. But as u already know im sure since ur so brain heavy... Thats only 12 miles away!!!!geesh some people.....If spitt does as wel as I think they can.. NOT WILL... its because of the great part the jr high and below coach's are doing here now....id say 99% of every player u will see here has lived here or has family here, Im sure if u have watched them you will have known they have been playing here for several years down thru the ranks here.. geesh.,

Geno, Old Pirate says relax...... This cat is only attempting to rattle a few cages. It's working on you................, take a deep...... breath. You should feel better already. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

OP rattled rlh's cage a little, so did you. He just doesn't like rules.

Perhaps he needs to start a thread. TBC