AAA State Tournament

UnivOfUntouchable

I didnt say Farragut was bound to lose..........I said they are not unbeatable, since they lost 3 times.....You should try to comprehend what you read!

Also, good luck to USJ.........I saw Gant throw against Bartlett at Bartlett and he is very,very good.........Has a good team behind him too..........Do it West Tenn.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartlett has a solid team and looks like the favorite to come out of the top bracket but i dont think any team in the top bracket will win three straight. I would say either mt. juliet or bartlett will come out of the top bracket. Oakland having home field is not gonna effect anything. Mt. juliet already went over there once this year and beat them with their 5th or 6th pitcher. Bartlett has a good chance to win the bracket but they will have to get past mt. juliet. should be a great game to open the tournament.

Bartlett has a solid team and looks like the favorite to come out of the top bracket but i dont think any team in the top bracket will win three straight. I would say either mt. juliet or bartlett will come out of the top bracket. Oakland having home field is not gonna effect anything. Mt. juliet already went over there once this year and beat them with their 5th or 6th pitcher. Bartlett has a good chance to win the bracket but they will have to get past mt. juliet. should be a great game to open the tournament.

I would like to remind you the Oakland didnt throw one of their top pitchers either, as they shouldnt have since it wasnt a district matchup. Plus hot would be a nice way of putting the way Oakland is playing right now. We've had many great matchups with Mt.Juliet, alot of them in this very state tournament and they are a class program all they way, I wish them the best of luck.

To say homefield isnt an advantage and to say it is unfair to send oakland to siegel are both ridiculous. its unfair to send them to siegel? don't you think every team there deserves to play at their home field. but to say that playign at home is not an advantage is crazy. there is no way to know the particulars of a field unless you play there everyday. two most important things to home field are hitters back drop and back ground for fielders. to say oakland players would still know how siegel is is to some extent accurate but it would not be to the extent it will be at oakland.

the tssaa needs to start seeding the tournament. no way the top bracket should be the way it is and the see the bottom has two teams with losses in the teens and another team with only 21 games. farragut will not face a strong challenge until the championship game.

Good luck to all. wish it was sstill in the city on the bluff (since my team has made it the three years it has been in the boro...)

I wonder, Will Oakland will use the "visitors" dugout sometime this week? Good luck to all the coaches this week!

I wonder, Will Oakland will use the "visitors" dugout sometime this week? Good luck to all the coaches this week!

Did the rain issue really happen this year @Oakland. Gant was the young man I saw beat Bartlett and I would hate to think that story reallly happened. if it did, their chances of winning the state will more than likely depend on the weather I guess.

Did the rain issue really happen this year @Oakland. Gant was the young man I saw beat Bartlett and I would hate to think that story reallly happened. if it did, their chances of winning the state will more than likely depend on the weather I guess.

Oh yeah - biggern' Dallas. Gant was smokin them so they just shut her down. Oh wait, sorry, there I go whining again. Good luck and put it to 'em Bartlett

Oh yeah - biggern' Dallas. Gant was smokin them so they just shut her down. Oh wait, sorry, there I go whining again. Good luck and put it to 'em Bartlett

I thought it was a joke, but it must have happened! I thought the umpires were in total control after the start of the game.

I thought it was a joke, but it must have happened! I thought the umpires were in total control after the start of the game.

According to reliable sources, like our coach, one umpire told him it was their coach's decision to "save the field" for the next day. Our opinion - the game could/should have easily gone another 1/2 inning. Their opinion - they saved lives that night by tarping the field and halting play. I guess it's just a matter of opinion? Like they say it was just a tournament game and didn't really mean much, but some think it was a blatant attempt to avoid a loss.

If the kid who pitched against Oakland is mt. Juliet's 6th guy, everyone else is in trouble. I don't know that much about baseball, but I know good pitching when I see it. Go Pat's