Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

Boy bldbludder, you sure do have a lot of hate in you against Maryville! I hate to see your comments after Maryville beats up on `ol Oak Ridge year in and year out during the regular season /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Home of the Best H.S. Football" I was just quoting you sir, this is on your tag isn't it? Did someone, vandalize your tag name?

As for Maryville beating OR, you sir, have tattoos bigger than some of our players. You could get some cow pokes at the Honky tonk you hang out in & probably beat them with the coaching we have.

Have a great day.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls didn't stop Maryville, but they didn't stop West much either if memory serves correctly. Was the game not 52-49? Defense wasn't Halls best attribute last year. West simply couldn't stop the run..at all. Halls, in my opinion, played its best game against the state champs. Dayton and Kitts will be missed, but I think they won't be missed as much as everyone thinks. Halls' strength on offense should be its O-line. Those guys looked pretty good this spring. A strong O-line helped Kitts develop as a player the past couple years and I think will help develop some of the younger backs even more leading up to the season to go along with Waggoner and Pixley. The defense looked great in the spring, even without all the baseball kids who had started in the secondary last year. Anyways, we'll see. I don't think Halls should be talked up, but they should be one of the better teams in the region if not top 2 for certain.

Kitts and Dayton killed Maryville last year. Dayton was by far the best receiver Maryville faced last year. Dayton didn't get enough touches in my opinion.

I still expect the Halls game along with Alcoa to be Maryville's toughest games. I know Halls has this game circled on the calender.

Dayton was and still is played up as the best receiver Halls has had in years but that is just not the case. Sure, the talent was there and he had speed but he was arrogant and overbearing, not taking practice and the druggeries that come along with football seriously enough (such as weight lifting which was apparent in his small build). People please dont forget that Dayton was one man and this year we have a number of great receivers such as Gresham or Johnson. Besides if Dayton had had any more touches his head wouldnt have fit his helmet /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Now that will offend some of the faithful, but I don't think our defense has been solid in 4-5 years.

I thought the defense was YEOMAN last year.

I didn't see it in previous years.

This year it will be GOOD!

I think we will have more depth than in '07 on both sides of the ball.

My only concern is we may still have a few too many guys who play both ways?

Time will tell.

August 22nd can't come soon enough IMO.

Home of the Best H.S. Football" I was just quoting you sir, this is on your tag isn't it? Did someone, vandalize your tag name?

As for Maryville beating OR, you sir, have tattoos bigger than some of our players. You could get some cow pokes at the Honky tonk you hang out in & probably beat them with the coaching we have.

Have a great day.

Put down the crack pipe and back away from the computer....................that had to be the most stupid post I have ever tried to make sense of.................. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Dayton was and still is played up as the best receiver Halls has had in years but that is just not the case. Sure, the talent was there and he had speed but he was arrogant and overbearing, not taking practice and the druggeries that come along with football seriously enough (such as weight lifting which was apparent in his small build). People please dont forget that Dayton was one man and this year we have a number of great receivers such as Gresham or Johnson. Besides if Dayton had had any more touches his head wouldnt have fit his helmet /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Oh the hatred. Sad there are people like you this board.

His record and faithfulness to Big Red from his early park days will never be in question from Coaches and players that know him well. You my friend seem full of it.

Oh the hatred. Sad there are people like you this board.

His record and faithfulness to Big Red from his early park days will never be in question from Coaches and players that know him well. You my friend seem full of it.

Ill bet he was really dedicated...when he was 8. But full of it or not i would like to remind fellow halls supporters that losing Dayton does not mean we will be crippled on the WR front. I only wanted to point out that we have a wealth of talent this year, while at the same time of course making a joke /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Bad joke.

All players that have suited up for Halls gains my respect. They may not be the most talented compared to other teams players but ragging on Kitts and Dayton shows little respect. Halls finished second last year and they contributed greatly for a program that hadn't reached a playoff win in ten years.

OK rant over.

This years version has some great potential to acheive greatness. Stronger depth for the D and Turner, Waggoner & Johnson to have a great senior seasons.

Homefield advantage can be a big deal playing right out of the gate.

Bad joke.

All players that have suited up for Halls gains my respect. They may not be the most talented compared to other teams players but ragging on Kitts and Dayton shows little respect. Halls finished second last year and they contributed greatly for a program that hadn't reached a playoff win in ten years.

OK rant over.

This years version has some great potential to acheive greatness. Stronger depth for the D and Turner, Waggoner & Johnson to have a great senior seasons.

Homefield advantage can be a big deal playing right out of the gate.

Just to clairify I never spoke a word against Kitts, just Dayton. But considering that what I said might (ok was) fueled by a little personal fire, I apologize for offending anyone.

I would like to ask how many people are going to be at the game? Ive heard that they might move the bands out of the stands to make room for the crowd. If thats the case they might have to open up the other side of the track

Are you from the British contingent of Rebel fandom there FBE? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Coach Shepard is now coaching in Clarkville.

Put down the crack pipe and back away from the computer....................that had to be the most stupid post I have ever tried to make sense of.................. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You Can't deny that you run around with Cowpokes & have large tattoos though, can you?

It sounds like I am making someone mad. When you start accusing me being on crack & calling me stupid . I will try to dumb down my posts for you there Murville fan.