Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maryville will win and win BIG. halls wont know where the endzone is after being hit by this years maryville D. with all those returning linebackers and safties, and of corse my boi j. smith on the line. and the d tackle spots did lose two starters but this year Brad Heath (6', 220) and Tucker Munns (6'6", 275) they should fill those spots well. as well as junior d tack Dane McCoy (6'2", 255). if you think it will be close your mistaken.

Wow, it looks like Maryville cannot be beaten, it's like having the 72 Dolphins but for all time! You all must be proud ...

Halls has 3 things going for them.

Depth

Speed

Defense

Final

Halls 28

Maryville 21

Halls has depth? Do you mean the turf grass on the field or the puddles from the sprinkler system being left on for two days prior to the game? Halls will need that depth because Maryville never has any depth.

Speed? Maryville has always been slower than the other teams they have played the past 4 seasons and the loss record shows that! Being slower than the other teams in the region has hurt the Rebels the past 9 seasons.

Defense? GQ and company may not know what to do against a tough defense. Maryville might focus on scoring touchdowns to over come Halls’ seasoned tough defense. Maryville's Offence will hope the defense scores for them to win this game

see you at the game

Maryville's Offence will hope the defense scores for them to win this game

see you at the game

Are you from the British contingent of Rebel fandom there FBE? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

FBE is right about the puddles. i played a game at halls in 04 and it hadnt rained all week but it was one of the sloshiest games we played all year.

you have to consider the source(s). once you traverse into that part of k-town you never know what will be done. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Okay, everybody else is shooting off thier mouths so I will join in.

It did rain earlier on the day of the 2004 game. Any east Tennessee resident knows it can rain in your yard and not rain across the street. However, I agree that the Halls field is one of the worst for draining. It can be wet in places days after a rain.

Halls fans that are boldly predicting a win this early are wishful thinkers. I see no reason to be think Maryville will not continue to be very good. A few scrimmage games might offer some insight, but no one can be sure how these two teams will pan out. I respect both coaches and I think both programs are among the best.

That being said, I think Maryville has the edge at most positions on the field based on best guess lineups. Of the 24 starting positions including kicker and punter, I think Maryville has the edge at 15. They are very deep and very talented.

I think Halls is more talented than usual, but needs some playmakers to emerge. If Halls can stay healthy during the preseason, it should be a good game.

I think both defenses will be strong. For some reason I expect a relatively low scoring game compared to last year.

This prediction hurts because I am a huge Halls fan. I also reserve the right to change my prediction in a few weeks.

Maryville by 10 or 11 (21-10, 17-7 or maybe 14-3)