Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

What did I say to offend you? Why would you make a comment like that? I said that Maryville cannot lose. And then you offend me.

I did not mean to offend , I was just having some fun with your sarcasm /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not mean to offend , I was just having some fun with your sarcasm /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

Attack me if you will.. (snap up your chin strap) however, let's leave my beloved Mother out of this.

I do understand we are all a little tougher behind a key board.

It did rain earlier on the day of the 2004 game. Any east Tennessee resident knows it can rain in your yard and not rain across the street. However, I agree that the Halls field is one of the worst for draining. It can be wet in places days after a rain.

fairplay2121...You iz rite about acrost tha streat...Ovur at Hauls fer tha 2004 gaim hit wuz swampy on tha feeled and across tha track on tha fer end of tha stands next two tha consesshun stand we wuz kickin' up dust...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

fairplay2121...You iz rite about acrost tha streat...Ovur at Hauls fer tha 2004 gaim hit wuz swampy on tha feeled and across tha track on tha fer end of tha stands next two tha consesshun stand we wuz kickin' up dust...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah and somehow it was only wet when Maryville had the ball. Its amazing. I think you guys were going up hill in every quarter too. And the goal posts were always more narrow in the end zone you were facing. I don't know how those things happen. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah and somehow it was only wet when Maryville had the ball. Its amazing. I think you guys were going up hill in every quarter too. And the goal posts were always more narrow in the end zone you were facing. I don't know how those things happen. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh my gosh that was good, one thing to keep in mind, Maryville cannot be beaten, They are like the 72 Dolphins only a lot more outgoing. We are watching history in the making.

Hey if you don't believe they are the best thing going........JUST ASK THEM.

Oh my gosh that was good, one thing to keep in mind, Maryville cannot be beaten, They are like the 72 Dolphins only a lot more outgoing. We are watching history in the making.

Hey if you don't believe they are the best thing going........JUST ASK THEM.

Boy bldbludder, you sure do have a lot of hate in you against Maryville! I hate to see your comments after Maryville beats up on `ol Oak Ridge year in and year out during the regular season /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And you left out how tha wind switched ann blowed inn our faces wonce we had tha bawl..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The wet field thing was 4 years ago and a completely different situation. Let's not harp on that for the sake of the current kids and staff. All that matters is the current coaching staff, players and fan support from both teams. Halls and Maryville are similar in community types in my opinion. They have similar types of athletes with Maryville having a few more typically, and sometimes a lot more than Halls. This year I'm hearing Halls has a surplus of athletes...in comparison to what they normally have. Halls did appear to have depth during the scrimmage I watched in the spring, but how much in comparison to Maryville...we'll see. I think Halls and Maryville have a common scrimmage in Kingsport, so the DB people will probably be the only ones who really will have any clue at all leading up to the game Aug 22. That being said, those are only scrimmages and we all know that scrimmages typically are controlled without much special teams or revealing anything at all. One thing that Maryville has that is obvious is a bunch of kids growing up from Freshmen to Seniors and buying into the system. That's a huge advantage to the rebels. Last year I think Halls played its best game of the season against Maryville. I also do not think that losing Dayton or Kitts will hurt Halls as much as some people think. It should be a good game with both teams playing physical. Now whether that pans out or now, we'll have to wait and see.

The wet field thing was 4 years ago and a completely different situation. Let's not harp on that for the sake of the current kids and staff. All that matters is the current coaching staff, players and fan support from both teams. Halls and Maryville are similar in community types in my opinion. They have similar types of athletes with Maryville having a few more typically, and sometimes a lot more than Halls. This year I'm hearing Halls has a surplus of athletes...in comparison to what they normally have. Halls did appear to have depth during the scrimmage I watched in the spring, but how much in comparison to Maryville...we'll see. I think Halls and Maryville have a common scrimmage in Kingsport, so the DB people will probably be the only ones who really will have any clue at all leading up to the game Aug 22. That being said, those are only scrimmages and we all know that scrimmages typically are controlled without much special teams or revealing anything at all. One thing that Maryville has that is obvious is a bunch of kids growing up from Freshmen to Seniors and buying into the system. That's a huge advantage to the rebels. Last year I think Halls played its best game of the season against Maryville. I also do not think that losing Dayton or Kitts will hurt Halls as much as some people think. It should be a good game with both teams playing physical. Now whether that pans out or now, we'll have to wait and see.

Did you forget that we were not able to stop Maryville at all last year? Am I the only Halls fan that remembers that Maryville did not punt a single time in the game? Don't let the score board fool you, Halls did not play well at all. The only reason we were able to keep it close was because we we're able to break 2 long touchdowns. Both being 3rd and long if my memory is correct.

Did you forget that we were not able to stop Maryville at all last year? Am I the only Halls fan that remembers that Maryville did not punt a single time in the game? Don't let the score board fool you, Halls did not play well at all. The only reason we were able to keep it close was because we we're able to break 2 long touchdowns. Both being 3rd and long if my memory is correct.

I thought the West game was the best we played. But the Maryville game was exciting. We stopped Maryville once on a interception. Like others have said for Halls to be really good this year the defense will need to step up.

Not sure about the comment Halls won't miss Dayton Or Kitts I thought that was a little out there. But I do like our experience and a solid senior class. Playmakers will be found I'm just excited to see who will step up. Like to see our beast Caleb ring some heads.

Go Red Devils /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

- Maryville fans help me out, someone said Maryville is 99-1 in thier last 100 games. Is that true?? I think that says it all!

- I expect the Alcoa game will be the biggest game of the regular season for Maryville, I hope they get ready for it! Halls probably won't offer much of a challenge.

Kitts and Dayton killed Maryville last year. Dayton was by far the best receiver Maryville faced last year. Dayton didn't get enough touches in my opinion.

I still expect the Halls game along with Alcoa to be Maryville's toughest games. I know Halls has this game circled on the calender.