Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

Halls was the last regional team to do it and took Maryville to a 38-30 game in Maryville last year without the starting QB the entire 2nd half

Halls returns more starters than Maryville and the game is in Halls 4 weeks from tonight

most folks without a time machine or crysytal ball think this will be the best early season game in east tennessee

this game could go either way

IMO, the team who works the hardest for the next 4 weeks walks away victorious

Also, Halls does not stand a chance.. Welcome to 2008...

" the team who works the hardest for the next 4 weeks walks away victorious"

This is the corniest line I have ever heard.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team has a chance. Maryville could play sloppy football, fumble, throw interceptions, bust pass coverage....but, when this has happened in the past, GQ has still found a way to win. Okay, you were right...Halls does not stand a chance.

Wow, did you just post in all caps? you are scary.. You sound tough behind that keyboard..

You would be one to teach us about attitude, Are you a Halls fan? If so, let me stay on topic, you don't have a chance.

lol

I'm not getting personal. If you choose that route, that's up to you. My toughness is my business and if you think my CAPS LOCK has anything to do with that, all I can say is...

...how did you even imagine that unless perhaps it's a thought you entertain when posting?

My CAPS LOCK was simply used to make a point on this MB, that is all. You're entitled to your opinion about the potential outcome of the game, but since they haven't played it yet, I'd say your opinion is about as valid as anyone elses on here.

In the meantime, I'll continue to express mine.

Halls 28

Maryville 21

" the team who works the hardest for the next 4 weeks walks away victorious"

This is the corniest line I have ever heard.

"Gentlemen, this is a football". -=Vince Lombardi=-

Corney? Perhaps. But it works.

Sir," The chickens have come home to roost on Halls" I am afraid.

Obama will win the election, I will move back to Ireland, but I will still keep in touch.

I can help you with plane fare. Heck I might even have to go with you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

- Not really trying for reverse psych, most would agree with me that a program that went 15-0 for the fourth straight year is much further along than one that seems exicited to go 8-4. How Halls fans can trash talk against Maryville is crazy to me!

- Most Mville fans show us respect and flatter our team, I think we should do likewise.

- Finally, I stand by what I said. Slow(I didn't make the 40 times up), and not real tough is my opinion. If you check all my posts you will see that I say alot about what we do well.

- Halls fans, do you really see a Rock, Cat, Banks, Lusby, Hall, Powell, Sain, Julian, Copp, Nichols, etc. on this team (as far as toughness goes?) What about Shaw, Hoff, Kontz, Thomas, Mchee, Nichols, Whitlock, etc.? Satterfield, Wison, Carter, Qualls?? Toughnes is relative, and these are the players I respect as being tough. We ain't there yet.

IM80,

This is a open forum thread & no man should tell another what to say or do.

Everyone is entiltled to their opinion.

Here is only my take on your post.

You may not have been trying for RP, but what you posted comes off (to me anyway) as a negative comment toward these kids for their percived (in your eyes) lack of toughtness & speed. Yes, you may not have intended to be negative towards the kids, but by posting these position specific times, I do not think you take into account specifics such as, when the 40 times where taken (after several days of practice) & the accuracy of timing methods & means. Each school does their timing differently, so unless they have a regional combine in the spring with FAT timing for all positions (like the NFL combines) any comparison between schools is only fodder for forums like this.

So "maybe" our kids times are slow relative to other schools. So what. Its what we have to play with. Its certainly not from lack of effort. KJ has told us they have worked more together & harder during the off-season than previous Halls teams. So, if it was not RP, I failed to understand your point of posting the times & comments like that.

As for toughness, maybe these kids are not as tough as the old days of crazy-slow intimidating smashmouth football. For a product of that "old school" of football like myself, it seems strange to admit, but I think todays kids don't need to be that tough, or even can be tough in that same way. Remember our age group (in general) could not hold a candle to our fathers & grandfathers "Greatest Generation" in toughness, so times & conditions keep changing. Similarly, todays kids have different obstacles to overcome & also different positive attributes that previous age groups did not & could not have as a whole. That can be another thread.

Real Halls fans know the deal with the Red Rebels all too well by now. As does everyone else they play.

There maybe a few rogue comments from "fans" or kids from both schools.

That does not mean that the vast majority of Halls fans don't respect GQ et. al.

I for one am grateful for the chance for our kids to play a national quality team like Maryville (especially given the upcoming TSSAA classification changes).

If your a real fan of HS Football, even if you hate to admit it, it is truly beautiful, fun, entertaining, football to watch GQ's boys execute & try to guess when or if GQ pulls out the rabbits.

I just think it is more helpful to be as positive as we can be while still being mindfull of the the realities.

Both as a Halls supporters & as welcoming hosts to our visitors.

HB76

lol

I'm not getting personal. If you choose that route, that's up to you. My toughness is my business and if you think my CAPS LOCK has anything to do with that, all I can say is...

...how did you even imagine that unless perhaps it's a thought you entertain when posting?

My CAPS LOCK was simply used to make a point on this MB, that is all. You're entitled to your opinion about the potential outcome of the game, but since they haven't played it yet, I'd say your opinion is about as valid as anyone elses on here.

In the meantime, I'll continue to express mine.

Halls 28

Maryville 21

"Gentlemen, this is a football". -=Vince Lombardi=-

Corney? Perhaps. But it works.

MY great grandfather sure thought so as well, How about win one for the Gipper? I do agree that you guys are truly the greatest generation,

We owe your generation a lot.

As for the game, I would say Maryville will win the game, Because of a talented coaching staff.. They always find a way to win,

It's like when Urban Meyer@ FL. Plays Phil Fulmer @Tn. Urban Meyer could win with the third string, Coaching is the key. It's what you do with your talent that counts

So as the 'difficult' week of 2.a.days arrive - how did we look on day 1?

I was told that CB #8 Taylor Babcock may have torn his ACL today

Taylor seemed to handle it well but I heard it is not good news. I have him in my prayers.

I got to practice late but folks told me the first day in pads looked a little sloppy.

> to be expected IMO.