New A-11 OFFENSE

delayofgame

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to check this out.............CRAZY FORMATIONS AND THEIR LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who has got the balls to run this during the 08 season.

http://a11offense.com/

Looks pretty much like an adjustment to the Emory and Henry formation. I remember Florida running a play from it in Knoxville when Spurrier was still in Gainesville.

I would love to see this offense in person. I think it would work great against a smaller (size) team or a slower team.

The problem I see is some officals will keep calling the plays illegal everytime someone tries to use it.

Coach would have to inform the refs pre-game they had this in their arsenal.

Interesting.........

How do they get around RULE 7-2-5 of the NFHS Regulations:

"At the snap, at least five players on the line of scrimmage must wear numbers 50-79."

Every HS state association in the nation uses either the NFHS or NCAA rules and both have this same requirement; therefore, there can be only six eligible receivers on the field at one time including the QB.

How do they get around RULE 7-2-5 of the NFHS Regulations:

"At the snap, at least five players on the line of scrimmage must wear numbers 50-79."

Every HS state association in the nation uses either the NFHS or NCAA rules and both have this same requirement; therefore, there can be only six eligible receivers on the field at one time including the QB.

Okay, I will answer my own question. I just read the information provided by the guys who came up with this concept. They stay in a KICK FORMATION for every play. I seriously doubt any referee crew in TN would allow a team to stay in a kick formation for the entire game. I just don't see this going over here but I could be wrong.

Okay, I will answer my own question. I just read the information provided by the guys who came up with this concept. They stay in a KICK FORMATION for every play. I seriously doubt any referee crew in TN would allow a team to stay in a kick formation for the entire game. I just don't see this going over here but I could be wrong.

technically, you can kick on any play so i dont think a referee crew could stop you from running the offense. notice you must have a back deep in the backfield to make it a kick formation. rule for eligible recievers stay the same... just coach kids on how to tell the ineligibles.

it is not a new concept... old single wing teams ran it quiet often.

Pen Argyl high school in Pennsylvania still run a version of this offense out of "short punt formations".

the coach t Member that goes by "Yale Formation" probably knows a lot more of the history.

From what I could tell, this offense would work alright if you only ran 2 or 3 plays a game from it.

It seems like to me that if you ran this offense the whole game. You'd get slaughtered.

It is very easy to come up with a defense for this, if a team only runs of that formation.

From what I could tell, this offense would work alright if you only ran 2 or 3 plays a game from it.

It seems like to me that if you ran this offense the whole game. You'd get slaughtered.

It is very easy to come up with a defense for this, if a team only runs of that formation.

I agree Croz... if ur behind and have to pull a rabbit out of ya butt tho this would be great