Stratford only 16 players

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was 91' when Gallatin lost to Stratford in the semi's and they did have those players then. In 92' Gallatin also played in the semi's but if you were in the endzone then you were all alone cause it was played in Henry County. Winner of the 91' game played the winner of Oak Ridge/Knox Central. I remember them giving updates of the score throughout the game with huge mummerings everytime they scored in overtime. I always wondered what would have happened if Stratford and the power running game had played Knox Central with pass happy Todd Helton.

Loved to watch Jodie Inman play ball though. Wish we had about 10 of him on the team now.

No offense, but you have your years mixed up. I WAS standing in the end zone when Gallatin beat Stratford at Gallatin in the semis in the fall of '92. Gallatin then went on to beat Clinton the next Saturday 21-13 for the AAA state championship. Look it up yourself. Calvin Hall was a player on that team. The McMurrys as well. Never knew why they called him "Tiny".

Stratford was led by Erik Gardner class of '93, and Michael Coleman and Arcentae Broome class of '94.

You ARE correct about Jody Inman, however. He could teach the guys today a lot about desire and love of the game. He is still in the area and would probably love the chance to do so. He hasn't changed much.

As far as neighborhood schools, that started more than 35 years ago. Howard, Cumberland and West went first in the late 60's. Then Litton, Donelson, Two Rivers, Cameron, Haynes and Central around '71. Next was North, Bellevue and Joelton in 77. Cohn and Pearl were merged after 1982. Then they finished off with DuPont, Madison, Goodlettsville and East in '86. It didn't just happen "35 years ago". It was a gradual process.

No offense, but you have your years mixed up. I WAS standing in the end zone when Gallatin beat Stratford at Gallatin in the semis in the fall of '92. Gallatin then went on to beat Clinton the next Saturday 21-13 for the AAA state championship. Look it up yourself. Calvin Hall was a player on that team. The McMurrys as well. Never knew why they called him "Tiny".

Stratford was led by Erik Gardner class of '93, and Michael Coleman and Arcentae Broome class of '94.

You ARE correct about Jody Inman, however. He could teach the guys today a lot about desire and love of the game. He is still in the area and would probably love the chance to do so. He hasn't changed much.

As far as neighborhood schools, that started more than 35 years ago. Howard, Cumberland and West went first in the late 60's. Then Litton, Donelson, Two Rivers, Cameron, Haynes and Central around '71. Next was North, Bellevue and Joelton in 77. Cohn and Pearl were merged after 1982. Then they finished off with DuPont, Madison, Goodlettsville and East in '86. It didn't just happen "35 years ago". It was a gradual process.

Bigchief ,no offense, but it is not me that has the years mixed up. While your knowledge of former Gallatin players is good you do have the years confused. Calvin Hall's first year starting was 91' after David Erickson tore his knee up in practice. Lawren Lassiter was the QB.

In 91' Gallatin played Dickson County 21-0, MBA 20-18, Bartlett 14-10, STRATFORD 28-19, then lost to Oak Ridge 0-30.

In 92' Gallatin beat Dickson County 23-20, McGavock 21-7, Christian Brothers 31-14, Henry County 16-13, then won the State Title against Clinton 21-13.

The Stratford game was played on Dec.6, 1991.

Gallatin had 11 first downs Stratford 6, Gallatin had 157 yards rushing, Stratford had 217, Gallatin had 60 yards passing, Stratford had 0. Lawern Lassiter had 40 yards rushing and Jeremy McMurry had 92 yards rushing, Brandon Moore had 14 yards rushing, Calvin Hall had 9 and Inman had 2. Each had possession of the ball for 24 mins, Keith Brewer had 2 catches for 26 yards and Calvin Hall had 2 for 46. (Lassiter got sacked for 12 yards thus equaling the 60 net). Stratford scored all 19 in the first half and led at halftime 19-14. Penalties played a huge part in the game with Stratford having 6 for 50 yards and Gallatin had 0. Stratford also had 3 fumbles all lost to the Green Wave.

Sorry man....you are wrong about this one. Look it up. But thanks for the conversation. Oh yeah, I have no idea why they called him "tiny". But he played in 89'. Mark not Jeremy was his twin.

Actually, it was in '92 that they had the 1000 yard backs. Gardner, Coleman, Young and Broome. They lost in the semis at Gallatin (I was standing in the end zone). Jody Inman is my boy.

That was the same year that Stratford and McGavock played in week 8. Both were undefeated at 7-0. Jonathan Quinn was the quarterback at McGavock (had lunch with him yesterday, actually). McGavock scored early and then Gardner went nuts for about 300 yards and Stratford won 42-10. McGavock won their only playoff win in school history that year in the first round over Ryan 14-12 before losing the next week at Gallatin 21-7.

The coach at Stratford then was Bubba Spears who just happens to be the coach now at East Lit along with another former Spartan boss Jerry Pigue. The circle of life.

What year did Coach Bob Leach give up the program?

Bring back William Johnson he could turn it around!

Huh????? He will never get re-hired in Metro. He had his shot to land the Pearl Cohn job prior to the 2006 season but even Fitzgerald (his biggest supporter at one point in time) grew tired of him and completely shut him out following the truth that came out about the guys he played at Stratford. Marshall Co. football was terrible those two years that WJ was running the show. They couldn't stop a hard marching band defensively /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Gallatin beat Henry Co. 16-13 in the semis in 92. I played on the losing end of that battle.