Oneida

goosevol

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not for sure what scrimmage you were watching but by my count Livingston beat Oneida 1-0 with the older boys, and Oneida beat Clay County 1-0 with the older boys. Livingston picked a bubble off and took it 30 yards to the end zone. I truly thought that Oneida was not nearly what they're made out to be. They are a solid football team but no were near Trousdale, Friendship , South Pitt and most likely many more teams from around middle TN. How they are ranked top 10 in the state is beyond me.

I am not for sure what scrimmage you were watching but by my count Livingston beat Oneida 1-0 with the older boys, and Oneida beat Clay County 1-0 with the older boys. Livingston picked a bubble off and took it 30 yards to the end zone. I truly thought that Oneida was not nearly what they're made out to be. They are a solid football team but no were near Trousdale, Friendship , South Pitt and most likely many more teams from around middle TN. How they are ranked top 10 in the state is beyond me.

Yeah, ask_me hasn't been reporting scrimmages to well lately. He reported the other day that Harriman just played Austin-East's JV squad(which was entirely inaccurate) The two JVs played late in the game. I think he just makes up a final score and analysis, then reports it! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Oneida was the only team to score on offense. They scored 2 on LA and 1 on Clay Co. all against the "older boys." Oneida drove the ball all night and LA never had a gain of more than 10 yards. On the play where the ball was picked off and ran back for a TD the coach must have read the play because he moved the kid over in to perfect position right before the ball was snapped. It may not have been the dominating performance some expected but you can't take much from the first scrimmage of the year. I have a feeling the boys are gonna be ready when the lights come on! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I may be wrong but didn't Oneida & LA meet several times Friday. I'm pretty sure Oneida had a touchdown before the pick six & I know they (the varsity squads) drove down & scored on LA after the refs left and the refs were there for the pick. Not real sure about the overall score, it's kinda hard to keep up in a three way scrimmage. Also didn't see any scoring on Oneida's D. I may have missed something but I'm pretty sure about what I listed.

I wasn't there, so I guess my take is a little less compelling. My "sources", and I have quite a few, tell me that from a overall standpoint the scrimmage was dictated by the Defenses. No surprise there, since offensive execution comes with more reps. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> 4-AFanatic's opinion doesn't hold a whole lot of water with me, including his observations on how Oneida stacks up against TC, Friendship, or SP since those games must get played on a football field and not on his post. One of my aforementioned sources hails froms Livingston and even he felt from a defensive standpoint that the Indians ruled. Look for the Indians to get better at "moving the chains" over the next few scrimmages. Stone comes this Friday, with a home crowd I would expect Lambert's Crew to show increased improvement! One more question, I also heard Oneida's O was pretty "vanilla", could the Tribe be playing basic offense to test their physicallity against a sizable opponent (Livingston)? Just food for thought. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Kazzy

Oneida also only got 20 or so plays on offense with the 1's. Was Oneida dominate, no, when you go a series and set down for 10-15 minutes it is tough to get into any kind of groove.

Defensively, no one went anywhere on the Indians. Don't worry, they will be in fine shape when it counts.

Oneida also only got 20 or so plays on offense with the 1's. Was Oneida dominate, no, when you go a series and set down for 10-15 minutes it is tough to get into any kind of groove.

Defensively, no one went anywhere on the Indians. Don't worry, they will be in fine shape when it counts.

Lot of standing around in the three way format but good for a first scrimage. I thought the Indian's 1st team offense was pretty game the series after the interception. They went 80 yds in about 6 plays. Those were the only two series with the 1st team.

Man, I have to say that interception was pretty. I don't know if that kid from Livingston had ESP or maybe bionic hearing but that was the quickest read ever! By a linebacker too! Hats off!

I also thought Clay Co looked very good. Good solid hitting all night. Marched up and down the field on Livingston. Tuff solid group of kids. I hope they do well in their region.

Sounds like Oneida and Clay are both pretty good. Wasn't LA down quite a bit last year? Coalfield is pretty tough, but if Oneida is as good as everyone says they should cruise. Doesn't Harriman present a roadblock?

I wouldn't say cruise, Oneida does have a good team with alot of experience but like you posted Harriman is a very talented squad as is Midway. Any other team on their schedule has the ability to win on any given night. I like Oneida's chances this year but their gonna have to show up every night, ain't nobody gonna give them anything.