Smyrna@Siegel

I know you have to hydrate well the whole week. (hoss) I would think everyone reading my comment knew it as well. That was not my point. My point is you need to increase the intake the day before the game. I know a little my self. I played, just a bit. (HOSS)

It is Woodard. I just copied his quote

Well that is just terrific. Now I have played a down or to myself, and my playing time extended past my high school glory days. So I guess HOSS, we will have to agree to disagree.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First congratulations to the siegel Stars !

But before everyone hands the siegel players their 2008 state champ rings just remember neither offenses scored

a tuchdown. Yes ,the Smyrna players were not conditioned or properly hydrated and that is the coaches fault. These mistakes can be corrected easily, but, can anyone explain why the siegel offense could not score against such an ill-prepared Smyrna team ?

LOD and I told you that you would miss Coach Robbins. After all Shad had plenty of D-1 talent over the years and never made a big run of things until he got Sonny, Rod, and Coach Robbins to teach Sonny to be the best! You have to credit him for that hire, and why do you think he made sure he got Coach Robbins over at MTCS???

Who coached the qb's before Robbins got there? I've wondered this for a couple of years now. It seems too coincidental that Robbins just happened to be there for the two years Sonny was the qb. He was a special high school talent, but didn't strike me as that much better, if as good as Powell, Wolke, etc. But, he sure was productive, which had to be somewhat credited to the coaching he recieved in detail, specifically at that position.

Hang in there Smyrna. It's just one game.

First congratulations to the siegel Stars !

But before everyone hands the siegel players their 2008 state champ rings just remember neither offenses scored

a tuchdown. Yes ,the Smyrna players were not conditioned or properly hydrated and that is the coaches fault. These mistakes can be corrected easily, but, can anyone explain why the siegel offense could not score against such an ill-prepared Smyrna team ?

I think the Oakland folks are measuring their ring sizes and clearing a spot in their trophy case for the gold ball. Most of us simple Siegel folks just want to make the playoffs (remember Siegel is picked for 7th in the region by the experts).

I could have sworn Siegel's offense scored. They didn't score TDs due to a conservative run-based offense, miscues in the red zone, and breaking in a new QB. And Smyrna's d is no slouch, and defense is always a mile ahead of offense in early season games.

Nice handle by the way. Our friends have an american bulldog and that is one of the coolest pets I have ever been around.

I think the Oakland folks are measuring their ring sizes and clearing a spot in their trophy case for the gold ball. Most of us simple Siegel folks just want to make the playoffs (remember Siegel is picked for 7th in the region by the experts).

I could have sworn Siegel's offense scored. They didn't score TDs due to a conservative run-based offense, miscues in the red zone, and breaking in a new QB. And Smyrna's d is no slouch, and defense is always a mile ahead of offense in early season games.

Nice handle by the way. Our friends have an american bulldog and that is one of the coolest pets I have ever been around.

We just beat Riverdale for the first time in 8 years, and did it in a way that it was basically a taste of their own medicine. The guys won as a team and showed a ton of heart, I didnt know it was against the rules to get excited about your time. I dare you find one knowledgeable fan at Oakland that has seriously mentioned state championship? Its way too early, and at this point, were just worried about the guys building up the program, if we make a great run for the ball, thats fine, but first priority for Oakland is to get back to the playoffs. If Oakland's defense is a mile ahead of their offense, then the Patriots are going to be downright scary late in the season

taylor spaman yea he is the starter but his back up had a really great game so there might be some compition

I think it was 41, 15, & 16 in there and they all played well. 44 is going to be a beast too. I heard the injury may not be as bad as first thought from what his folks told me so hopefully he will get back in the mix.

Oakland dude, you need to learn not to take this stuff so seriously. This was Siegel's biggest win in their short history over the back to back defending state champs so folks there, and the players, were pretty excited as well. Remember we were picked next to last by the experts at the DNJ, and from what I read on your thread, Oakland and Riverdale are going to finish 1/2 in the region. Congrats on the big win over Riverdale, it is an exciting time in R45A!

I wanted to hear from a Blaze person about Coach Williams. I have been around Football my whole life and know what it takes to come back from tough losses like this one. I'm sure he is confident in himself or he would not have made it to this level. My question is; is it in him to lead a team like Smyrna? They seem very cocky, undisciplined, un-prepared and out of shape for this match up. I know it early in his campaign but those are things you get control of day 1. I can except the lost but I can not except some of the other garbage I saw.

Blaze folks, love to hear your thought .

How many people does Smyrna have playing both ways? Just wondering.

Siegel has a lot playing both ways, not sure about smyrna. I will give credit to Smyrnas defense. They are VERY fast. But Siegels gameplan was to smash the ball right at them. We had, i heard, Over 30 minutes of possesion so we dominated the ball. Sometimes field goals and defense can win you games when your a ball control offense and that is what happened with the Stars.

It doesn't matter how you score as long as you have more than the opposition. In case you forgot a bunch of our scores in the past few yrs was from our DEFENSE causing a turnover and taking it in.

Siegel should be proud to have turned the corner no matter what excuse they are trying to use in Smyrna.

Very nicely said. People are discrediting the stars because they didnt get any points on the board. Siegel had some very good possesions and a very solid running game. If you ask me defense wins ball games. If you dont score you can't win. Congrats to the stars defense on the shut out.

I wanted to hear from a Blaze person about Coach Williams. I have been around Football my whole life and know what it takes to come back from tough losses like this one. I'm sure he is confident in himself or he would not have made it to this level. My question is; is it in him to lead a team like Smyrna? They seem very cocky, undisciplined, un-prepared and out of shape for this match up. I know it early in his campaign but those are things you get control of day 1. I can except the lost but I can not except some of the other garbage I saw.

Blaze folks, love to hear your thought .

i am a big fan of matt williams...he is a very good defensive coach...good communicator...hard worker...intense but not over the top ranting and raving...competitive...and cares for the kids...

he personally mentored my son for two years at linebacker...and we will always be in debt to his investment

no doubt he can do this job...but with any new coach...their may be some rough riding at first

i don't think he has an experienced quarterback so folks are going to load 8 in the box...that is tough to win with in this region...no matter how good your line is

the cocky probably comes from winning two state championships...maybe that is gone now and they will be confident after busting their butts all week

undisciplined i don't know...was not their

unprepared...i would doubt it...probably had more with playing a pretty tough siegel squad and having a young QB