The Streak will end with Alcoa

UCSportsFan

Alcoa is loaded this year and i really believe that the streak of 62 straight wins is over. Even though the game will be played at Maryville, i think Alcoa is just too strong this year. Maryville is still my pick to win 4A but outside of MBA and BA, no other teams can matchup with Alcoa anywhere in the state. I'm sure alot of others will see it different but to me Maryville just isn't as talented across the board this year as they have been in the past. What does everyone else think? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa is loaded this year and i really believe that the streak of 62 straight wins is over. Even though the game will be played at Maryville, i think Alcoa is just too strong this year. Maryville is still my pick to win 4A but outside of MBA and BA, no other teams can matchup with Alcoa anywhere in the state. I'm sure alot of others will see it different but to me Maryville just isn't as talented across the board this year as they have been in the past. What does everyone else think? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Alcoa has been loaded for the last four years! At least two of those with much more talent than Maryville. It

didn't matter! Why not? I don't know, it just didn't matter. Maryville just finds a way to win!

Maryville and Alcoa will always be great teams, mainly because they are coached by legends...Maryville has a very strong defense and that could give the Tornadoes trouble. But if Alcoa can stop Maryville's running game, who knows...but i think neither team has a better chance of winning than the other...we'll just see who executes and i want to wish both teams good luck! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lately, all these people have been saying that Maryville's streak will come to an end at Halls. Now, it's turned to Alcoa as the team to down the Rebs, and now, we even have someone saying Powell will win. I just have something to say that seems like common sense, and that is Maryville will go undefeated and win the state championship, again.

Alcoa would like nothing more than to break Murvul's streak (besides winning their 5th consecutive championship). BUT, GQ is very, very good at knowing when to use a trick play to take the sails out of the opposing team. The Tornadoes are ready for MHS, but GQ is the master. Not to take anything away from Rankin. Hopefully the youngun's won't do their impression of a deer in headlights this year and beat those Rebs!

I think this will be a good game .Maryville had a tough game at halls and that will be a plus for them the only thing that concerns me is that if the offense makes the same mistakes they made at halls Alcoa will make the Rebs pay .If the defense can play with the same intensity they did at Halls and the running game keeps getting better Maryville can win this game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

either alcoa beats them or they carry their streak to the next season it is that simple and about the game everyone is talking about how good alcoa is and they are exceptional this year but i think over the last couple years they have had better talent than maryville (ie randall cobb, shiverdecker, lindsey, warren, etc) and still can't get a win i don't know if it is coaching or what but maryville just won't loose this one