MBA vs. Cincinnati Moeller

TheBigRedDog

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how many kids go to Moeller?

I think Daniel said about 1000 all boys. It's a different animal the the DII schools around here (except maybe Ryan). The tuition is much lower and they are much bigger.

I am concerned about depth as well. Good luck to the Big Red. Like Coach Rut once said, "we will play anybody, anytime, anywhere, even if we have to play 'em in the parking lot."

Does anyone know how many kids go to Moeller?

930 students, (All boy) grades 9-12

They are D1 which is like 5A here in TN. The are a privet Catholic HS. In Ohio they play in the same divisions as public schools, which is a big topic for debate up there.

99% of the graduates enter college

90% participated in co- curricular activities

30% of students enter from public schools

15% of students are not affiliated with the Catholic Church

Very good institution with impeccable facilities.

I think Daniel said about 1000 all boys. It's a different animal the the DII schools around here (except maybe Ryan). The tuition is much lower and they are much bigger.

I am concerned about depth as well. Good luck to the Big Red. Like Coach Rut once said, "we will play anybody, anytime, anywhere, even if we have to play 'em in the parking lot."

One recent poster claimed that Father Ryan had 854 students last year so they should have about 427 boys which would be less boys than MBA. Moeller would be more like Christian Brothers.

No it's a Paul Brown where the (sorry) Bengal's play. I wish it was at one of the great Ohio HS stadiums but money. talks you know?

I was on the Ohio board as well (JJhuddle) and yes the Moeller folks are very confident. But if you go to some of the open threads, with other folks from other areas in Ohio. It is pretty even as to who they fell will win the game. Out side of Moeller fan. Ohio is posting many nice things of MBA and their program. Of course there are exceptions but for the most part, there is high praise on there of MBA.

Could you post a link to those boards? I'd love to take a look.

hey, kwoodroof try jjhuddle. i found multiple mentions of mba on Ohio vs. USA forums. you have to register tho. just search "montgomery bell moeller" and you got it.

it seems most of their projections are random, with little to no reasons for it. one usual comment on mba was that they are thin since they have 6 players potentially playing both sides.

I don't think most of us really know what to expect Sunday. Moeller has a fabulous reputation nationally dating back to the Jerry Faust days. That is when I first remember hearing of that school...when Notre Dame hired Jerry Faust out of Moeller (maybe the biggest hiring mistake in the history of college football...what were the Irish thinking?). Ohio is a big populous state, and high school football is huge. Ohio sends scads of players to play in college, Ohio State, usually 1/2 of Michigans team is from Ohio. But I also remember playing Jax Boles, and Florida high school football had the same rep. and we beat them. That was at home with maybe the best MBA team ever (even though they lost a game along the way to the State Championship). High School football in Tennessee has gotten a lot better in the last few years, so who knows how we will match up.

Coach McGuigan went up there on Sat night and watched their game with Princeton High School, a big public school. Moeller ended up winning but Coach said it wasn't easy. Coach said they look a lot like us. They are big up front and they can move. We have a 1 day advantage having played Friday night and playing this week on Sunday. I will promise you this much, the MBA team will be prepared, and they will play hard. It has been a long time since I played football, but I sure don't remember my coaches being as organized and working out all the details the way Daniels staff does. God only knows (and his wife I guess) how much film Daniel watches. I am also impressed because Daniel is really smart...I mean really smart. Maybe that is pretty much how it is done now, but I kinda doubt. I'd bet a lot of coaches still fly by the seat of their pants

But I also remember playing Jax Boles, and Florida high school football had the same rep. and we beat them. That was at home with maybe the best MBA team ever (even though they lost a game along the way to the State Championship).

To clarify, MBA ran the table that year (1999), going 12-0. That was the best MBA team I have ever seen.

It was in 2000 that MBA lost once - to Bolles 26-3 in the driving rain in Jacksonville - but later had that loss turn into a forfeit win due to use of an ineligible player by Bolles.

The best board to find talk on is Yappi.com. They pretty much cover the whole state of Ohio with Southwest Ohio, CIncinnati and Dayton having the most posters. I am calling this game a tossup and I looking foward to a good hard hitting game. If any of you get a chance, you need to check out all of the games just to see how good Ohio Football really is. Every Ohio team participating plays in the same division for the same state championship.