Meigs County @ McMinn Central

logcabinman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad its football season!!!! What makes it even better is the High School rivalry games. I havent seen either team play but knowing the tradition Meigs has, they are going to be ready to play. I think it will be close at the start but i think central has too much talent and speed for it to stay close long. I know people from meigs and i know people from central, they are both good people who love their schools. This is a good rivalry that has been heated up over the summer, in which i dont agree with a kid who is a leader on a team that transfers to the rival. but it is his(or parents?) choice. I hope it doesnt get out of hand and i hope the adults in the stands dont embarass themselves and act like adults. The kids just need to play football and hit each other until the whistle blows and go back to the huddle and do it again, that is football.

here is a good point....for meigs' players to take shots a rayl they have to get to him first....o-line gonna dominate this game? man, i hope it don't get too ugly...we don't want any one game suspensions handed out for either team...

I wouldnt worry to much about that. Unless the President of the United States was to hand down the suspension, it wouldnt stick anyway.

here is a good point....for meigs' players to take shots a rayl they have to get to him first....o-line gonna dominate this game? man, i hope it don't get too ugly...we don't want any one game suspensions handed out for either team...

I dont know Meigs new coach but I do know the Super and the Principal at Meigs. Both are fine men and will be at the game I am sure. I bet there will be some mouthing and as always there will be shots taken at qb's. That is football as long as it's not cheap stuff. Both coaches will talk to the refs before the game to assure them things will be under their control. Both school administrators will have talked to the coaches before the game. None of that will matter once the kids are on the field in the heat of battle. The captains and leaders of both teams will try to keep things under control on the field. In a rivalry game like this that has a qb who switched teams over the summer I have no doubt there will be a late hit or personal foul penalty doled out to each team. I hope the parents handle it as well as these players do.

Congrats Chargers on a #3 State Ranking....I knew following the scrimmage with us that your team has something special this year....stay focused, keep doing the little things that wins football games, and you should go along way this year....will be following your progression....

McMinn 32

Meigs 6

Coach Derrick's pre-season schedule has gone a long way in preparing the Chargers for 2008. It was time for the Chargers to upgrade the competition. Playing 5A McMInn and state champs (Alcoa) set the tone for the way the Chargers have set about preparing for the season. It was a great scrimmage for SP and Central. Very,very physical on both sides. I think the state ranking is partly due to how the Chargers have played against upper level programs.

My thoughts on the game with Meigs are these. High emotions on both sides. Chargers rolled up 600 yds in total offense last year. Meigs special team play kept the game close. Central is better on both sides of the ball than last year. The Tigers defense is not as good as last year. Central's defense-well bigger and faster than anything the Meigs offense has seen lately. No way Meigs can simulate that in practice. Jackson and Watson return to play. Add two All-State caliber players to this line-up will make it very tough on Meigs. Tigers got 8 that go both ways-Chargers got 1. ---------------------------CHARGERS 52 TIGERS 18

My thinking is that East Ridge and Notre Dame are hoping that Meigs players do some dumb things and get some players ejected. Meigs isn't going to win against Central, but they have a better shot at winning against Notre Dame or East Ridge IF all their players are playing. It'd be a shame to miss the opportunity to play against their old coach. And I have to think that Meig's depth can't stand to lose any players.

My thinking is that East Ridge and Notre Dame are hoping that Meigs players do some dumb things and get some players ejected. Meigs isn't going to win against Central, but they have a better shot at winning against Notre Dame or East Ridge IF all their players are playing. It'd be a shame to miss the opportunity to play against their old coach. And I have to think that Meig's depth can't stand to lose any players.

Well thought out Thug! Where you been anyway? Haven't heard from you in a while!

We've moved. Got LOTS of work to do at new place. We are now able to send our kids to Polk Co. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

See you tomorrow night.

HEY THUG ONE DON'T TAKE THUG 2 OR THUG 3 TO POLK THEY DONT ALLOW RIFF RAFF DOWN AT HOLY CROSS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

HEY THUG ONE DON'T TAKE THUG 2 OR THUG 3 TO POLK THEY DONT ALLOW RIFF RAFF DOWN AT HOLY CROSS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And that is entirely correct.

Coach Davis isn't directing another remake of "The Longest Yard" down here.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And that is entirely correct.

Coach Davis isn't directing another remake of "The Longest Yard" down here.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good one Yee Haw, suttle with just a hint of sarcasm! You are really trying to reform this year. Tell Cody good luck tonight!