TENNESSEE VIKINGS

THSVIKINGS11

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like somebody's little baby boy isn't getting the ball enough. I wish some of you would apply for the coaches jobs. I guarantee you aren't qualified to coach at one of the elementary schools Cap. You wonder why your son(not the current viking) feels like the world owes him something. Its you big boy. You've blown smoke up his butt all his life telling him how great he is and now when its nut crunching time he transfers from a winning program thinking he can play D1. Think about it for one minute. Have you ever gotten along with a coach here. Not Burns. Not Witcher. Not Stubbs. Not Pitts.(King College). When you can't get along with anybody its time to look in the mirror. We're just lucky that your current player is more down to earth than you are.

Get off of the coaches until you prove you can do better.

I could answer your post a couple different ways...and in this case I choose to take the high road because I think most if not all on here can see right through you "Mr. Dudley Do Right" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> smoke screen. There is also no need for me to defend my older son because his record speaks and will speak for itself...and you can take that to the bank with or without a Bailout agreement! So what I choose to do is save your post till next season (when he is eligible to suit up with the Buccaneers of ETSU); and serve it up to ya with a BIG side of CROW!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I will however let you know that in this house it is taught that "the world" doesn't owe nor will it give you anything. There will always be people such as yourself that will always try to talk you out of achieving your dreams and goals. My kids are taught that if you want something out of life (especially at their age) you have to take calculated chances, work hard, and GO GET IT!!! You may not get there but if you don't try...you will never know. At this time I'm sure you will be happy to know that he has been blessed with an obvious inside track and seems to be on his way...but anything can happen. If he has nothing else he has my undoubting support! Now if you need some knee pads to make your spot down in front of the coaches more comfortable, I'm sure they would have some good ones at Champs...and I'd say Walmart would have them also. You can get anything at Walmart! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Its just funny that people get on here and blame the coaches instead of the players. I would never call out these kids by name, but we have some serious weak points. Both outside backers have done a fine job, but neither of them were penciled in to be the starter. That distinction went to Tyler Greene(dislocated hip) and Carlos Howard(total knee). The guys we have tried at safety have given it their all, but that should be Matt Pendleton(broken arm). He would make a huge difference in our secondary.

On offense: The line has not played up to their potential yet. After Keenan we are down to a freshman at RB right now. I know X is there, but he has had fumble problems in the past. Everyone wants us to pass it. The spread offense is the sexy thing now, but smash mouth football is what THS is about. Corey is a great receiver, but after him we are inexperienced. Even though Wilson is a speed demon he didn't seem to know what to do with the ball when he got it this past Friday. Hopefully that will improve because if he could get some daylight nobody can catch him. Someone in an earlier post said that the coaches should teach him how to return. What makes you think they haven't tried. Do you honestly believe that on gameday Stubbs found Wilson and said "By the way you're returning kicks. Good Luck." I just get tired of being at the games and hearing the same loud mouths bad mouth the coaching staff. I know you paid your money, but you should support your team. We need to be united at the games.

Its just funny that people get on here and blame the coaches instead of the players. I would never call out these kids by name, but we have some serious weak points. Both outside backers have done a fine job, but neither of them were penciled in to be the starter. That distinction went to Tyler Greene(dislocated hip) and Carlos Howard(total knee). The guys we have tried at safety have given it their all, but that should be Matt Pendleton(broken arm). He would make a huge difference in our secondary.

On offense: The line has not played up to their potential yet. After Keenan we are down to a freshman at RB right now. I know X is there, but he has had fumble problems in the past. Everyone wants us to pass it. The spread offense is the sexy thing now, but smash mouth football is what THS is about. Corey is a great receiver, but after him we are inexperienced. Even though Wilson is a speed demon he didn't seem to know what to do with the ball when he got it this past Friday. Hopefully that will improve because if he could get some daylight nobody can catch him. Someone in an earlier post said that the coaches should teach him how to return. What makes you think they haven't tried. Do you honestly believe that on gameday Stubbs found Wilson and said "By the way you're returning kicks. Good Luck." I just get tired of being at the games and hearing the same loud mouths bad mouth the coaching staff. I know you paid your money, but you should support your team. We need to be united at the games.

We are getting thin on running backs but I thought #44 showed them what power running, gaining a few yards at a time can do. Great job by him. Vikings, keep working hard-you can do it!

Bearslayer, yea, the defense needs some athletes to be plugged into those positions that we lost from last year, a 2007 defense that I believe had at least 3 all conference players. And then this year we have the injuries to Green and Pendleton to start out the season, so there you have back ups to replace first time starters. Then you have to try to fill the holes that Dickerson, Coleman and Barrett leave from last year. So basically you have only 4 returning starters from last year on defense. A tall order even for the best of coaching staffs. And again we have the injuries to Howard, Simmons, Green, Pendleton. But honestly given the circumstances the defense has not done too awful bad. No doubt we are very suseptable to the pass and South will definitely exploit that. But here again, something your kinda sensitive about-coaching. If you have weaknesses on defense, just what exactly are the coaches doing to maybe help protect or at least cover up some of those weaknesses? We're very suspect in the d backfield, right? Well what kind of elaborate stunt and blitz packages have we put in to maybe put more pressure on opposing qb's to help out our db's? When's the last time you saw us "bring the house"? Whens the last time you saw a corner blitz? When's the last time you saw lb's jumping in and out of the inside gaps trying to create a little confusion for opposing o lines, whens the last time you saw a zone blitz. And then, ask yourself, can the offense maybe help the defense a little? When I say help the defense-I mean put points on the board. We have the ability to do that if we had an offensive philosphy. But that lesson is for another day. Go Vikes!

Bearslayer, yea, the defense needs some athletes to be plugged into those positions that we lost from last year, a 2007 defense that I believe had at least 3 all conference players. And then this year we have the injuries to Green and Pendleton to start out the season, so there you have back ups to replace first time starters. Then you have to try to fill the holes that Dickerson, Coleman and Barrett leave from last year. So basically you have only 4 returning starters from last year on defense. A tall order even for the best of coaching staffs. And again we have the injuries to Howard, Simmons, Green, Pendleton. But honestly given the circumstances the defense has not done too awful bad. No doubt we are very suseptable to the pass and South will definitely exploit that. But here again, something your kinda sensitive about-coaching. If you have weaknesses on defense, just what exactly are the coaches doing to maybe help protect or at least cover up some of those weaknesses? We're very suspect in the d backfield, right? Well what kind of elaborate stunt and blitz packages have we put in to maybe put more pressure on opposing qb's to help out our db's? When's the last time you saw us "bring the house"? Whens the last time you saw a corner blitz? When's the last time you saw lb's jumping in and out of the inside gaps trying to create a little confusion for opposing o lines, whens the last time you saw a zone blitz. And then, ask yourself, can the offense maybe help the defense a little? When I say help the defense-I mean put points on the board. We have the ability to do that if we had an offensive philosphy. But that lesson is for another day. Go Vikes!

In order to blitz you have to have corners that can cover man to man. We have one that can do that. You also need a safety that can help out over the top. Between Tallman and Arnold we can pressure the QB. I agree that a blitz might be good from time to time, but we don't have the personnel to do it much. Davis and Snyder are working hard and will both hit hard, but they have a hard time covering a taller receiver since they are both about 5'8". You can only do so much with what you are given.

Bearslayer, your response to the suggestion that maybe we blitz more and better to help out our inexperienced d backs is true, but that is exactly why we should be doing it rather than not doing it. You're saying if I understand you that we shouldn't blitz more because we dont have the personnel to do it. What am I missing? I'm saying lets blitz more because we are vulnerable to the pass in the d backfield, what have we got to lose? As far as we don't need to be doing it much, why not try, we've never done it much that I remember, let's see what happens. Look, I know that if you try to live by the blitz, you're very likely to die by the blitz. But if we have a choice of playing straight up and qb's are able to look downfield and make throws vrs sending some more guys through some gaps and maybe putting some more pressure and maybe make some hits on the opposing qb, it might lead to some sacks and bad throws.

Bearslayer, your response to the suggestion that maybe we blitz more and better to help out our inexperienced d backs is true, but that is exactly why we should be doing it rather than not doing it. You're saying if I understand you that we shouldn't blitz more because we dont have the personnel to do it. What am I missing? I'm saying lets blitz more because we are vulnerable to the pass in the d backfield, what have we got to lose? As far as we don't need to be doing it much, why not try, we've never done it much that I remember, let's see what happens. Look, I know that if you try to live by the blitz, you're very likely to die by the blitz. But if we have a choice of playing straight up and qb's are able to look downfield and make throws vrs sending some more guys through some gaps and maybe putting some more pressure and maybe make some hits on the opposing qb, it might lead to some sacks and bad throws.

Just a few suggestions for negative posters:

1. If you want to be a coach, .... do it. Go to school get certified, get hired somewhere and THEN make the hard coaching decisions. It is very easy to make "armchair" decisions when there are no repercussion. Try being on the sidelines and making that call with all eyes on you. Maybe a little harder to do. And you can argue all you want about having nerve and "growing a set"... it's just not the same as actually making decisions during a game.

2. If you are a coach... have a little more respect for others in your profession.

3. If you are not a coach... how about supplying your name and place of employment so maybe these coaches can come and critique your performance at your place of employment.

4. If you are a parent... support your coaching staff. SUPPORT your coaching staff. If you fill your son's heads with garbage about how this coach is stupid and that coach is wrong.... well, your son is going to beleive you and not buy into what the team is trying to do.

As long as your coaches are doing their best and not harming your children, count yourself lucky.

Next time you start to bash a coach... just think about it first. Is this in the best interest of the team.

In order to blitz you have to have corners that can cover man to man. We have one that can do that. You also need a safety that can help out over the top. Between Tallman and Arnold we can pressure the QB. I agree that a blitz might be good from time to time, but we don't have the personnel to do it much. Davis and Snyder are working hard and will both hit hard, but they have a hard time covering a taller receiver since they are both about 5'8". You can only do so much with what you are given.

How funny, Dudley Do Right is doing some coaching, imagine that!!!!! I aperciate the fact that you recognized the fans pay their money and spend money while at the game thus putting money back into the program. Be that as it may, we all are at the game for entertainment. It is our choice to entertain and or be entertained in the fashion to which we chose. You did make a couple of statements that lets me know you have at least, at some point in time, learned a little bit about the game. As I said before, the secondary is horrible. I see no evidence that it will get any better any time soon with the personnel at hand. Remember, I stated that the present personnel is playing their heart out but with no positive results. I can see Pendelton being an asset upon his return...but I thought he played strong safety last year? I don't remember Greene from last year so I am going to write this scenerio up as speculation at present time. In the secondary, I think we need to shake the bushes a litter harder an find these guys some help. I would almost guarantee they are there if you have enough confidence to explore. I mean, it can only get better or remain status quo. If, in fact, the Wilson kid is as fast as you guys proclaim, why is he not on the field constantly. I say this to say....A speedster on the field at all times can change the thoughts of an offensive coordinator if used properly. If you go over the top to him enough, the secondary has to honor the threat...pass or run. This means weaker corner support and perhaps the disengagement of linebackers if some playaction is used. I think Shepard would like this. Just so I do not hurt any feelings, I am not questioning Wilson's speed. His speed was obvious when he returned the ball and switched directions. Actually, that was probably the most exciting play for me all night. I just loved the fact that there is someboby out there that can break it big at any time against any body. I would like to see him get the ball 10 - 15 times just to see what he can do. Again, I bet Shepard would like this. Basically, if he is that fast..."just give him the

d_ _ _ ball". Another response to your post...have you ever heard of zone blitz or man free. You don't have to be in M/M to blitz. However, I am glade to see you were not bear hunting for humans in this post. Boys just want to have fun!!!!!

Just a few suggestions for negative posters:

1. If you want to be a coach, .... do it. Go to school get certified, get hired somewhere and THEN make the hard coaching decisions. It is very easy to make "armchair" decisions when there are no repercussion. Try being on the sidelines and making that call with all eyes on you. Maybe a little harder to do. And you can argue all you want about having nerve and "growing a set"... it's just not the same as actually making decisions during a game.

2. If you are a coach... have a little more respect for others in your profession.

3. If you are not a coach... how about supplying your name and place of employment so maybe these coaches can come and critique your performance at your place of employment.

4. If you are a parent... support your coaching staff. SUPPORT your coaching staff. If you fill your son's heads with garbage about how this coach is stupid and that coach is wrong.... well, your son is going to beleive you and not buy into what the team is trying to do.

As long as your coaches are doing their best and not harming your children, count yourself lucky.

Next time you start to bash a coach... just think about it first. Is this in the best interest of the team.

Look??¦these guys choose to be coaches so if they (or you) can??™t handle the pressure of coaching a football team (which means everybody is not going to agree with what or how you do things) then maybe they (or you) should try working with the cheerleaders. If you haven??™t figured it out??¦this is a job and just like in your job if you aren??™t living up to expectations of what your employer feels you should be doing you will be excused and replaced with someone more suited (in the employers eyes) for the position??¦right or wrong. You can make excuses all you want but the fact is that you don??™t have to be a coach or an expert analyzer off of ESPN to see the problems that this team is dealing with. And when it is the many not the few that see the same problems then it needs to become a topic of discussion??¦to start off with. You Clowns (you and BS) keep bringing up the fact that none of the posters on here are actual coaches, and you ask could I/ we do better. To be honest with you I??™m not so sure I couldn??™t??¦if that??™s what I chose to do in life??¦and you don??™t either so give that one a break.

One note just to further prove my point. BS stated that ???Davis and Snyder are working hard and will both hit hard, but they have a hard time covering a taller receiver since they are both about 5'8". You can only do so much with what you are given???. Whose decision do you think it was to put them back there Einstein /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> !!! Surely the BS(er) isn??™t question the call or decision of the ALL MIGHTY COACH STUBBS that can do no wrong. I thought you were the epitome of SUPPORT??!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />. And don??™t say they are the only options because of ???injury??? because Mason Canty 6??™2??? 215 lb is drooling at the mouth to take that spot??¦and I for one can??™t see a logical reason why he shouldn??™t have it!!! That is if you are putting TEAM first. We as American citizens ???support??? or government day in and day out, and we don??™t dare say a word even if we know in our heart that they are going down the wrong road because we blindly trust them. YOU SEE WHERE THAT HAS GOTTEN US!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody??¦even coaches need accountability. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />