ALCOA v. Open date

Has Alcoa attempted to contact schools from Knox County to play? I believe they played Fulton recently didn't they? Why not try to schedule Bearden, or Knox Central, or Halls, or Farragut, or for an easy win like Heritage would be, you could get Karns, or carter, or South Doyle.

That would be nice...I hear Fulton is huge and Farragut has a great team. Those would be some great games in my opinion

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, Alcoa might be best team in state last 4-5 years, maybe nation, some one as bad as DB couldn't have beat Alcoa. I really can't see how Maryville gets so lucky.

I can't believe that you took the time out of your Saturday night to post something as crazy as this. There is so much I would like to say about it, but you would graduate from High School before I got it all posted.

Ask your head coach, he says it is the 2a v 4a excuse but who knows.

In LUCK we trust!!!!!

Rebel9

If WB and Heritage will play Alcoa in all other sports, but NOT football what other reason, other than being worried about getting beat by a 2A school in football is there????

Both Alcoa and WB have different coaches, so that can not be the reason anymore?

Simply NOT buying the "Some of the blame for WB vs AHS not renewing their rivalry lies squarely at the feet of some Alcoa coaches / supporters." With the current Alcoa coaches, and talking purely on recent decisions preventing these team from renewing the series for `2009, that simple is not true.

No, "shots fired" at WB (the team), but many rounds at the administration that continues to prevent local teams from playing when travel cost continue to rise.

Buy it or not ... it's the truth. And btw, I'd be glad to put my "county school educated" daughter's ACT and SAT scores up against any graduates of either Alcoa or Maryville.

Buy it or not ... it's the truth. And btw, I'd be glad to put my "county school educated" daughter's ACT and SAT scores up against any graduates of either Alcoa or Maryville.

Let's put my Friendsville/WB educated ACT up against your Friendsville/WB educated ACT (Sorry about that one "G", I'm just kidding. I don't even know who would prevail, I just couldn't resist a funny line.) You are right, there are smart talented kids in all three systems.

Now let's stay on topic. FOOTBALL and the scheduling of Alcoa and the two Blount County High Schools. Discuss. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Huh? Yea, yea, and your moma and beat my mama...............................

Good for you and the hard work of your daughter's. But fact's are fact's and William Blount and Heritage has CURRENT academic issues with the State of TN. (ref: The Daily Times,Publish Date: August 15, 2008, Blount County officials get sobering school report, Author: Matthew Stewart)

Second fact Grading the school as a whole, both Alcoa and Maryville well out preform the County schools based on standardized test, such as the TCAP, ACT & SAT's. (ref: http://tennessee.gov/education/)

The current AD, Coaches, & Supporters of Alcoa High School would love to have the County schools back on the schedule............now that's truth! No way will I ever believe, as you stated: "not renewing their rivalry lies squarely at the feet of some Alcoa coaches / supporters." Got factual proof? If not, then you are stating things that are far from the truth.

Huh? Yea, yea, and your moma and beat my mama...............................

Good for you and the hard work of your daughter's. But fact's are fact's and William Blount and Heritage has CURRENT academic issues with the State of TN. (ref: The Daily Times,Publish Date: August 15, 2008, Blount County officials get sobering school report, Author: Matthew Stewart)

Second fact Grading the school as a whole, both Alcoa and Maryville well out preform the County schools based on standardized test, such as the TCAP, ACT & SAT's. (ref: http://tennessee.gov/education/)

The current AD, Coaches, & Supporters of Alcoa High School would love to have the County schools back on the schedule............now that's truth! No way will I ever believe, as you stated: "not renewing their rivalry lies squarely at the feet of some Alcoa coaches / supporters." Got factual proof? If not, then you are stating things that are far from the truth.

If you wish to debate me, quote me correctly and in context. I said " 'some of the blame' lies squarely ate the feet of some Alcoa coaches / supporters." I DO NOT "state things that are far from the truth". If your best effort at discussing an issue is to simply try to discredit me and insinuate that I'm not telling the truth I would prefer not to continue. I'm more accustomed to debating with folks on here who respect one another and who don't quote me incorrectly to try to embellish their point.