Most disapointing lose ever!

bipbopzot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee to South Carolina, I think it was 2005. It was the only TN game I have been to that they lost. We spent the night in Knoxville and there was alot a South Carolina fan in our motel. You would have thought they had won the National Championship. Still makes me sick to think about it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Michigan's loss to Appalachian State is the biggest of all!! There were videos on youtube of Ohio St. fans and Penn State fans watching that game and cheering.

I was in one of those youtube videos shot inside Ohio Stadium. Ohio State's game against Youngstown State was a snoozer, but the announcer kept giving everyone updates on the Michigan-Appalachian State game. By the middle of the 4th quarter, half of the stadium had retired to the concourse to watch the Michigan-ASU game on the overhead TVs. Fans were going ballistic when ASU kicked the go-ahead field goal, and when they blocked Michigan's potential game-winner. That was one of the most euphoric moments I think I've ever been apart of at Ohio Stadium, even more than the 2002 Ohio State-Michigan game (which was louder than any Tennessee-Florida game I've ever been to).

I have a few.

2006 loss to Ravenwood in the first round of the playoffs. Gallatin was loaded that year...well it makes me want to just puke thinking about it.

2003 losing all those games to forfeit after Gallatin had blown them out on the field because of a backup reciever. Then having Hunters Lane come to our place that week and them playing the game of their careers(didn't win a game after that) was like pouring salt in an open wound.

1991 state championship game against Oak Ridge. We knew that we didn't have the talent of Oak Ridge but nobody thought that a Calvin Short coached team would get blown out 30-0. Shawn Summers ran like a wild man that game and most of his yardage coming on 3rd and longs.

1982 state championship game against Lincoln County. Gallatin killed them in the stats but just could not get the ball in the endzone. Carl "GOO BABY" Woods deserved a ring.

I was at that 82 state championship game i lived in Gallatin from 80-84 my dad ran the hardees that used to be by TG&Y and he would take us to all the games and then after a home game he would work for an hour or 2 and help with the rush after a game...One of my proudest moments football wise came from coach short...i had gone over there in spring practice (moved to Riverdale the summer before 9th grade)and we were doing drills and coach short made a comment to everyone that i looked like a football player MAN I WAS ON CLOUD 9 lol

As far as the thread goes disappointing loss would be probably the smyrna loss..we beat them 49-0 in regular season and lose 9-7 in playoffs smyrna had 1 big play offensively then they go on to win state the loss to WC was disappointing as well but the smyrna loss was more so do to the fact my father in law(assistant principal for 39 years)had a lot of fun with that state championship to put another long story in here and make it short instead of being on of the last ones to open gifts at christmas I WAS FIRST GRRRRRR lol

UT Football. The 1996 loss to Memphis is the worst loss ever.

Atlanta Braves. Choking away the World Series against the hated Yankees in 1996.

Maryville Rebel Football. The whole 1990 season was terrible. But! Losing to William Blount 31-0 at home was the worst loss ever. Maryville was 0-3 against the County Schools that year.

Maryville Rebel Basketball. Losing to Greeneville in the Substate game in 2003. That denied the whole state of getting to see Lee Humphrey play in the State Tourney.

UT Basketball. Losing 101-40 to Kentucky in the SEC Tourney in 1993.

NBA. When I was a kid I rooted for the 76ers because I liked DR.J. Choking the Eastern Division Championship in 1981 after blowing a 3-1 lead was very dissapointing.

NFL. Watching the Titans lose in the 2001 playoffs vs Baltimore was dissapointing. Even though Baltimore won the Super Bowl the Titans was still the better team. In that playoff game the Titans had triple the yards and twice as many 1st downs. That pass that bounced off of Eddie Georges shoulder pads and into the arms of Ray Lewis turned that game into the Ravens favor.

Tennessee to South Carolina, I think it was 2005. It was the only TN game I have been to that they lost. We spent the night in Knoxville and there was alot a South Carolina fan in our motel. You would have thought they had won the National Championship. Still makes me sick to think about it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I was at that game too. It was so cold that my friend and I left at the beginning of the 4th quarter. We were ahead and playing so well, I thought there was no way we could lose. By the time I got back to my dorm and turned on the news I realized we'd lost. IMO there is nothing more depressing than losing to Steve Spurrier /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Tennessee vs. Alabama two years ago when Foster forgot that the ball has to go with you into the endzone. Devestating 6-3 loss

Actually, it wasn't Arian Foster who fumbled going into the end zone late in the 4th quarter. It was the fullback, Cory Anderson, who caught a swing pass and was hit by an Alabama safety (Roman Harper I think) just before getting to the endzone. The defender made an excellent hit, putting his hat right on the ball, and it squirted through the endzone for a touchback.

Player...Junior year in the Class M (Medium size) Football State title game in December of 1986. Stratford HS (my team) gave up only 4 touchdowns all year. We got beat 12-6 against Ledyard HS on a 1/2 back pass for a TD & a blocked punt return for 6.

Coaching...Tullahoma blocked a field goal right before halftime & returned it for 6 in the Coffee Pot game against Coffee County in the Fall of 1997. That was pretty much the margin of victory (25-17) for the Cats.

UCONN losing in the NCAA Basketball regionals vs. Mississippi State in Rupp Arena in 1995. I was there in all of my UCONN gear stuck behind Miss. State fans. Their loss to Florida in '94 & to George Mason a few years back in the Elite 8's both were tough to take as well.

Player...Junior year in the Class M (Medium size) Football State title game in December of 1986. Stratford HS (my team) gave up only 4 touchdowns all year. We got beat 12-6 against Ledyard HS on a 1/2 back pass for a TD & a blocked punt return for 6.

Coaching...Tullahoma blocked a field goal right before halftime & returned it for 6 in the Coffee Pot game against Coffee County in the Fall of 1997. That was pretty much the margin of victory (25-17) for the Cats.

UCONN losing in the NCAA Basketball regionals vs. Mississippi State in Rupp Arena in 1995. I was there in all of my UCONN gear stuck behind Miss. State fans. Their loss to Florida in '94 & to George Mason a few years back in the Elite 8's both were tough to take as well.

Fuzby.. that Coffee Pot was a tough loss but not as bad as the 2004 coffee pot. I have my own game from that 1997 season however. Coffee County made it to the playoffs for the first time is school history after finishing second behind Riverdale and Hosted McMinn County, Chris Elam had like 400 yards and five touchdowns and Coffee County still lost. My favorite Coffee County win came in 1997 also... when we beat Lincoln County... the falcons were so cocky going into that game and everyone thought they were going to kill us... well Elam had over 300 yards and the raiders won 30 something to 14.

As a UT fan the most disappointing loss was to Cal last year.