Gallatin (4-0) @ Smyrna (2-3)

Gtowner

I have no dog in this hunt, here are a couple of stats to chew on. Smyrna's opponents are 13-6 Gallatin's are 4-12. With one common opponent Lebanon, Gallatin wins by 3, Smyrna wins by 1. What makes this game so hard to figure out is the scores were 33-30 and 7-6.

Im sorry, did I miss something? Does Smyrna have a D1 kicker/punter? Ah i didn't think so. Now, I'm not trying to put down the Smyrna special teams or their fans on here, but Gallatin has a great special teams coach and the entire staff is involved in special teams units. To say Gallatin will have no return yards and fair catch every ball is ludicrous. Smyrna has a good kicker, but come on, let's not give him that much credit. (Unless his name is Wilhoit /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />)

Sorry 'my2cents', I mean't to reply to 'shsfever' comment.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw some of Gallatin's rushing stats, no doubt impressive to say the least. They have 2 guys well on their way to rushing for 1,000 yards this year, thats almost unheard of these days, going to be a tough go of it tonight for the bulldogs.

WISH GALLATIN HAD OAKLANDS DEFENSE WE MIGHT JUST BE ABLE TO PLAY A GAME IN THE BORO THIS YEAR...BE NICE FOR A OAKLAND VS GALLATIN MATCH UP IN THE BLUE CROSS BOWL.THAT SURE WOULD BRING BACK SOME MEMORIES FROM THE PAST..NICE TO SEE BOTH TEAMS UNDEFEATED AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON ( 2 GREAT SCHOOLS WITH RICH TRADITION ) AND GOOD LUCK PATS HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE SEASON....GO 13-0 AND IN THE BLUE CROSS BOWL

WISH GALLATIN HAD OAKLANDS DEFENSE WE MIGHT JUST BE ABLE TO PLAY A GAME IN THE BORO THIS YEAR...BE NICE FOR A OAKLAND VS GALLATIN MATCH UP IN THE BLUE CROSS BOWL.THAT SURE WOULD BRING BACK SOME MEMORIES FROM THE PAST..NICE TO SEE BOTH TEAMS UNDEFEATED AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON ( 2 GREAT SCHOOLS WITH RICH TRADITION ) AND GOOD LUCK PATS HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE SEASON....GO 13-0 AND IN THE BLUE CROSS BOWL

Maybe Coach Mac will give you guys a call after this season is over and we can sort something out. I would certainly love another chance to see an OHS-GHS throwdown.

Maybe Coach Mac will give you guys a call after this season is over and we can sort something out. I would certainly love another chance to see an OHS-GHS throwdown.

WE HAD SOME GREAT ONES IN THE PAST....NEVER FORGET THE ICE BOWL ( CLINIC BOWL ) IN 1989...GREAT GAME ...OAKLAND HAD A GREAT PLACE KICKER...NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE ON SIDE KICKS EVERY TIME..THAT KID HAD A LEG...THINK THE SCORE WAS 19-9 ???? I KNOW FOR SURE IT WAS COLD AND HAD TO SIT ON ICE AT VANDERBUILT STADUIM...FIELD WAS FROZE TOO ...BELIEVE IT WAS BETWEEN 18 TO 24 DEGREES...BRRRRRRRRRR

WE HAD SOME GREAT ONES IN THE PAST....NEVER FORGET THE ICE BOWL ( CLINIC BOWL ) IN 1989...GREAT GAME ...OAKLAND HAD A GREAT PLACE KICKER...NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE ON SIDE KICKS EVERY TIME..THAT KID HAD A LEG...THINK THE SCORE WAS 19-9 ???? I KNOW FOR SURE IT WAS COLD AND HAD TO SIT ON ICE AT VANDERBUILT STADUIM...FIELD WAS FROZE TOO ...BELIEVE IT WAS BETWEEN 18 TO 24 DEGREES...BRRRRRRRRRR

I believe his name is Garth Petralli, and yes, he had a big leg, probably the best Oakland has ever had. Went on to play at MTSU I believe.

Well I am back from "tooting" my tuba at the game. Gallatin just came up 26 points or so from everyone on heres prediction of them hanging 30+ on smyrna. The game worked itself out just like I described in my earlier post on here, but I am just a "band geek" apparently based on my screen name. Too bad I know absolutely nothing about football. Next time you people try to judge somebody from a screen name instead of knowing what they know I hope it comes back to bite you just like this.

Smyrna had a great game plan, short passes and a good hard nosed ground game. I bet the longest gain was about 12 or 15 yards all night. The Bulldogs kept ball control and Gallatin just couldn't get anything going consistantly. I think the announcer said 12 first downs to 3 firsts for Gallatin at the half. Smyrna's defense was very fast as billed and Jeremiah Bryson and Hicks both ran hard between the tackles. Gallatin could never completely stop them. When we bottled up the middle they would pop it to the outside for 6 or 7 yards. We never got pressure on the Qb and he had time to complete those short passes. (I think they threw deep one time). The Green Wave never could get a break shooting themselves in the foot several times. The penalty jumping offsides when we had them in punt formation was big in the first half as was the muffed punt. Just can't have those when the defense is having such a hard time. But we played hard and never quit and hopefully this will keep some peoples heads out of the clouds. Let me just add that Woods touchdown catch and run was beautiful. He also made an amazing catch that did not count(penalty) with one hand. Lets get ready for Antioch that game is more important to where we want to be.

Only consolation and that is very little, shsfever has to eat his words as Yoder never sniiffed the endzone on his kicks. I think Satterfield won the special teams battle with and against the wind. Like I said very little consolation.