Maryville vs Who ever they play next week.......

MLREB

But yesi apologize if i had offeneded you somehow.

You did not offend me at all. No post from an Alcoa fan or related to Alcoa offends me on this thread.

I just find it hard to swallow the post that lilrebs made. It's fine to defend one's schedule to one's detractors, but don't go pontificating about how you'll do in a mythical matchup that would boost your schedule if it were actually played. Victories on paper are easy to claim; doing it on the field is another matter. And until such a game is scheduled, don't talk about it. MBA has its hands full with arguably the toughest schedule in the state in the toughest classification in the state; its fans are generally too busy concerned about its actual toughies to chirp about mythical matchups with Maryville or anyone else. I would like to think that any Maryville fan would be comfortable enough (and most are) in its own accomplishments with the winning/title streak not to show signs of an identity crisis like lilrebs exhibited.

(This is not directed at you R2010; I'm just speaking in general terms.)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did not offend me at all. No post from an Alcoa fan or related to Alcoa offends me on this thread.

I just find it hard to swallow the post that lilrebs made. It's fine to defend one's schedule to one's detractors, but don't go pontificating about how you'll do in a mythical matchup that would boost your schedule if it were actually played. Victories on paper are easy to claim; doing it on the field is another matter. And until such a game is scheduled, don't talk about it. MBA has its hands full with arguably the toughest schedule in the state in the toughest classification in the state; its fans are generally too busy concerned about its actual toughies to chirp about mythical matchups with Maryville or anyone else. I would like to think that any Maryville fan would be comfortable enough (and most are) in its own accomplishments with the winning/title streak to show signs of an identity crisis like lilrebs exhibited.

(This is not directed at you R2010; I'm just speaking in general terms.)

I agree with you 100%.MBA's schedule is ridiculous( As of now , their past and future opponents records sit at a combined 34-31, a winning record) and they deserve the utmost respect, as do Alcoa , marville, etc..Nonone on here should stoop so low as to have to diminish one others team or their accomplishments. I just wasnt sure who you were directing your post at, therefore was the basis for my apology.

I wander how come when the oak ridge vs Clinton post was a week and a half old, Coacht closed it, and this one has been around almost 3 weeks and it isnt closed yet? guess that is just some of the power Maryville has!

well lets remember the clinton o.r one got pretty nasty towards the end so it was probably a good idea to close it also this is a continuos feed thats supposed to ask if maryville is going to get beat every week. but the answer is usually a unanimous no so it gets to other topics, this feed wont really be nessecary until they reach about the third round of the playoffs cause until then we all know their not going to lose.

I wander how come when the oak ridge vs Clinton post was a week and a half old, Coacht closed it, and this one has been around almost 3 weeks and it isnt closed yet? guess that is just some of the power Maryville has!

Go ahead and "wander", just don't get lost. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Farragut will end it next year in the newly formed district 4 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yea, we heard it all before.

It will end one day for sure, but if you never had it, you would not know what it was like to have. That would go for Alcoa and Farragut.

Farragut has never won a SC and my money says they won't this year or next either.

Yea, we heard it all before.

It will end one day for sure, but if you never had it, you would not know what it was like to have. That would go for Alcoa and Farragut.

Farragut has never won a SC and my money says they won't this year or next either.

I have seen both teams play and I believe Farragut has a good chance of winning a State Championship as does Maryville. I would hang on to my money.