big 9 basketball

unc1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! Did I see that score of Volunteer and Greeneville? Way to go Falcons!!!! You guys surprised the IMAC and represented the Big Nine well. This year has been a year of inconsistent play, battles, and players missing games (Trent 4 games bromen thumb, Pearcy out 2 months, and Parker playing through stitches). Maybe this will spring em' up to start a string of good play. The District Tourney should be a great one this year. Will the final four (DB, TN High, Science Hill, and Central or East) be in the final four this year? Or will one of the lower seed teams upset one of the Big Dogs and show they can play with them? I am guessing there will be ONE upset this year!!! Who? Don't know yet but my bet is there will be one. God Bless..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

WOW!!! Did I see that score of Volunteer and Greeneville? Way to go Falcons!!!! You guys surprised the IMAC and represented the Big Nine well. This year has been a year of inconsistent play, battles, and players missing games (Trent 4 games bromen thumb, Pearcy out 2 months, and Parker playing through stitches). Maybe this will spring em' up to start a string of good play. The District Tourney should be a great one this year. Will the final four (DB, TN High, Science Hill, and Central or East) be in the final four this year? Or will one of the lower seed teams upset one of the Big Dogs and show they can play with them? I am guessing there will be ONE upset this year!!! Who? Don't know yet but my bet is there will be one. God Bless..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

The showdown once again is Science Hill -Dobyns Bennett just like most years. Both are capable and maybe even probable to meet in 3 more tilts culminating in the Region finals. Tenn Hi has cemented the 3rd spot as usual, but will face a capable opponent come district tourney,either South,Boone,or Central. The interesting games in conference remaining other than the obvious SH-DB would be Central Vs. Boone. A 5 seed for any of these 3 teams would be huge for a chance to play East and win their way into Region play where upsets look very possible this year,(Vounteer over Greeneville.) Central can lock down the 5 but must win out vs. Boone and Volunteer if South manages to beat Crockett on the road. A Cougar loss and A Rebel win would give South the tie breaker due to sweeping Central this year. Boone could move up but faces a huge challenge by having to beat Central and DB to do so. DB and SH have state tourney aspirations for sure but for the others getting to Region play and even winning a game there is a big goal. Good luck to all! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You are 100% correct. You cannot coach the same players for TSSAA and AAU. But!!!!! I have not coached AAU in four years. The only person from Volunteer I have ever coached was Chucky Lindholm as a freshman. It was the year before I started coaching for Volunteer. I was a member of the Coaching staff, but due to other obligations, I have stepped aside for this season. Any other questions you would like to know? Boxers or Briefs? Black or White socks? Stocking cap or panty-hose? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If you want to give up that information about what undergarmets you wear...that is up to you. I just was asking if you worked for the school system. It has been a few years ago, but when I watched Volunteer play it looked like they had just about a bigger number of coaches sitting on the bench or around the bench than players. Just an observation. I went to Volunteer and wish and hope for the best for them! Did you go to Volunteer? It also seems like everybody in here picks on you. I will be glad to help you out and defend Vol. from the stuck up people from up the road.

Did you go to Volunteer? It also seems like everybody in here picks on you. I will be glad to help you out and defend Vol. from the stuck up people from up the road.

No.... I graduated from DB in 1987, playing under VanHuss for four long, gruesome years (LOL). I went to King College before suffering a rotator cuff tear and ended my college ball as a freshman. I roomed with Whittemore while there and we became friends. Then I happened to coach Chucky Lindholm and never knew until then that he coached at Volunteer. GOD Bless......look out for that STG later tonight..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

easttnboy, you just placed a value judgement on everyone that frequents these boards who are not Volunteer supporters, as we all are from 'up the road' in some capacity. I honestly take no offense to it, because, though I am from the dreaded city, I am most definatley not stuck up. Stokomo graduated from Dobyns Bennett in the '80's, playing under the guidance of the great Buck Van Huss. That said, he is also from 'up the road'. Does that change your opinion of him? Suffice it to say, some will share your opinion and some will not, I advice that you not perform character assasination and back yourself into defense mode when it comes to Volunteer, your alma mater. Keep an open mind, though we from 'up the road' are far from perfect, those from your block aren't infallible either. Now, to take a message from Stokomo...thank God for the game and he will bless us with the opportunity to learn from it.

Tuesday Night is the Big 9 Confernce all in 1. If Science Hill can hold court, they will be the #1 Seed in the District and the will play Dobyns-Bennett in the District Finals in Kingsport. If Dobyns-Bennett pulls of the road win, then we will have a draw for the #1 Seed for the District Tournament and then DB and Science Hill will play @ the Buck Van Huss Dome for the District Title. That is a slam dunk. Tennessee High should be the #3 seed out of District 1 AAA and they will finish that way. Any one of a few, Sullivan East, Sullivan Central or Daniel Boone could upset each other and get that final seed #4. All of those teams from District 1 AAA could beat any team they face from District 2 AAA, but the pecking order is set and Dobyns-Bennett will host Scinece Hill in the Region Finals, IMO.

DB was totally out played the last meeting with Science Hill. With the excepetion of the first 4 min. of the game (DB dominated) the Hill Toppers ran up and down the court and the Tribe had no inspiration at all and let the lead build and build until it was humiliating. Then, CMO got through to his players and DB played their game about mid-way thru the 3rd period on. The Toppers almost blew an unbelievable lead, but they did hit a Free Throw just in the nick of time to win by 2. Good win for Science Hill, but DB must have out scored the Hill by 25 points in the final 12 min. and that is what CMO is coaching on right now. Win or loose, both the Toppers and the Indians are the class of Upper East Tennessee, but this is for Pride.

DB is going to win this game and the Indians will win this game in the paint, with Defense and with (finally) the healthy play of Justin Sylvester.

Roll Tribe Roll

It's time for the STG report as seen through the eyes of STOKOMO..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

This year has finally separated the pretenders from the contenders and now we have the original Three Musketeers (Science Hill, DB, & TN High) that have been in the forefront all year long, standing out once again. With the MoWest Trojans, not the twelve pack, and Rebels taking aim at each other tonight, it will be up to the Rebels to flex their muscles to show the league that they belong in the Big Nine Country after the shocking upset of Volunteer over IMAC rival Greeneville. Moving along, the Vikings have some nervous tension heading into Tuesday night??™s game with the ???Bad Boys??? of this year's conference (Crockett). The Vikes just want to get through this game with everyone still healthy and legally ready for the District Tourney. CAP1 was over-heard tellng his son to "take it on the chin like a man tonight!!!" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Another bench brawl and it will affect the Districts, so coaches are telling their players to be on their best behavior or face TSSAA detention!!!! One of the deadest teams of late might be hitting their stride in the nick-of-time. The Falcons, who just stunned the Green-Devils on Saturday, could use that game as motivation and try to upset East, playing for the number four seed. Coach Whittemore has been listening to self-help tapes sent by CAP1 to improve his image and stop those ???Private Eyes??? (Hall & Oates) from posting bad messages on coacht. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Tonight will be homecoming for the Falcons and they will introduce the Homecoming Queen, sponsored by John Deere, at halftime. The first 150 fans will receive a complimentary tractor ???Hot Wheels??? memorabilia. The myth of Daniel Boone killing a Bear has been changed to a Cougar. At least that??™s what they hope for in tonight??™s contest that has been names the Battle of Blue Licks. The Central Cougars hope for a win and a loss by East to regain the fourth seed. Tony Vaughn was last seen slipping Charlie McConnell a "twenty-twen-twen" to have Bart ref the Falcons/Patriots game while Big Ron will ref the Boone/Cougars game. This will be Boone??™s Homecoming game and will have their Queen of the Night crowned by the local leader of the ???Quaker Community.??? The Trailblazers will be giving away fifty Daniel Boone half Dollars. The Daniel Boone half dollar was a U.S. commemorative coin issued from 1934 to 1938 in honor of the bicentennial of Boone's birth. The final game on the card for Tuesday Night is a DOOZY!!!!! No other way to put it folks. The Hilltoppers host the Indians with the conference championship on the line. Since the 01-02 season, the Tribe hold an 11 to 8 winning margin against the Toppers. The Indians are my favorite to bring home the Championship as their players are once again healthy, but the Hilltoppers may have something to say about that. The Toppers??™ coach has methodically put together a dangerous team that has played off the charts as of late. CMO is still scratching his head as Freedom Hall suddenly became unavailable. It has been heard that Obama himself will be attending the game and handing out stimulus packets, with Bill Meade helping, to the first 1000 fans. **** THIS JUST IN!!!!!! **** Charlie McConnell has just given information that he will come out of retirement to ref the Topper/Indian game!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Anyway??¦..These teams are in place to decide our Big Nine Champion. As the drama unfolds, I will deliver a fishing report for teams leaving us during the first round of the District. For some fans it??™s time to getcha popcorn ready!!! For others, it??™s time to get their tackles ready? Stay tuned??¦..and GOD Bless!!!!!!

It's time for the STG report as seen through the eyes of STOKOMO..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

This year has finally separated the pretenders from the contenders and now we have the original Three Musketeers (Science Hill, DB, & TN High) that have been in the forefront all year long, standing out once again. With the MoWest Trojans, not the twelve pack, and Rebels taking aim at each other tonight, it will be up to the Rebels to flex their muscles to show the league that they belong in the Big Nine Country after the shocking upset of Volunteer over IMAC rival Greeneville. Moving along, the Vikings have some nervous tension heading into Tuesday night??™s game with the ???Bad Boys??? of this year's conference (Crockett). The Vikes just want to get through this game with everyone still healthy and legally ready for the District Tourney. CAP1 was over-heard tellng his son to "take it on the chin like a man tonight!!!" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Another bench brawl and it will affect the Districts, so coaches are telling their players to be on their best behavior or face TSSAA detention!!!! One of the deadest teams of late might be hitting their stride in the nick-of-time. The Falcons, who just stunned the Green-Devils on Saturday, could use that game as motivation and try to upset East, playing for the number four seed. Coach Whittemore has been listening to self-help tapes sent by CAP1 to improve his image and stop those ???Private Eyes??? (Hall & Oates) from posting bad messages on coacht. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Tonight will be homecoming for the Falcons and they will introduce the Homecoming Queen, sponsored by John Deere, at halftime. The first 150 fans will receive a complimentary tractor ???Hot Wheels??? memorabilia. The myth of Daniel Boone killing a Bear has been changed to a Cougar. At least that??™s what they hope for in tonight??™s contest that has been names the Battle of Blue Licks. The Central Cougars hope for a win and a loss by East to regain the fourth seed. Tony Vaughn was last seen slipping Charlie McConnell a "twenty-twen-twen" to have Bart ref the Falcons/Patriots game while Big Ron will ref the Boone/Cougars game. This will be Boone??™s Homecoming game and will have their Queen of the Night crowned by the local leader of the ???Quaker Community.??? The Trailblazers will be giving away fifty Daniel Boone half Dollars. The Daniel Boone half dollar was a U.S. commemorative coin issued from 1934 to 1938 in honor of the bicentennial of Boone's birth. The final game on the card for Tuesday Night is a DOOZY!!!!! No other way to put it folks. The Hilltoppers host the Indians with the conference championship on the line. Since the 01-02 season, the Tribe hold an 11 to 8 winning margin against the Toppers. The Indians are my favorite to bring home the Championship as their players are once again healthy, but the Hilltoppers may have something to say about that. The Toppers??™ coach has methodically put together a dangerous team that has played off the charts as of late. CMO is still scratching his head as Freedom Hall suddenly became unavailable. It has been heard that Obama himself will be attending the game and handing out stimulus packets, with Bill Meade helping, to the first 1000 fans. **** THIS JUST IN!!!!!! **** Charlie McConnell has just given information that he will come out of retirement to ref the Topper/Indian game!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Anyway??¦..These teams are in place to decide our Big Nine Champion. As the drama unfolds, I will deliver a fishing report for teams leaving us during the first round of the District. For some fans it??™s time to getcha popcorn ready!!! For others, it??™s time to get their tackles ready? Stay tuned??¦..and GOD Bless!!!!!!

DAT WUZ GUD!

I wonder if Whitson is calling the DB/SH game? If so, my money is on SH. They don't lose with Whitson on the court.

easttnboy, you just placed a value judgement on everyone that frequents these boards who are not Volunteer supporters, as we all are from 'up the road' in some capacity. I honestly take no offense to it, because, though I am from the dreaded city, I am most definatley not stuck up. Stokomo graduated from Dobyns Bennett in the '80's, playing under the guidance of the great Buck Van Huss. That said, he is also from 'up the road'. Does that change your opinion of him? Suffice it to say, some will share your opinion and some will not, I advice that you not perform character assasination and back yourself into defense mode when it comes to Volunteer, your alma mater. Keep an open mind, though we from 'up the road' are far from perfect, those from your block aren't infallible either. Now, to take a message from Stokomo...thank God for the game and he will bless us with the opportunity to learn from it.

I stand corrected! I remember when van huss came over to talk to me before a game one time and that ment more to me than anything at that time. He was a special man(from the old school).

Sometimes, people make accusations toward people. Just like a lot of the comments on this message board says that we are a bunch of redneck hicks, hayseeds, etc., if you come from Hawkins Co. I apologize if any was offended.