Moving to New Divisions or Levels

DonCChatt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it to a different forum. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE (sports53 @ Oct 28 2008 - 05:52 PM)

Nice to see that at least FRA, DCA, USJ, JCS, Fayette Academy have the courage to move to D2. Shame on the others for staying to "cherry-pick" in public school classes...... How can they call themselves "powers", when all they do is pick on their weaker brothers?]]

[[Get it to a different forum. ]]

Ouch! sorry, must have struck a nerve, thought this forum was "Moving to New Divisions or Levels, What schools will be moving between A/AA and AAA or Between D1 and D2?" Guess you meant specifically/only within the classes... my mistake.

That would make things interesting. And not necessarily in a good way. Who would be left in district 3 and 4 for A/AA looks like AC is moving up as well. I'm not complaining about losing teams in our district b/c we have so many. But it looks like 3 of the top half of our district is moving up. G, that would make is seem like our districts may get combined or certainly reconfigured. I know you wouldn't miss your trips to Stone, Scott, and Oneida, and I won't miss any trips to Cosby. HMMMMMMMM. Again, how sure are you of some of this MJUHB?

I'm pretty sure Gibbs and Carter are going to be AA--look at their enrollment on TSSAA--that's where they seem to be for football anyway--AA-4a

Come on now, EastTN... as evident last night, even the "powerhouses" can be defeated. This should be your moment of glory!

Are you going to the game on Thursday? I might just have to endure the cold if so!

save me a seat and some hot cocoa. wait, g, can we get in the press box, I promise not to hit any buttons.

QUOTE (sports53 @ Oct 28 2008 - 05:52 PM)

Shame on the others for staying to "cherry-pick" in public school classes...... How can they call themselves "powers", when all they do is pick on their weaker brothers?

Ouch! sorry, must have struck a nerve, thought this forum was "Moving to New Divisions or Levels, What schools will be moving between A/AA and AAA or Between D1 and D2?" Guess you meant specifically/only within the classes... my mistake.

Funny, but you know what I meant. In fact, I'll bold it for you.

save me a seat and some hot cocoa. wait, g, can we get in the press box, I promise not to hit any buttons.

Our press box may be warm, but you really can't see the field when you sit in there (too many people standing in front of it). Concession stand is better! Warm, good view, AND food!

Greeneville did not make it decision to drop till the eleventh hour. They requested to go region 1 in football and then rest of the programs would follow suit. The TSSAA will let GHS know one way or the other in November sometime of their decision. Neverless GHS will make a strong impact on small school soccer. There is a lot of good players, coaches and teams at all levels. We will just have to find some new eating places on the way to games.

Greeneville did not make it decision to drop till the eleventh hour. They requested to go region 1 in football and then rest of the programs would follow suit. The TSSAA will let GHS know one way or the other in November sometime of their decision. Neverless GHS will make a strong impact on small school soccer. There is a lot of good players, coaches and teams at all levels. We will just have to find some new eating places on the way to games.

Why did they want to go with district 1? Isn't 2 closer to them?

Why did they want to go with district 1? Isn't 2 closer to them?

Not in Football where GHS makes a ton of money. It is all based on rivalries. We have strong ties to the East and their are some strong overall athletic programs such as Elizabethton, Sullivan North and Sullivan East. They resemble Greeneville.

We have never even played West Green in Football.

Claiborne County and Granger Co. would be long trips to the hinterland.

For a town with a population of only 15,000 Greeneville is an extremely active soccer community. The Greeneville Soccer Association has it own indoor practice field and just opened it's 3 field outdoor complex which has already hosted several traveling team tournaments. The Galaxy Program is very strong starting with the U-10's and going up from there. The program attracts players from the surrounding counties in fact several girls playing for Science Hill HS in Johnson City and Sullivan South in Kingsport are current members of Greeneville Galaxy U-16 and U-17 girls teams. There is a year round Rec league for all age groups and thanks to Tusculum College's awesome indoor facility it doesn't slow down in the winter. In fact the Winter and Summer adult league is very robust with a number of ex-Tusculum and Carson-Newman soccer players who have graduated and remained in the community playing along side the high schoolers. I'm sure having Tusculum's strong D2 college program in our backyard also helps. The current GHS girl's team is mostly Sophmores and Freshmen with a few Juniors and Seniors so they should be strong in AA for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...