Moving to New Divisions or Levels

DonCChatt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJUHB, so... have you heard if this is for soccer, too? Do they just add the A teams to the AA teams that are in the same district?

If so, then the only change in our district (4) is for Catholic to move out and Alcoa to move in. District 3 (Alcoa's old district) has some pretty big changes with the additions of Pigeon Forge and GP. Greeneville in District 2 puts some real spice into the mix, as well!

It appears that Notre Dame and CCS are going to District 7. Looking at who has girl's soccer programs, you see

Notre Dame and CCS - downtown Chattanooga

Sequatchie County - 33 miles, 50 minutes

Jackson County - Gainesboro, TN - 126 miles, 2 1/2 hours

What a screwed up district

Other schools in the other half of the region (district 8) include

Livingston Academy

York Institute (Jamestown, TN)

DeKalb Co

Smith Co.

Friendship Christian (Lebanon, TN)

TSSAA sets new districts

White Station will move into 16-AAA for 2009

From Staff Reports Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Board of Control of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association approved the Class A, AA and AAA districts in Division 1 for 2009-13 at its meeting Thursday in Murfreesboro, and there were not any surprises in regards to the Memphis-area districts.

One small change was White Station moving from District 15-AAA to 16-AAA. Not only will that be a tough district in basketball, but it also creates a football district with the Spartans, Melrose, East, Mitchell (moving up from AA) and Whitehaven. All five teams are still alive in this year's football playoffs.

"We'd kind of heard rumors of that last spring, so it's not any real big surprise," said White Station athletic director Mark McDonald on being moved. "We don't have any control over that. TSSAA decides geographic areas. We'll always field competitive teams. That's the only thing we can deal with."

Bartlett was the only Shelby County school classified as a Class 5A school for football. All other county teams will compete in the Class 6A state playoffs.

TSSAA Classifications for 2009-13

The districts are for football, basketball, baseball, softball and volleyball. Football classes for playoffs are in parentheses:

CLASS A

District 16

Middle College (no football); MAHS (no football); MASE (no football); Memphis Liberal Arts (no football); Douglass (2A); Treadwell (2A); Westwood (2A)

CLASS AA

District 13

Gibson County (3A); Milan (3A); Westview (3A); Covington (4A); Crockett County (4A); Dyersburg (4A); Brownsville Haywood (4A); Obion (4A); Ripley (4A)

District 14

Jackson Central-Merry (3A); Bolivar (4A); Chester County (4A); Fayette-Ware (4A); Jackson South Side (4A); Lexington (4A); Liberty (4A); McNairy Central (4A)

District 15

Manassas (3A); Northside (3A); Frayser (4A); Kingsbury (4A); Trezevant (4A)

District 16

BTW (3A); Carver (3A); Oakhaven (3A); Fairley (4A); Hillcrest (4A); Sheffield (4A)

CLASS AAA

District 13

Dyer County (5A); Hardin County (5A); Jackson Northside (5A); Munford (5A); Brighton (6A)

District 14

Bartlett (5A); Craigmont (5A); Raleigh-Egypt (5A); Arlington (6A); Bolton (6A); Cordova (6A); Millington (6A)

District 15

Collierville (6A); Germantown (6A); Houston (6A); Kirby (6A); Ridgeway (6A); Southwind (6A); Wooddale (6A)

District 16

East (5A); Hamilton (5A); Melrose (5A); Mitchell (5A); Overton (5A); Central (6A); Whitehaven (6A); White Station (6A)

It appears that Notre Dame and CCS are going to District 7. Looking at who has girl's soccer programs, you see

Notre Dame and CCS - downtown Chattanooga

Sequatchie County - 33 miles, 50 minutes

Jackson County - Gainesboro, TN - 126 miles, 2 1/2 hours

What a screwed up district

Other schools in the other half of the region (district 8) include

Livingston Academy

York Institute (Jamestown, TN)

DeKalb Co

Smith Co.

Friendship Christian (Lebanon, TN)

That's not likely to be how it comes out. If they do base the A-AA districts on AA, Jackson County will probably

be placed in 8. 7 would get Lookout Valley and Signal Mountain, maybe Tennessee Temple also, to go along with ND, CCS, and Sequatchie.

Here's a quote from the Knoxville News Sentinel:

"The TSSAA??™s new district alignments apply to football, basketball, baseball, volleyball and soccer."

If this is, in fact, true, then District 4 with Bearden, Farragut, Knox West, Catholic, Maryville, Lenoir City, Heritage and William Blount is a monster soccer district. It rivals District 11 on the girls side and maybe exceeds everyone on the boys side. One or more excellent team will not emerge from the District 4 tournament.

Here's a quote from the Knoxville News Sentinel:

"The TSSAA??™s new district alignments apply to football, basketball, baseball, volleyball and soccer."

Don't think that's necessarily true. I think it is supposed to read softball rather than soccer. The Tennessean article in today's paper lists the midstate districts for cross country, golf, tennis, soccer, and track after the realignment. They are different from just combining the A and AA football districts.

High School Districts Set for 2009-2013

MJUHB, so... have you heard if this is for soccer, too? Do they just add the A teams to the AA teams that are in the same district?

If so, then the only change in our district (4) is for Catholic to move out and Alcoa to move in. District 3 (Alcoa's old district) has some pretty big changes with the additions of Pigeon Forge and GP. Greeneville in District 2 puts some real spice into the mix, as well!

So what you are saying is it is now easier for CAK than it has been in a while. Alcoa is in a tougher district now

Catholic is in trouble unless they start recruiting a little more. (This will be fun to watch a private school get what they deserve playing with the big boys the next 4 years. They will find out what it is like to be on an even playing field)

Pigeon Forge and GP will be in a tougher district and region so they will struggle.

So the way I am seeing AAA soccer in East TN

4 teams have a chance

CAK, Alcoa, Greenville, and Kingston in boys

and girls it is all CAK and Greenville the next 4 years

Quote from easttnref.

(This will be fun to watch a private school get what they deserve playing with the big boys the next 4 years.)

I don't have a clue who plays who, but why do private schools have a target put on their back by the publics. I guess from your name you are a ref. I would hate to be Father Ryan playing Bearden and have you working. Can you say "bias"? Guess they would "get what they deserve". /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Don't think that's necessarily true. I think it is supposed to read softball rather than soccer. The Tennessean article in today's paper lists the midstate districts for cross country, golf, tennis, soccer, and track after the realignment. They are different from just combining the A and AA football districts.

High School Districts Set for 2009-2013

So much for believing what you read in the newspaper. That's why I qualified what I wrote with "if it's true".

So what you are saying is it is now easier for CAK than it has been in a while. Alcoa is in a tougher district now

No, I am not saying that it is easier. I have the utmost respect for the teams in our district. While we lose Catholic, Alcoa is a formidable opponent.

Catholic is in trouble unless they start recruiting a little more. (This will be fun to watch a private school get what they deserve playing with the big boys the next 4 years. They will find out what it is like to be on an even playing field)

Sigh... and I had thought we had made great strides, EastTNref. With beating Catholic this year, I figured maybe your viewpoints might have changed a bit.