7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

SG, 85 has no option but to recall those 98 and 99 seasons. Comments on this board (i.e. don't think anyone from this district has ever been nominated for Mr. Basketball, this "insert favorite school here" team is the most dominate team in the history of the district, etc.) constantly leave the door open for 85 and others to remind some of the younger bucks in here that this district's history is much deeper then the immediate past successes of oakland and siegel. All 3 programs have had great success. Can we all agree to classify the successes as follows:

Oakland's success is the most consistent,

White Co's success (so far) is the greatest (as it is the only team to bring home the gold ball, and that was twice), and Siegel's success is the most recent.

I have no problem with this post.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Warrior hows 1998 treating you? since your still living back then. that is OVER 10 YEARS AGO. I wont take anything away from there state titles, but come on man any argument and your comeback is always well we won BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in 98 and 99. I wonder how many posts this year you have mentioned the back to back championsips 10 years ago, wish I had a tally.

OakPat, I am NOT taking a thing away from Hughes, he definately deserves his own article. He is a great player. I am just saying that is some crap that they would have it in the paper the day after Hammonds gets a Mr.Basketball nominee. How happy would you be if Jamal was nominated and the main article was on Hammonds? The DNJ needs to learn to space out articles.

The only reason I bring it up is because some Siegel posters keep thinking this years Siegel team is the best ever in 7AAA. That is ABSOLUTELY not true. That poster didn't think anyone has ever been nominated or won Mr. Basketball in 7AAA. That poster also thinks nobody from this District has averaged 18 points per Dist. win. I have no choice but to set that poster straight. That poster is the one that keeps bringing these things up. Not me. This District has been around a looooooong time and siegel just happens to be one of many good teams to come along. They are just not THE best to come along.

By the way 1998 treated me GREAT. So did 1999. HA! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

so i did a little research into oaklands cupcake schedule. i know i always say that on here but i wanted some facts to back it up. lets compare siegel's and oakland's schedule:

Oakland

Whites Creek 6-17

Ezell-Harding 8-21

Maplewood 18-5

Clarksville NE 19-5

Overton 14-12

LaVergne 13-12

Clarksville NW 12-13

Hillsboro 15-11

Brentwood 16-8

Father Ryan 22-7 (terrible private school team)

Hunters Lane 17-6

Opponents' record: 160-117

Siegel

Alcoa 10-17

Dobins-Bennett 22-5

Science Hill 24-4

Overton 14-12

Memphis Carver 16-10

Liberty Tech 23-5

Memphis Trezvant 14-7

Shelbyville 23-4

Maplewood 18-5

Memphis Central 18-3

Smyrna 8-15 (only flaw on siegel's schedule)

opponents' record: 190-87

now who would have the tougher shot at winning 20 games? and as for anyone trying to argue that hughes should be district mvp or his stats are better than kerry's, who do you think had the better defenders guarding him every game? now do yall see how oakland wins 20 games every season???

Ur a dam idiot..

IDC give Oakland siegel's schedule they will still get 20..

If siegel wants to think they ave played the "best" from Memphis why not play R.E or White station? Someone like that?

Yall absolutely HATE that Oakland still finds a way to win, win and WIN!

I PROMISE YOU if i see you guys at a game I will personally walk up to you nd hand you the tissue paper!

Yall out cry Cutter ANYDAY..

Nobody has argued Jamal needing to be the MVP. You just trying to brew up a stupid fight. I will say that Jamal does EVERY little thing u could imagine for Oakland. I've seen him dive on the floor at least 10 times this yr. EVERYONE knows how good Kerry is. No one argues that at all.

Its always like this I think. Oakland has the quiet players who just play. Siegel always has the guys that NEVER get noticed lol and never get the respect they deserve. BOO HOOOO

GAHHH LEE!

Again BOOOO HOOOOO BOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Siegel beat Oakland in the district or regions.

The sad thing is even if oakland wins they only beat Siegel cause of the rivalry and not cause there any good. Kill me now but if Warren county played Oaklands schedule they would prob muster up 15 wins..

Don't worry bout me tho I know nothing of what I talk about. I know nothing about this basketball either..

Again BOO HOO

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!! The "SWAMI" is here !!!! And after yet another (4-0) Friday night, The "SWAMI" has hit the magical 50 wins plateau!! The "SWAMI" now stands at (50-6) for the year and will return with all of the first round game winner's . The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! The "SWAMI" is HERE !!!! Congrats to all the worthy winner's of all the district awards handed out today. Everyone has their favorites, but it's hard to argue against the ones that won the awards. The "SWAMI" is looking to improve on his amazing (50-6) regular season district record, but this is "nut-check" time and anything can happen. Let's get to the games of Friday night: White County will make the short trip over to hated rival Cookeville, but the home standing CAVS will prove too tough. Cookeville by 11. My Pioneers will go into the "BORO" and get overwelmed by the Home-standing Stars, Siegel by 40. Blackman will play at Oakland, but the "D" of the Patriots will be too much for the Blaze to overcome, Oakland by 23. And Finally, Riverdale will lose at Lebanon, falling to the Blue Devils by 13 points. The "SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! The "SWAMI" is HERE !!!! Congrats to all the worthy winner's of all the district awards handed out today. Everyone has their favorites, but it's hard to argue against the ones that won the awards. The "SWAMI" is looking to improve on his amazing (50-6) regular season district record, but this is "nut-check" time and anything can happen. Let's get to the games of Friday night: White County will make the short trip over to hated rival Cookeville, but the home standing CAVS will prove too tough. Cookeville by 11. My Pioneers will go into the "BORO" and get overwelmed by the Home-standing Stars, Siegel by 40. Blackman will play at Oakland, but the "D" of the Patriots will be too much for the Blaze to overcome, Oakland by 23. And Finally, Riverdale will lose at Lebanon, falling to the Blue Devils by 13 points. The "SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

To all of you who pray, please pray for Aaron Puckett tomorrow. He will be having surgery on his knee tomorrow.

This district would have been different if he had not gotten hurt but he will be playing for a very good school next year. We wish him the best that life has to offer. He is a very smart young man with a 3.9 and his act was out the roof also. He is a quiet , nice young man and would never say the ugly things that a lot of posters put on here. He just sees the best in everyone.

To all of you who pray, please pray for Aaron Puckett tomorrow. He will be having surgery on his knee tomorrow.

This district would have been different if he had not gotten hurt but he will be playing for a very good school next year. We wish him the best that life has to offer. He is a very smart young man with a 3.9 and his act was out the roof also. He is a quiet , nice young man and would never say the ugly things that a lot of posters put on here. He just sees the best in everyone.

Good luck to Aaron. No doubt White County would have had a home game in the first round of the district had he not have been injured this year. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

you see that is the difference between siegel and other teams. we couldnt care less who we beat and how many times. we just want to win state. u say that WC beat siegel 3 times last year. congrats...did you have fun watching us at the state tourney???? and we were absolutely terrible cutters junior year. our seniors were horrible. all tyler had to work with was a freshmen gooch and a freshmen tj. kerry didnt play due to a knee injury. hey he still won 12 games with that group!!

and im not sure if that is a record or not, but i would like to see the other teams that have done it and their boxscores!!

Well I know you say you are tired of hearing about the White County team who won the state, but then you turn around and issue a challenge. I have to accept. I have no idea which team won their games by the largest margin in the history of 7AAA. I am not going to proclaim that White County holds the record because there are a couple of Oakland teams through the years that might have and there was a pretty good Lebanon team with Easterly that won their games by a large margin. I will speak to what I know is a fact. An average winning margin of 18 points per game is not the record. Not even close. I happen to have those White County numbers in front of me or actually on my computer because I am researching the history of the program (all sports). The 1997-98 team won their games by an average of 25.1 points per game including one loss. I can give you game by game final score and I can even go back and get the box score if you need it. The 1998-99 team only won their games by an average of 14 points per game, but went undefeated in the district. Of course, that was with a bullseye on their back as defending state champion. Once again, I'm not dredging up the past just stating a fact that was challenged.

I wouldn't say Siegel dominated last year. WC actually dominated Siegel last year{3 games to 1} even though we lost substate. I believe WC got the best of Siegel Cutters junior season as well. WC won both games that year.

I understood the 18 points the first time you said it. I'd say that is NOT a record.

And in the last 5 years how many times has White Co. been to the state...NONE, Siegel won when it mattered!!! And by the way Tyler went to 2 state tournaments. That's more than any White Co. player combined in the the last 5 years!!! Go Siegel! Good luck in the tourney! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All the best wishes to him from here on out. You never want to see a player of his caliber, or any player period, go out like he did. When he went down at Oakland, my heart sank, he has having a pretty good game up to that point, and you could sense that it took alot of steam out of Sparta's sails when he went down.

And in the last 5 years how many times has White Co. been to the state...NONE, Siegel won when it mattered!!! And by the way Tyler went to 2 state tournaments. That's more than any White Co. player combined in the the last 5 years!!! Go Siegel! Good luck in the tourney! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The day you guys learn to appreciate the history of every other school and show some semblance of respect for it is the day that people nowlonger go out of their way to try to mess Siegel over.

It seems that to get respect you must also give it!!! 85 totally gave none to Cutter, so my comments were given.

I have NEVER said anything bad about Cutter. All I said was when he was "the man" at Siegel his last 2 years White County went 5-1 against him. Tyler was a very good player.

Well I know you say you are tired of hearing about the White County team who won the state, but then you turn around and issue a challenge. I have to accept. I have no idea which team won their games by the largest margin in the history of 7AAA. I am not going to proclaim that White County holds the record because there are a couple of Oakland teams through the years that might have and there was a pretty good Lebanon team with Easterly that won their games by a large margin. I will speak to what I know is a fact. An average winning margin of 18 points per game is not the record. Not even close. I happen to have those White County numbers in front of me or actually on my computer because I am researching the history of the program (all sports). The 1997-98 team won their games by an average of 25.1 points per game including one loss. I can give you game by game final score and I can even go back and get the box score if you need it. The 1998-99 team only won their games by an average of 14 points per game, but went undefeated in the district. Of course, that was with a bullseye on their back as defending state champion. Once again, I'm not dredging up the past just stating a fact that was challenged.

Thank you. I knew if anyone had the numbers you would sportsfanatic. 25 points per game? WOW!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All the best wishes to him from here on out. You never want to see a player of his caliber, or any player period, go out like he did. When he went down at Oakland, my heart sank, he has having a pretty good game up to that point, and you could sense that it took alot of steam out of Sparta's sails when he went down.

The day you guys learn to appreciate the history of every other school and show some semblance of respect for it is the day that people nowlonger go out of their way to try to mess Siegel over.

Exactly!!!