MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making a post to be part of the 100th page. It's been fun on here talking 7AAA, but White Co. is now leaving to be part of 6AAA. Farewell to nice posters like "OaklandPatriots", "Riverdaleman", and 14pioneers. You guys love your schools and don't put down other schools. Good luck to your schools in the future{unless you play us} he he.

I guess I will still see 14pioneers next year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good luck to Oakland tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

May the GREAT White County tradition continue in 6AAA!!!

Just making a post to be part of the 100th page. It's been fun on here talking 7AAA, but White Co. is now leaving to be part of 6AAA. Farewell to nice posters like "OaklandPatriots", "Riverdaleman", and 14pioneers. You guys love your schools and don't put down other schools. Good luck to your schools in the future{unless you play us} he he.

I guess I will still see 14pioneers next year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good luck to Oakland tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

May the GREAT White County tradition continue in 6AAA!!!

I wouldnt mind an Oakland-White Co. Sectional some time down the road. I imagine I will still keep up with former 7-AAA teams just out of mere habit...........

Maybe Oakland just played really well, but I was unimpressed by Columbia last night. I can see how they did pretty good on defense, because I am sure not many teams could handle their pressure defense. Really no thought to their offense except for the dribble drive and kick. They tried to go hi-lo, but it was pretty easy for Oakland to pick off every time. Looking back, Oakland got pretty lucky in getting the draw that they did. Even as well as Oakland played last night, I do not think they would have been able to pull off the W.

With that said, I feel pretty good about how Oakland matches up with Shelbyville. Obviously, Andrews is the trump card, but Shelbyville is alot like us in the sense that they excel in the half-court game and can be pretty dangerous in transition when they need to be. I think Hockenberry/Nelson v. Twilley might be the matchup of the night, but then again, you could argue the same thing for whatever Oakland defender draws Andrews.

so i did a little research into oaklands cupcake schedule. i know i always say that on here but i wanted some facts to back it up. lets compare siegel's and oakland's schedule:

Oakland

Whites Creek 6-17

Ezell-Harding 8-21

Maplewood 18-5

Clarksville NE 19-5

Overton 14-12

LaVergne 13-12

Clarksville NW 12-13

Hillsboro 15-11

Brentwood 16-8

Father Ryan 22-7 (terrible private school team)

Hunters Lane 17-6

Opponents' record: 160-117

Siegel

Alcoa 10-17

Dobins-Bennett 22-5

Science Hill 24-4

Overton 14-12

Memphis Carver 16-10

Liberty Tech 23-5

Memphis Trezvant 14-7

Shelbyville 23-4

Maplewood 18-5

Memphis Central 18-3

Smyrna 8-15 (only flaw on siegel's schedule)

opponents' record: 190-87

now who would have the tougher shot at winning 20 games? and as for anyone trying to argue that hughes should be district mvp or his stats are better than kerry's, who do you think had the better defenders guarding him every game? now do yall see how oakland wins 20 games every season???

post season prediction:

oakland loses to siegel in the region champ and travels to walker valley where they will find their season over.

siegel hosts red bank in the substate and wins for their 4th state tournament appearance in 5 years!!

yeah i know. i guess we should have played in the warren county shoot out with oakland. then we could have got on the bus with yall and road to woodbury for the cannon county classic. then at christmas we could go play in the father ryan classic. hahahahahaha CUPCAKE SCHEDULE!!!

thats why we go play science hill and liberty tech and memphis central and Dobbyns-Bennett. so we can get ready to smack yall in the mouth when it really counts...TOURNAMENT TIME!!

and by the way we played terrible against science hill. ill give you that one.

thats how i know we can run. we have played the best from all over the state. just look at the signature line at the bottom of my posts. laugh at those numbers son!!!!

Hey Boroballer, its time for your crow, I got your silverware, sauce and everything. Hope you like it well done............

Hey Boroballer, its time for your crow, I got your silverware, sauce and everything. Hope you like it well done............

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

On a more serious note, I did not realize until last night how little seating that Blackman's gym holds. More often than not, it serves its purpose, but I am not too sure that it needs to be hosting a region tournament. How did they get to host 2 of them in 5 years anyways?

Im not sure of the financial ramifications but I think the next high school in Rutherford county needs to have a mega football stadium and gym. I like the idea of having seats all the way around the gym. If any of you have ever been to Cleveland High school's gym Im thinking just like theirs but bigger