7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

Losing Twilley for yet another game will be very difficult for Shelbyville because Cookeville is a solid team. Top to bottom district 7AAA is a better district as far as matcups go. I think Shelbyville should still win with the talent they have and they are a quicker team than Cookeville. Andrews will be the difference maker Saturday night as if he shoots poorly they will be in trouble, but if you have kept up with him at all the last two years he does not have many bad nights. Last night he was double teamed all night and still managed to score 32 points. Seth Jerrell is a 6'4'' sophmore who continues to get better every time out on the court so his size down low will help out as well. Also Shelbyville plays great defense like Oakland and that keeps them in a position to win every night they step out on the court. I truly hope Coach Thomas has the boys ready to play so that we all get to watch four top notch teams battle it out on Tuesday night. Talk about getting your $6 dollars worth!!!!

Sorry "Treyvols" , The "SWAMI" (54-6) for the year !! , Sees Columbia beating Lebanon, but every team in 8aaa losing to the supierior 7aaa squads !!!!! The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry "Treyvols" , The "SWAMI" (54-6) for the year !! , Sees Columbia beating Lebanon, but every team in 8aaa losing to the supierior 7aaa squads !!!!! The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to be sorry Swami your entitled to your opinion. Look on the bright side after saturday night you will have an overall record of 57-7. That is a great record and on top of it you will still have single digits in the loss column of your record. Keep up the good work Swami.

Twilley really makes a difference.

I agree 100% but Shelbyville's defense will keep them in the game at all times unless Cookeville shoots lights out. Andrews can carry the scoring load as long as the other players are able to score as well. Should be a great game and I hope Twilley gets a shot to play again on Tuesday night. Shelbyville had a shot at coming from 17 behind against Columbia but they had 8 threes and shot 10 of 13 from the line on Tuesday night.

Good defense does not allow 8 3's. But only allowing 13 free throws and im sure many were at the end is good defense. Siegel finally won one at the line against Oakland. I said we'd have to hit free throws to win and we did. GO COOKEVILLE, They are a very scary team though, Siegel beat them by 2 earlier in the season with Cedric Williams who we didnt have the first time we played them and shelbyville. He is starting to get the hang of the offense more. But if Shelbyville gives up alot of 3 balls I like Siegels chances. Even if they dont I think Andrews can be shot over fairly easily by Hammonds Tate or Gooch.

Good defense does not allow 8 3's. But only allowing 13 free throws and im sure many were at the end is good defense. Siegel finally won one at the line against Oakland. I said we'd have to hit free throws to win and we did. GO COOKEVILLE, They are a very scary team though, Siegel beat them by 2 earlier in the season with Cedric Williams who we didnt have the first time we played them and shelbyville. He is starting to get the hang of the offense more. But if Shelbyville gives up alot of 3 balls I like Siegels chances. Even if they dont I think Andrews can be shot over fairly easily by Hammonds Tate or Gooch.

The do not have their starting PG..... When someone who has started over 100 plus games for your school and they are suspended things in your strategy and starting lineup change. When Twilley is out there Shelbyville has one of the top defenses in the mid state. Also I would hope that Kerry can shoot over Emanuel since he is taller and also a Mr. Basketball finalist. I have said it in my first post Siegel is the favorite to win the regional tourney. Hopefully Shelbyville will beat Cookeville so they have a shot to knock off Siegel in the semi finals.

Pardon me, but Siegel has had their fair share of games where they have gotten ripped pretty good from the perimeter. Should you meet with Shelbyville, it by no means will be an easy game. Andrews is the best scorer in the region, you heard me right.

Pardon me, but Siegel has had their fair share of games where they have gotten ripped pretty good from the perimeter. Should you meet with Shelbyville, it by no means will be an easy game. Andrews is the best scorer in the region, you heard me right.

Agree with you about Andrews. Having seen all the region teams that are still playing, Andrews is the best scorer. Hammonds is a close second but he has a better supporting cast. If Shelbyville beats Cookeville and gets Twilly back to feed Andrews it could be a very entertaining game. we'll have to wait and see.