MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Stars played their tails off tonight!! Dotson may have out-coached the all mighty king tonight!! The crowds from both sides were awesome as well. Looking forward to Saturday, Go Siegel and all 7-AAA!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Siegel just outperformed Oakland in crunchtime, that is all. Oakland was put in a position to win, just like the countless other times they have been by the coaching staff. If it makes you sleep better at night to think that Oakland was outcoached, then by all means, have at it....................

It is funny that of all the Oakland posters..OP you are by far the most consistant and knowledgable (sp?) person on here. It kinda upsets me when you do not acknowledge the coaching that went on tonight from the Siegel bench. My hats off to dotson and his staff on being district champs tonight! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is funny that of all the Oakland posters..OP you are by far the most consistant and knowledgable (sp?) person on here. It kinda upsets me when you do not acknowledge the coaching that went on tonight from the Siegel bench. My hats off to dotson and his staff on being district champs tonight! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The thing about coaching is that you can come up with the best gameplan of all time, but if your kids cannot execute it, it will not matter. I kinda figured that I acknowledged everything about their victory in my first post after the game. I didnt know it was my duty to go out of my way to acknowledge Dotson's gameplan, and like I said, its just apples and oranges if your team cannot execute it.

Good game by both teams. Siegel did a good job of keeping Jamal from doing too much damage and Oakland did the same with Kerry. The difference in the game IMO was Lavon Tate. BIG game from Lavon! Congrats to Siegel but I think we'll be seeing Oakland again this year.

It was a game that intensity-wise, I thought was very similar to the Oakland-Siegel district championship matchup or 04-05, which Siegel won as well. Not to get down on Jamal, but he missed some pretty easy shots at critical junctures that could have made it a closer game. Apples and Oranges now, but great team defense by both teams, Oakland just needs to work on getting up the line and keeping the big guy down low from getting the ball just a couple of feet under the basket.

Did I read correctly that Columbia beat Shelbyville? I'm not shocked by this, as Columbia I hear has a very solid team that can really shoot the basketball. If this is correct, then that means we would be looking at a Siegel vs. Shelbyville semifinal (with a sub-state game on the line)...wow!!!

Also have to consider that their PG ( Deonta Twilley) was serving the 1st game of a 2 game suspension, as I am sure it had a pretty big impact on the game. I look forward to Oakland renewing an old rivalry with Columbia.

I wasn't at the game, but I just had a friend call me and ask me "Did you go to the Oakland/Siegel game?" I said no. He said, "Well I don't know how Coach King does it! He has those boys playing with Siegel and they [Oakland] doesn't really have anything this year. And Siegel is loaded!"

He isn't even a basketball guy. He's a football guy--but that was his assessment of the game. Just thought that you guys might like that for a little wood on the fire.

I wasn't at the game, but I just had a friend call me and ask me "Did you go to the Oakland/Siegel game?" I said no. He said, "Well I don't know how Coach King does it! He has those boys playing with Siegel and they [Oakland] doesn't really have anything this year. And Siegel is loaded!"

He isn't even a basketball guy. He's a football guy--but that was his assessment of the game. Just thought that you guys might like that for a little wood on the fire.

To be fair to our kids, this isnt exactly scrubs playing on the floor. Oakland has some pretty talented players, obviously not to the level of Siegel, but there is talent there. For anyone hoping that a drop-off is going to occur anytime soon, there is also sitting some pretty good sophmore talent sitting on that bench. I think it does get under Siegel's skin a little, that at least on paper, they should run us off the floor, but they are in for a 32 minute fight everytime out.

If he was that impressed with Oakland last night, he should have been there for the 2nd meeting...............

Very good game between these two talented teams as well as the crowd that was brought as always in this rivalry. Both were loud and had the crowd ( including myself) entertained.

I hope to see both go far, but we can only see one make it past our region.

Good luck to both teams and congrats on there hard work to get here.

what do you mean? they both can make it past the region, tey can both make it to the state tournament