7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

columbia is VERY over rated. i have watched them play 4 times this year. if and i mean if they were to beat oakland in the semi's (which wont happen) siegel will smack them. columbia likes to run but has zero defense. siegel runs with the top 5 in the state and they have been buckling down defensively the last 7 games. lets go stars!!!

I agree with you on what you said about Andrews having to play out of position but I dont think you are accurate on Columbia having zero defense. Dont get me wrong their defense is no where as good as Oaklands but they get after it and can play defense. Columbia and Oakland will be a close game if both teams advance. I say close as in less than 10 points. I know to some that may not be a small margin but teams can go on a 10-0 ruin in two minutes so anything less than 10 is a small score IMO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on what you said about Andrews having to play out of position but I dont think you are accurate on Columbia having zero defense. Dont get me wrong their defense is no where as good as Oaklands but they get after it and can play defense. Columbia and Oakland will be a close game if both teams advance. I say close as in less than 10 points. I know to some that may not be a small margin but teams can go on a 10-0 ruin in two minutes so anything less than 10 is a small score IMO.

For what its worth, Columbia gives up an average of 48.9 ppg, while Siegel gives up 57.1

and how many ppg does columbia score? siegel gives up so many points because the other team gets so many more posessions.

siegel and oakland rd 4...get ready for it!!!

They average 62 ppg. You said they play "zero defense", I am just showing you that the numbers say otherwise. Lebanon would be a more likely desciption of a team that plays "zero defense". Just because a team has additional possessions doesnt mean that a team has a free pass to give em up. As I said, up until recently, Siegel has been relying on their athletic ability on defense as opposed to doing it the right way.............

and how many ppg does columbia score? siegel gives up so many points because the other team gets so many more posessions.

siegel and oakland rd 4...get ready for it!!!

Looks like there is some truth to what boro states as Columbia averages 62.3 points per game while only giving up 49.

Siegel averages 73.6 ppg while giving up 57.1.

Columbia averages about 85% as many points as Siegel and only allows 85% of the points Siegel gives up.

Looks like that may support the argument for Siegel's greater number of possessions.

Here some more interesting stats that I would hope discredit the statement that Columbia has no defense.

In 25 of thier 27 games (93%), Columbia has held their opponent under their respective scoring average.

The two games in which they didn't, they allowed Tullahoma to score 1 above their average and Lincoln Co 4 above their average.

For the season, they have held their opponents to 241 points (or 8.9 points per game) below their collective scoring averages.

Just for comparison purposes, Siegel's numbers look like this:

In 16 of their 29 games (55%), Siegel held their opponent under their respective scoring average.

For the season, Siegel has held their opponents to 72.5 points (or 2.5 points per game) below their collective scoring averages.

If you still claim that Columbia has no defense, then based on the above numbers you woud also have to claim that Siegel doesn't either.

I dont think Siegel has no defense. We do score and run alot so it does give the opposing team more opportunities to score. That being said I dont feel Columbia has no defense either. They definately play defense. How much they could play against Siegel I am semi curious to know, but in order to find that out they both need to win 2 straight games.

First off, I just want to offer well wishes to Franklin County. They took it to Oakland from the start to finish in the 1st quarter and gave me quite a scare for a little bit. They shot the ball very well and played with a lot of energy early on, but they could not keep it up. I believe that I heard that Oakland started the game 1-8 from the field, but made 22 of their last 28 shots, which is just insane. David Hockenberry has to be the MVP of tonight's game. Yes, Jamal had 24 and led all scorers, but without David, Oakland maybe packing it in, looking forward to next year. David was the point man for the entire team during that big run in the 2nd quarter in which they outscored FC 22-6. I believe he had 15 or so at the half. Once the 2nd half started, it was all Jamal and then we were able to spread it out to other guys. I think its pretty impressive that Oakland played as well as they did from the 2nd quarter on without the services of Tyler Edwards, and I think it shows that Oakland can hurt you pretty badly when they decide to go small.

With that said, I thought we made some good adjustments of getting more ball pressure around the perimeter and fighting through those screens. In the 1st quarter, Oakland had a tough time of it, and it showed as they trailed 20-8 after 1. Especially well noted is the defensive play of BJ Nelson, who locked down on taylor after the 1st quarter, and Brandon Messick, who got big minutues tonight because of Tyler's injury and played very solid defense down low. I hope we can take some things from this game and incorporate them into the next game, because Oakland was dialed in for a large part of the night, passing and shooting the ball very well. Onto longtime nemesis, Columbia.

First off, I just want to offer well wishes to Franklin County. They took it to Oakland from the start to finish in the 1st quarter and gave me quite a scare for a little bit. They shot the ball very well and played with a lot of energy early on, but they could not keep it up. I believe that I heard that Oakland started the game 1-8 from the field, but made 22 of their last 28 shots, which is just insane. David Hockenberry has to be the MVP of tonight's game. Yes, Jamal had 24 and led all scorers, but without David, Oakland maybe packing it in, looking forward to next year. David was the point man for the entire team during that big run in the 2nd quarter in which they outscored FC 22-6. I believe he had 15 or so at the half. Once the 2nd half started, it was all Jamal and then we were able to spread it out to other guys. I think its pretty impressive that Oakland played as well as they did from the 2nd quarter on without the services of Tyler Edwards, and I think it shows that Oakland can hurt you pretty badly when they decide to go small.

With that said, I thought we made some good adjustments of getting more ball pressure around the perimeter and fighting through those screens. In the 1st quarter, Oakland had a tough time of it, and it showed as they trailed 20-8 after 1. Especially well noted is the defensive play of BJ Nelson, who locked down on taylor after the 1st quarter, and Brandon Messick, who got big minutues tonight because of Tyler's injury and played very solid defense down low. I hope we can take some things from this game and incorporate them into the next game, because Oakland was dialed in for a large part of the night, passing and shooting the ball very well. Onto longtime nemesis, Columbia.

Congrats, to all the winners, It should make for some great match-ups come Tuesday night at Blackman. I think the Siegel-Shelbyville game will be a classic. Shelbyville showed me , without Twilley. how dangerous a team they can be. The "Swami" sees both games being decided by 6 or less points. By the way, We have hit the 100 pages mark for the year,( almost) for this 7aaa thread. Thanks to all, who have posted /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />