Region One

Cowboy Curtis

In the opinion of all wrestlers involved....hypothetical....would the same guys win if you only wrestled one match in the tournament each day????? Just a question....Seems like some great wrestlers lose their stamina in these weekend long tourneys...Interesting topic....It would be so good to see the finals on a single match - daily basis...full of energy....

Would you rather see that than a marathon tourney???

If your a great wrestler, you have stamina, otherwise your pretty much just a skilled wrestler.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regions are right around the corner now, just a few more days away... unfortunately I will not be in town to catch them... I have an AAU youth tourney in Knoxville that I am taking my crew to... good luck to the Sullivan East Patriots, I think that there will be quite a few of them that place well (as long as they bring their A game)...

Flemming got seeded #1 at Heavyweight, from what I saw. We got us a good looking tournament, it should be great. The top 3 in heavy have looked good through out this entire season, and it's going to be great to see where their hard work pays off.

Keep an eye on the #4 seed he has lost to all of the top three earlier this season,but is coming on strong when it counts. And at 6'6" 255 he could get anyone in trouble at any time. Your right the big guys could put on a real show.

Keep an eye on the #4 seed he has lost to all of the top three earlier this season,but is coming on strong when it counts. And at 6'6" 255 he could get anyone in trouble at any time. Your right the big guys could put on a real show.

The 285lb. class can never be taken for granted. One slip and it's over. Forget the score. That what I like about wrestling a pin ends all regardless of what takes place between the whistle starting the match and stopping the match.

The 285lb. class can never be taken for granted. One slip and it's over. Forget the score. That what I like about wrestling a pin ends all regardless of what takes place between the whistle starting the match and stopping the match.

So true so true. The problem with our region 1 285s is that the more experienced ones who will probably go to state are so small. A 220-230 HVY at the state level will be lucky to see the quarter finals no matter how good they are. If you cant move someone skill kinda goes out the window. But no matter, I wish them all the best of luck.

So true so true. The problem with our region 1 285s is that the more experienced ones who will probably go to state are so small. A 220-230 HVY at the state level will be lucky to see the quarter finals no matter how good they are. If you cant move someone skill kinda goes out the window. But no matter, I wish them all the best of luck.

Never saw Daniel Crosby of Greeneville High? WHOA! Soph 235 (3rd state), Jr 235 (st champ), sr 245-250 but didn't look over 235 (1st state).

From his semifinal loss as a soph at states, he didn't lose again. 110 straight wins!

Pure wrestler, 98% of all his takedowns were double and single legs. Probably half were finish with a lift.

His senior year, our region also placed 3rd and 4th at 275lb. 3 of the top 4, pretty neat.

Zack Potter was 5th 2006 and 3rd in 2007. On friday the last day of the state that year,

he weighed in at 221 never weighed much over 235 in 06 and at state weighed 228.

He also was only 5'8". I believe noons was a medalist back in the days of UNL. and might

have weighed 200 on a fat day. It can be done, just have to understand how to move the

mountains.

Zack Potter was 5th 2006 and 3rd in 2007. On friday the last day of the state that year,

he weighed in at 221 never weighed much over 235 in 06 and at state weighed 228.

He also was only 5'8". I believe noons was a medalist back in the days of UNL. and might

have weighed 200 on a fat day. It can be done, just have to understand how to move the

mountains.

It was 185 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Just look like I couldn't have wrestled that weight now. 200 was my football weight /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Never saw Daniel Crosby of Greeneville High? WHOA! Soph 235 (3rd state), Jr 235 (st champ), sr 245-250 but didn't look over 235 (1st state).

From his semifinal loss as a soph at states, he didn't lose again. 110 straight wins!

Pure wrestler, 98% of all his takedowns were double and single legs. Probably half were finish with a lift.

His senior year, our region also placed 3rd and 4th at 275lb. 3 of the top 4, pretty neat.

Daniel is a beast. Period! I believe he may wrestle next year (college). He has enough

aggression for 3 hwts. I also believe he has earned two MMA titles in his last 7 fights.

He knocked one guy out in 6 seconds!

In the opinion of all wrestlers involved....hypothetical....would the same guys win if you only wrestled one match in the tournament each day????? Just a question....Seems like some great wrestlers lose their stamina in these weekend long tourneys...Interesting topic....It would be so good to see the finals on a single match - daily basis...full of energy....

Would you rather see that than a marathon tourney???

THE TWO GUYS WRESTLING IN THE FINALS HAVE HAD IT EASY. THE GUYS THAT FIGHT BACK THROUGH THE CONSOLATIONS ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE IT ROUGH.

THE ANIMAL