Ooltewah vs Farragut

VOID70

Not that surprising Farragut lost, but like someone else said, the margin took a minute to get used to seeing. I guess it's safe to say Farragut stinks when playing at Ooltewah. I didn't see the game, nor did I listen to all of it, but I hate to see that Farragut got completely dominated like they did. Honestly once they went down 14-3, every Farragut fan should have know it would only get worse. Once Farragut gets down by 2 scores to a good team, they fold and give up. It has happened every year since I can remember. Take some of the playoff games Farragut has lost in recent years. Game is close and they are playing really well, then they make a mistake and get down a score or two and bam, before you know it, its 42-14, or 48-0. Its pathetic and it you have to blame the coaches for it. I hate to say it cause I know and like most of the coaches, and Courtney is a great guy and a decent coach, but there comes a time when you can't give up when your football team is losing. We all know he can be a winner and withstand certain things, check his battle with cancer, but on the football field we just don't see it. Farragut just doesn't lose games. They either get blown out when they are supposed to win, or make the dumbest mistakes near the end of games to end their chances. There are only 2 games I can remember where Farragut fought the whole game with everything they had and just in the end lost. Ooltewah in the reg. season of '06 and Powell that same year. All the other losses they have had in the last 8 years probably, they either A. give up when they get down to a good team, B. kill themselves with penalties and mistakes, or C. don't show up at all. I know thats how alot of teams lose games, but Farragut makes a habit of it. I for one am tired of seeing them get blown out in playoff games and games they should be competitive in. I'm not saying Farragut needs a new coach, but something on the sidelines and in the locker room has to change. Courtney has done a great job the last few years doing really well with a team he had been coaching that was barely even average, but for as good as they can be, losing in the playoffs the way they have and losing games in general the way they have is and should be unacceptable by Farragut fans. Also, I dunno if anyone notices but it seems like Farragut doesn't make changes during games. If it's not working they just keep trying it hoping it will work. If the other team is doing it and its working, the coaches seem to just hope they don't realize we can't stop it.

Congrats to Ooltewah for showing Farragut they aren't the greatest of all time, obviously the games vs. McMinn and WB weren't good enough. Now hopefully they can get their act together. Ooltewah generally has a great team, especially when playing at the nest. If the teams do play again this season hopefully it won't be there. There are clearly some things Farragut needs to work on during the week. I do believe Farragut is better than the beat down they got last night, but we will have to see how the season ends up to see if thats true. I hope they haven't given up on the season since they can't finish undefeated. Again Congrats too Ooltewah on the win and the dominating performance.

just saw a video of what could have been what the Courtney was complaining about. A shot right to the face of Browning with the crown of the Ooltewah players helmet. HERE is a link to the football site that has a link to the video.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job by Ooltewah last night winning the field position last night and taking advantage of it. Ooltewah plays tuff hard noise football and very physical and thats how you have to play the game. Bottom line is you gave Farragut a good back woods bit down and the better time wanted last night. Good job.

Not that surprising Farragut lost, but like someone else said, the margin took a minute to get used to seeing. I guess it's safe to say Farragut stinks when playing at Ooltewah. I didn't see the game, nor did I listen to all of it, but I hate to see that Farragut got completely dominated like they did. Honestly once they went down 14-3, every Farragut fan should have know it would only get worse. Once Farragut gets down by 2 scores to a good team, they fold and give up. It has happened every year since I can remember. Take some of the playoff games Farragut has lost in recent years. Game is close and they are playing really well, then they make a mistake and get down a score or two and bam, before you know it, its 42-14, or 48-0. Its pathetic and it you have to blame the coaches for it. I hate to say it cause I know and like most of the coaches, and Courtney is a great guy and a decent coach, but there comes a time when you can't give up when your football team is losing. We all know he can be a winner and withstand certain things, check his battle with cancer, but on the football field we just don't see it. Farragut just doesn't lose games. They either get blown out when they are supposed to win, or make the dumbest mistakes near the end of games to end their chances. There are only 2 games I can remember where Farragut fought the whole game with everything they had and just in the end lost. Ooltewah in the reg. season of '06 and Powell that same year. All the other losses they have had in the last 8 years probably, they either A. give up when they get down to a good team, B. kill themselves with penalties and mistakes, or C. don't show up at all. I know thats how alot of teams lose games, but Farragut makes a habit of it. I for one am tired of seeing them get blown out in playoff games and games they should be competitive in. I'm not saying Farragut needs a new coach, but something on the sidelines and in the locker room has to change. Courtney has done a great job the last few years doing really well with a team he had been coaching that was barely even average, but for as good as they can be, losing in the playoffs the way they have and losing games in general the way they have is and should be unacceptable by Farragut fans. Also, I dunno if anyone notices but it seems like Farragut doesn't make changes during games. If it's not working they just keep trying it hoping it will work. If the other team is doing it and its working, the coaches seem to just hope they don't realize we can't stop it.

Congrats to Ooltewah for showing Farragut they aren't the greatest of all time, obviously the games vs. McMinn and WB weren't good enough. Now hopefully they can get their act together. Ooltewah generally has a great team, especially when playing at the nest. If the teams do play again this season hopefully it won't be there. There are clearly some things Farragut needs to work on during the week. I do believe Farragut is better than the beat down they got last night, but we will have to see how the season ends up to see if thats true. I hope they haven't given up on the season since they can't finish undefeated. Again Congrats too Ooltewah on the win and the dominating performance.

just saw a video of what could have been what the Courtney was complaining about. A shot right to the face of Browning with the crown of the Ooltewah players helmet. HERE is a link to the football site that has a link to the video.

I guess it is all about your perspective. I watched the video clip and I don't think there should have been a flag. The followthru motion of the QB makes his head come down and forward, #44 did hit him high, but I don't think it was intentional shot to the head. The kid didn't wrap up and take the QB to the ground. Either way it in no way deserved the response it got from your coach. He sure has put your team in a mess of a situation for next weeks game and Soddy is not going to be an easy place to right the SHIP. I here they are calling their field "The Slaughter House" now. Good Luck!

I did not say the hit was intentional. That is just the way some players tackle, leading with the helmet. You see it almost every game. They don't mean to lead with the helmet, they just do it. The sad part of that is the tackler is going to injure themselves more times than not by leading with the helmet. The QB's head coming down on his follow thru has nothing to do with the player leading with the helmet. I guess it is one's perspective and from this person's it was a penalty.

looked a little like the McMinn game. That is how they play- BRING IT EVERY PLAY. Don't think they were TRYING to lead with the head. Just trying to get to the QB.

Good grief, Coach Courtney shouldn't have got that upset about that hit. Watch it again and you'll see the defender hit him about upper chest/neck level and the QB's head reacted to the hit. That was not a hit to the head!

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but that's ridiculous for Farragut's Coach to react that way. If he doesn't like contact, he needs to coach ballet.

I think he was overreacting to his #1 ranked team getting a can of whoop-#### opened up on them, and there wasn't anyhting he could do from his team getting steamrolled. He needs to take the blame for him not having his players preared.

Great job Owls!

To all of the Farragut fans that showed class... MOST.. I wish you well. You have a good team, they just didn't get a chance to get in rythmn. It happens to the BEST of teams.

To FarragutUniversity... You are a TOTAL disgrace to the team you pull for.

#46 for Farragut - You showed a lot of class last night after the game. It was great to see you hugging your counterpart who you obviously had a lot of battles with Friday night. You sir... show alot of class.

To all who are BASHING the Farragut coach... I have A LOT of respect for a coach who takes up for the safty of his players. I don't care if it is our coach or their coach. He did NOT give any bad gessters to coach Monroe. He looked like he wanted to shake his hand because his beef was not with Benny. The refs missed MANY calls BOTH ways. We had one roughing the passer called on #34 when he was HELD by a Farragut lineman and rolled into the QB in the beginning of the 4th quarter I believe it was.

Why did Farragut not sub in the last five minutes of the game? Ooltewah subbed their players out (total shock) and it was nice to get to cheer #36 as he left with a standing ovation. I wish they would have subbed #17 Brady out before we ran out of time so that the crowd could have given him his due applause. He has struggled all year but had a great game when we needed him most.

Again... Congrats Owls, I will see you in Oak Ridge.

After watching the video , it should have been a penalty . You guys who are saying otherwise would be saying different if it was your QB getting hit . It wouldn't have changed anything though , Ooltewah came to play , no doubt . I felt like last year , a team from around here would win 5A , and I hope this year Is the year we bring back the 5A state championship to East Tennessee . Whichever team it is needs to bring the same fire in the Playoffs as Ooltewah did last night . Good luck to all of you guys , and I look forward to next year when Maryville gets to make new friends ... lol .

I had a feeling the O-line would get their true test tonight and in fact they got much more then that. They got a good ole whooping as much as i hate to say it. The battle of the trenches was my biggest concern for this game and Ootelwah just dominated us on both sides of the ball. Didnt expect it but i deff. thought it could happen and now the O-line is gonna have to get together and work some things out. So now people know why i wasnt giving praise to this team just yet i am an Admiral through and through but this proved we have a long way to go.