Mcminn Central against Polk Co.

sportsman88

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all posts have been really good so far.. lots of good points and opinions... i played in that amazing game last year and i will tell you right now even though we lost i will never forget that game!!!!! its so hard to decribe this type of game in words, but i will try.. its one of those where you go out and there is nothing else in the world that matters, the only thing you want to do is beat the team you have waited to play for a year... every hit, every run, every play is played by every player like it is their last.. the coaches prepare a little bit extra for practice and go that extra mile during the walk-throughs on monday and thursday, the film room is dead silent after every practice (except the coaches of course) because the players are trying to get that extra edge on the guys they will go up against on friday night.. to play in that game is not just a privaledge its an honor!!! the fans get the loudest they have been all year.. that "popcorn starts popping and the band starts playing", and all of a sudden all those summer workouts and all those practices are worth it when you break a big run or make that key tackle... the feeling that you get when the crowd is standing up cheering for you and the student section chants your name is nearly impossible to match.. to all the current players out that that might read this go out there and play like its your last down every down no matter what.. for you seniors this is it, the last time you will play each other ( polk v central), make it one you will never forget!!! i wish the best of luck to the wildcats and i hope they can get the win.. and it doesn't matter who beat who by how much.. this is a HUGE rivalry game.. records, past wins/losses, stats, none of that matters anymore, expect the unexpected, play hard and who knows what will happen.. i will be at this game i hope i get to see a good one, GO POLK!!!!!

Yeah I would hafta agree there's nothing like catching that game-tying TD or making the game-winning tackle on the 1 yd line. When you go out there you've gotta keep one thing on your mind... "48 minutes to play and a lifetime to remember."

Yeah I would hafta agree there's nothing like catching that game-tying TD or making the game-winning tackle on the 1 yd line. When you go out there you've gotta keep one thing on your mind... "48 minutes to play and a lifetime to remember."

very true..

is everyone healthy this week for polk and central???? i haven't heard anything so far

Okay lets just say... Who cares about the Polk-Meigs, Central-Meigs, Polk-ER and Central-ER games. They dont matter anymore. The only thing that matters now is my main man D. Davis preparing his boys to get ready to whip them chargers. Coach Derrick has no discipline whatsoever. I think its hilarious that you can deal drugs and not be kicked off but heaven for bid if you take your jersey and pads off and go to the locker room then you do get kicked off. Polk County is fixing to blow everyones heads off because I can assure you ole Cody Price is going to roll over all you charger pu tangs. My little man Ty Lee might just have to show you boys from Central what "Speed" really is. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Polk wins this one.

Okay lets just say... Who cares about the Polk-Meigs, Central-Meigs, Polk-ER and Central-ER games. They dont matter anymore. The only thing that matters now is my main man D. Davis preparing his boys to get ready to whip them chargers. Coach Derrick has no discipline whatsoever. I think its hilarious that you can deal drugs and not be kicked off but heaven for bid if you take your jersey and pads off and go to the locker room then you do get kicked off. Polk County is fixing to blow everyones heads off because I can assure you ole Cody Price is going to roll over all you charger pu tangs. My little man Ty Lee might just have to show you boys from Central what "Speed" really is. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Polk wins this one.

This has been a good thread until Ryan Qualls gets on here and starts running his mouth. He has about 20 different screen names. Central fans please ignore his comments, he is just jealous that he was not tough enough to make it in football and some of these Polk players are tough enough and are even better baseball players than he was. There is one thing that he was able to make all-state in and that was cooking hotdogs and face painting. If he doesn't make the baseball team at RSCC maybe they will let him cook them some dogs and wave the team flag when someone hits a home run. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

POLK WINS HUGE

POLK - 22

central - 8

o and limpybiscuit good fat joke im sure everyone is laughin at your immaturity....i love the way you said you graduated before me but yet you still act like a little kid...but callin me chubby ha ha funny...good thing that wasnt original...but anyway POLK wins

McMinn Central 28 Polk County 21

I agree, last year was the best high school game I have ever seen in my life. No team deserved to lose that game. This game will determine how good MC really is for this, besides their slip up against ER, will be the first tough matchup. I, however do believe that they are a solid ball team. Mr. Green is back and this will make a huge difference up front. I will have to go MC in a good game. Based on how Howard was able to throw on Polk I think this will be the difference.

I just want to add, that this is a great rivalry, so play hard - leave it all on the field, both teams.

This has been a good thread until Ryan Qualls gets on here and starts running his mouth. He has about 20 different screen names. Central fans please ignore his comments, he is just jealous that he was not tough enough to make it in football and some of these Polk players are tough enough and are even better baseball players than he was. There is one thing that he was able to make all-state in and that was cooking hotdogs and face painting. If he doesn't make the baseball team at RSCC maybe they will let him cook them some dogs and wave the team flag when someone hits a home run. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Ha Good one bra. And actually my friend I did play football my freshman year. And another thing if they were so much better than me, why are they not in collegiate baseball? Huh? And the next thing I know your going to pop off about is, well Roane State's program isnt nothing...................... Yes, I know it is fall, but if Roane State's program isnt nothing, I guess Walters State and Cleveland States programs are nothing either because YES, we let them know Roane State Baseball is back. Beat Walters 6-4 and CSCC 11-1. To the hot dogs, yes I will defend myself, I am a pretty good cook, and get it right bra, it wasnt hotdogs that got me my All State award, it was my shrimp cooking. Lol, One more thing, I never painted my face besides at the Central game in 2007 when the BIG PC came in and spanked Central. Something else, I dont care what any of you all say or do, because you know what, I spent my 5 days in In-School last year but I'm no longer in high school and no one can do anything about it now. If I want to mention players names, you darn sure better believe I will mention players names. Until I get my 50 dollars I will do all the trash talking on here that I want to. PERIOD. If ya got something to say, Im sure you can get my number. A lot of people have it. Im free M-F between 12 and 2 pm and 6-11 pm. But anyways, I'm sure I'll be at the game Friday if I can get enough time away from my lady friend /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> lol jk. But go Polk!!!!