Camden @ Stewart Co

Lions4ever

Until Stewart Co. leaves the Greenfield's & Gleason's alone they will be just like Lewis Co. - Nice and shiny in the regular season but not near as pretty come playoff time.

I have to totally disagree with this statement. Lewis Co. with Coach Sharp and co. is a GOOD team. I played against them four times in my career, and two of those were for a region title and we won the region my senior year. LC is TYPICALLY A TOP 10 team, and ALMOST ALWAYS a quarter-round team. The PAnthers are a very good team, you can throw them in with the likes of Camden, Milan, Huntingdon, Martin-Westveiw, etc.

BTW just so there is no confusion, I am a 100% percent CAMDEN LIONS fan.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to totally disagree with this statement. Lewis Co. with Coach Sharp and co. is a GOOD team. I played against them four times in my career, and two of those were for a region title and we won the region my senior year. LC is TYPICALLY A TOP 10 team, and ALMOST ALWAYS a quarter-round team. The PAnthers are a very good team, you can throw them in with the likes of Camden, Milan, Huntingdon, Martin-Westveiw, etc.

Ctown I hate to correct you but Camden has been to the quarters since Lewis co has. It's been a while since they got out of the second round.

May not be 31 points better, but also everyone there would have to say Camden was much better than SC and would beat them 10 out of 10 times by 10+ points..

You just took this way out of context, I wasnt bashing SC...I sadi that if they played Camden 10 times they would get beat 10 times...Camden is really good football team, a top 10...possibly top 5 team in the state(that will be determined later..

Second I do not believe that SC has try-outs...I am not sure, but pretty sure..If you read some more of my post throughout just this thread you will know that I am jsut a fan of the area...Lived throughout it for 20 years...Actually lived in SC for some of it!

I just stated the thruth from an unbiased opinion about the team..I believe that Holliday has some classless moves....Sc people think that they are unbeatable, I just stated the facts about their weak schedule and the padding of the record..Never did I bash any of the players what-so-ever besides saying that they were not a top ten team in the state..

SC has a good team this year, one that they should be proud of...The best team in recent history for SC..But if you were at the game, you know that jsut as well as I do that Camden would win 99 out 100 times they played...Maybe not by 31 everytime, but probably more than 10 everytime...(thats not a bash...its just the facts that Camden has a good footballl team)

Oh and therapy...If you knew my proffession you would think so even more...

seriously man, there is something wrong with you. You proclaim that you do not mean these remarks as harmful or bashful, but in the history of your posts you have constantly had a negative attitude towards Stewart County. You really need to lay off the kids and the coaches. If you think you can do a better job at coaching then i suggest you compete with coach holliday for the job, but i gauruntee that you cannot. If you think you can teach the SC how to play with better "class", then i suggest you ask coach holliday if you can talk to the boys, because the Rebels are always willing to learn something if it will improve them. And if you insist on replying, please give us your e-mail address or something, because just like the houston county forum, you are beginning to make this one unpleasant.

Hardhitter since you are new to the area welcome to 7-2A football. This region has some of the best rivarly games around. As far as padding the stats I don't think coach would do that. The other thing is I have coached before and had fans and parents second guess my decision, so I don't try to coach from the stands. That job is left up to the coaches on the sidelines and my I say they do a great job. Everyone knows that offense puts fans in the stands and defense wins games. Hardhitter not only are the defensive coaches teaching the game but they are teaching those young men life lessons.

ThankyouLombardi Thanks for telling the SC hater (GOTGAME) to quit all the negetive comments about the REBELS. Seems to me that he strated off bashing and the more SC plays the comments become less negetive. Also anyone can be a arm chair coach.

Now everyone knows why SC fans are so proud of there REBELS. By the way the SC fans are the 12th man and WE ARE SC.

GO REBS.

Lewis Co. is a good team. They always play hard from what I know, but they have been exposed the last few years for that soft schedule. You guys have done the exact opposite. Camden has chosen to play some very tough non region games and thier program has improved because of it. I am impressed with your program and the level it is at. He is now starting to reload instead of rebuild.

Ctown I hate to correct you but Camden has been to the quarters since Lewis co has. It's been a while since they got out of the second round.

Yes, Yes, I know all to well.

2004- First Round loss to Lewis Co. Camden 12- LC 13

2005- Quarter-Final loss to Huntingdon Camden 14 -Huntingdon 28 (I could be wrong, its been a few years since that game)

2006- The heart attack kids came to town. Chance to win the region at home against LC, but lost 1 TD I think. Quarter-Final loss to Goodpasture. Camden 7 - Goodpasture 27

2007- A Second-round loss to CPA. Camden 28- CPA 55

2008- A second-round loss to Goodpasture. Camden 24 - Goodpasture 26.

LC's past is not to much unlike our own, so therefore when I said Lewis Co. was and is a GOOD team I knew what I was saying. I also know Camden's history fairly well, but after a few years your memory goes lol. I know many of the the FIRST time occurences at Wright Field, but I'll leave those for another day. Both teams were out in the second round last year, Milan put out our friends the Panthers in a hard fought game. I think this could be the year the Lions make it to the Semi's, but it all depends on whether we go east or if we go west. I gotta say I hope we go West.

Yes, Yes, I know all to well.

2004- First Round loss to Lewis Co. Camden 12- LC 13

2005- Quarter-Final loss to Huntingdon Camden 14 -Huntingdon 28 (I could be wrong, its been a few years since that game)

2006- The heart attack kids came to town. Chance to win the region at home against LC, but lost 1 TD I think. Quarter-Final loss to Goodpasture. Camden 7 - Goodpasture 27

2007- A Second-round loss to CPA. Camden 28- CPA 55

2008- A second-round loss to Goodpasture. Camden 24 - Goodpasture 26.

LC's past is not to much unlike our own, so therefore when I said Lewis Co. was and is a GOOD team I knew what I was saying. I also know Camden's history fairly well, but after a few years your memory goes lol. I know many of the the FIRST time occurences at Wright Field, but I'll leave those for another day. Both teams were out in the second round last year, Milan put out our friends the Panthers in a hard fought game. I think this could be the year the Lions make it to the Semi's, but it all depends on whether we go east or if we go west. I gotta say I hope we go West.

Be careful what you wish for...........

Be careful what you wish for...........

I'm so tired of watchin my friends and former teammates losing to Goodpasture it's ridiculous. Last year was rough watchin them boys play so dang hard, and to come up shy 2 points. This year I feel will be different. I honestly feel these boys have a great shot at making the Semi's. Like L4E said, Camden willplay whoever and won't care about their record or Mascot, whether its Milan or THE Alcoa Tornadoes.

seriously man, there is something wrong with you. You proclaim that you do not mean these remarks as harmful or bashful, but in the history of your posts you have constantly had a negative attitude towards Stewart County. You really need to lay off the kids and the coaches. If you think you can do a better job at coaching then i suggest you compete with coach holliday for the job, but i gauruntee that you cannot. If you think you can teach the SC how to play with better "class", then i suggest you ask coach holliday if you can talk to the boys, because the Rebels are always willing to learn something if it will improve them. And if you insist on replying, please give us your e-mail address or something, because just like the houston county forum, you are beginning to make this one unpleasant.

You guys once again are reading my posts all wrong...I never bashed the boys...I said that they had a good team and have a lot to be proud of...I am stating Facts....They have played a weak schedule....They have now beat 1 team (adamsville now) with a winning record... I think that it was classless how the coach ran it up against HC...My opinion is not very high on Holliday from the times that I met him and some other things that people around the program have said about him... I posed the first question as if there was any correlation to the "dirty play" that people talked about from SC to possibly the coaching staff...In the same post I put that I did not see any dirty play from SC during the game!!!

I do not want Coach Holliday's job...Has he turned the program around? Yes it is a mid-level 2A football team...No longer the muffin of 2A football...Will he continue to turn the program around and make noise in the playoffs or be more competitive agaisnt the likes of teams like Camden? That depends on if they get Gleason, Greenfield, and East Hickman off the schedule and better prepare themselves for good teams...They would be much better off going into the playoffs 6-4 or 7-3 and have played someone better than the teams mentioned above...

Look its not bashing, I know you all love your beloved rebels....I did the same thing to Papa when he tlaks like they are ready to beat Alcoa..(jk papa ..just making a point)...I am just giving a fair assement on how good the team really is...And that is a mid-level 2a football team!