Penalty?

ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chattanoogan stated this today "Courtney did not come back on the field after the game, but Farragut assistant David Sweetland said he heard Courtney complaining about a forearm in the back of Browning."

I don't see anything wrong with the hit. I don't think the coach actually saw the hit, he was looking downfield following the ball, he turned around afterwards and saw his QB laying on the field again and lost it. I think it was a frustrating night for Farragut coaches, players, fans, ect. If you think this was a bad call you are grasping at straws. Maybe someone could call down to Soddy and talk them into playing "Flag" football next friday night?

Either way its a personal foul. It's either late or contact to the head of the QB (not to mention with the helmet) and its a 15 yard penalty. He got hit late all night long, but somehow Farragut kept getting hit with the drive killing penalties. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Go figure. Ooltewahs defensive line is GOOD though.

Either way its a personal foul. It's either late or contact to the head of the QB (not to mention with the helmet) and its a 15 yard penalty. He got hit late all night long, but somehow Farragut kept getting hit with the drive killing penalties. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Go figure. Ooltewahs defensive line is GOOD though.

Farragut got flagged 7 times all night. 2 of them on your coach. Ooltewah was flagged 6 times. The was the one part of the game that was not one sided. The officiating has always been GREAT when we come to your house to play, hasn't it.

It amazes me that you guys are saying there's nothing wrong with that hit . I've seen much less get the flag hundreds of times . This in no way changes the game , I could care less who won this game , and I would feel the same way If this was a Maryville defender . You have to protect the QB , and the defender could have very easily hit him lower . The QB's head Is clearly seen snapping back from the blow . You guys who want to go the Macho route , picture that being your son and then truthfully tell me you wouldn't think a flag should have been thrown . No one Is taking anyway away from Ooltewah , they played an awesome game , but If I was an Ooltewah fan I would at least admit that the play was close , and a flag could have been thrown , then everybody goes on and forgets about it . With you guys defending the play like there's no doubt that there was anything wrong , it just makes this one play that much more of a spotlight , when the spotlight should be on the domination of the #1 ranked team in the state, and your great Victory .... but hey , this is just my opinion too , but this is a totally unbiased opinion .

It amazes me that you guys are saying there's nothing wrong with that hit . I've seen much less get the flag hundreds of times . This in no way changes the game , I could care less who won this game , and I would feel the same way If this was a Maryville defender . You have to protect the QB , and the defender could have very easily hit him lower . The QB's head Is clearly seen snapping back from the blow . You guys who want to go the Macho route , picture that being your son and then truthfully tell me you wouldn't think a flag should have been thrown . No one Is taking anyway away from Ooltewah , they played an awesome game , but If I was an Ooltewah fan I would at least admit that the play was close , and a flag could have been thrown , then everybody goes on and forgets about it . With you guys defending the play like there's no doubt that there was anything wrong , it just makes this one play that much more of a spotlight , when the spotlight should be on the domination of the #1 ranked team in the state, and your great Victory .... but hey , this is just my opinion too , but this is a totally unbiased opinion .

I respect your opinion. I guess all the whining just bothers me. Like you said. You beat the number ONE team in 5A..no let me rephrase that BEAT DOWN the number one team in 5A and this is a thread that people are jumping on. Yeah could have been roughin the passer or been a great hit. But the ADS emploded at the end of the game.Those front four OWLS are BEASTS. They only have one speed and are dangerous. Just seems kinda funny to me after all the trash talk all week and all the hype that they are crying about the refs. One thing someone needs to look at is the actual breakdown of the game. the STATS. I think everyone for the OWLS are so excited that there was that much domination. That play was not an isolated play. THOSE BIG FOUR stayed in the backfield ALL NIGHT. It really was amazing.I honestly hope your running back and QB are OK caus I have a feeling SODDY is believing they can bring down the MIGHTY ADS now.

I am a "Let the players, play" type of fan. I wish the video was at full speed and stayed on the QB and not followed the ball.

I was not there. But from what I seen on the video. The linbacker made 1 step then hit the QB.

From what I seen and my attitude towards the game. I say, "Clean Hit".

Judging by the score, and this particular play, I don't think it made a difference in the game. If anything, if it was so bad the coach got "Fired" up and kicked out, for it, then it should have let a fire under the Admirals butt.

First i think it was a late hit because i am a farragut fan, secondly because the hit was about 2-3 seconds after the ball was gone, third because he came him with his helmet, and fourth he did not even try to let up like the other 2 linemen after he saw the ball was gone, fifthly i have seen plenty of late hits called in college football this year that have been much less of a hit than that.