Class 5A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are Reese's stats? I saw all of the 2-5A QB's play this year and I thought that he was only third best in the region behind Soddy-Daisy's Scott Parrott and McMinn Co.'s Cy Ables. That's just my opinion and not to be taken as a slam of anyone.

why don't you compare matt polk with Brian Marshall, Dwayne Caldwell or the kid from Farragut last year that won? I think 750 yards in last 3 games against best competion of the year is pretty good.

Those of you fine folks in the Middle and East side of the State make sure to include Tausean Holmes of Millington on your ballet for 5a Back of the year. He is averaging over 15 yards per carry and has scored 25 td's.

Go Trojans!

Tausean Holmes for 5A Back of the Year!

What are Reese's stats? I saw all of the 2-5A QB's play this year and I thought that he was only third best in the region behind Soddy-Daisy's Scott Parrott and McMinn Co.'s Cy Ables. That's just my opinion and not to be taken as a slam of anyone.

Thorough97,

I suspect you're the gentleman who provided me with Ooltewah's season stats prior to the Ooltewah vs. Farragut game. If so, thanks again.

As for Reese, I've still got the Oak Ridge game to review to double-check my numbers, but what follows is close enough for a forum such as this.

Regular season passing

139 completions in 225 attempts (.618) for 2,082 yds

20 TDs / 6 INTs (3 of which were on tips)

I agree with you that Soddy-Daisy's Scott Parrott is one of the premier QBs in East Tennessee who deserves some promotion.

Thorough97,

I suspect you're the gentleman who provided me with Ooltewah's season stats prior to the Ooltewah vs. Farragut game. If so, thanks again.

As for Reese, I've still got the Oak Ridge game to review to double-check my numbers, but what follows is close enough for a forum such as this.

Regular season passing

139 completions in 225 attempts (.618) for 2,082 yds

20 TDs / 6 INTs (3 of which were on tips)

I agree with you that Soddy-Daisy's Scott Parrott is one of the premier QBs in East Tennessee who deserves some promotion.

Erik,

I was that person that provided you stats.

I didn't quite say it right, but I was trying to say that if you were putting a player up for consideration, put some somewhat accurate stats up for them. That player may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but without any stats, there is nothing to compare them to anyone else.

Will Brooks- Senior at Jefferson County, Fullback #46. Will has 1166yds rushing on 160 carries for a 7.30yds per carry. He also has 26 tackles as a starting middle linebacker in only 6 quarters of play. Probably the best fullback in East TN. He absolutely loves to hit. Many opposing teams had to plan their D around him this season. Very hard to stop, takes more than one to bring him down. Will carries a 3.97 GPA all honors classes. 6'1" 218lbs, max bench is 340lbs, runs a 4.8-40. Will has been praised by several opposing team coaches in person and in print, that they wish they had him on their team. Co-Captain, leader on and off the field.