2009-2012 Football Classifications set

MOTO24

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other schools have lean years too and have stilled played up. Many private schools do not recruit and I honestly dont know that any actually recruit. It is true that they have the luxury of anyone from anywhere enrolling at those schools but it doesnt always equal success....see Boyd in the 80's and early 90's. But when things got going the coaches and players said if we want to be all we can be we have to play better teams. Since then they have had down years but it still says something about a program that wants the challenge year in and year out. SP may not be able to change the region they are currently in but according to an earlier post they have until the 27th to change the future region they are in and it seems like coach Grider would lwant the challenge....by the way Boyd and other non division II schools are going to be playing schools with much larger enrollments than them, does that make any sense?

No whining from me about being at a private, my choice, but the multiplier is really a crock--DII solves the problem of financial aid/scholarships. Open zoning happens in many public schools as well-public teams in the Ktown area have kids going there that don't live in the district-provide your own transportation and a small fee and you're in if there is room. Seems the real goal of TSSAA is to ultimately stop privates from playing publics.

All I will say is that it is a shame that South Pitt didn't voluntarily move up they have for all intents and purposes just got four state championships that are theirs to lose. I don't see anyone beating them anytime soon even my beloved Devils.

They could still move up to 2A in football (the deadline for that is Monday coming), but moving up to AA for all sports would be a bit much, I think.

Looking at classifications for `2009 playoff's............It looks like the teams to beat will be: (IMO)

1A South Pittsburg, Jo Byrns

2A Boyd Buchanan, Trousdale Co.

3A Alcoa, Austin-East, Milan and Goodpasture

4A Maplewood, David Lipscomb, Fulton, and Redbank

5A Henry Co., Hillsboro, and Knoxville Catholic

6A Maryville, Franklin, Dobyns Bennett, Ooltewah, Riverdale, etc.

Guest Advisor

Looking at classifications for `2009 playoff's............It looks like the teams to beat will be: (IMO)

1A South Pittsburg, Jo Byrns

2A Boyd Buchanan, Trousdale Co.

3A Alcoa, Austin-East, Milan and Goodpasture

4A Maplewood, David Lipscomb, Fulton, and Redbank

5A Henry Co., Hillsboro, and Knoxville Catholic

6A Maryville, Franklin, Dobyns Bennett, Ooltewah, Riverdale, etc.

Henry County will be 6A!

I'm curious to how the districts will be decided,Cloudland will not have any 1-A team to play here in northeast tn. seeing that cosby,jellico,unaka and hampton will all be moving up to 2-A. It looks we will be playing alot of region 2 teams that we normally don't play on a regular basis.Thats fine with me cause I like the road trips but it might be a little inconvenient for some folks.

I'm curious to how the districts will be decided,Cloudland will not have any 1-A team to play here in northeast tn. seeing that cosby,jellico,unaka and hampton will all be moving up to 2-A. It looks we will be playing alot of region 2 teams that we normally don't play on a regular basis.Thats fine with me cause I like the road trips but it might be a little inconvenient for some folks.

Maybe Cloudland shot thereselfs in the foot. Shoulda move up to 2a

Maybe Cloudland shot thereselfs in the foot. Shoulda move up to 2a

well as far as traveling goes it would be easier to move up to 2-A but I doubt we could compete there on a regular basis.we don't have a problem with some of the local teams but I doubt we could even win a single playoff game with the level of competition in 2-A

well as far as traveling goes it would be easier to move up to 2-A but I doubt we could compete there on a regular basis.we don't have a problem with some of the local teams but I doubt we could even win a single playoff game with the level of competition in 2-A

It would make you better. Even if you had a few losing seasons