Oak Ridge vs. Farragut predictions?

Ole Dad

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can only hope the weather is really bad so as few as people as possible watch the whopping Oak Ridge is fixin to get on Friday. The good news it the season will then be over.

Ram Dad

Hate how OR's season has gone. We always like to see the 5A's that aren't in our region do well, and hopefully that Ridger tradition will be back. It's gonna take a while, and there will be bumps along the road, but this is Oak Ridge. Hope you guys can bounce back next yr. New coach, new A.D., whatever it takes. In region 1-5A, there's somebody pulling for you guys. Good luck against Farragut, but no W. Hope your seniors play their hearts out because win or lose, that will be the game they remember. We lost 38-14 to Dobyns-Bennett in the last game of my senior year, and I won't lie, I cried driving all the way home afterward talking to my mom on the phone because I knew that was it. Not every kid gets to play on saturdays, so they should savor their high school career. Football is a passionate sport, and every game brings you closer to your last. No matter what happens, keep your heads up and cheer your guys on. Thats all they want. I'm sure they don't think they'll win this one, but anything can happen, and that is why they line it up and play ball on friday nights. Tough year for Oak Ridge, but support your guys through and through, and things will start falling back into place.

The final time that Farragut and Oak Ridge will meet as region 2-5A rivals, and they've been doing it ever since 1993. I hope they can work out schedules next year so that they continue to play each other every year. I think the Admirals will be too much for the Wildcats this friday but good luck to both teams. My prediction will come later in the week.

The final time that Farragut and Oak Ridge will meet as region 2-5A rivals, and they've been doing it ever since 1993. I hope they can work out schedules next year so that they continue to play each other every year. I think the Admirals will be too much for the Wildcats this friday but good luck to both teams. My prediction will come later in the week.

From what I have heard this two teams will keep playing each other. Just not a region game.

Oak Ridge is as bad as ive seen in years. For years the plants in OR kept the wildcats in talent. This isnt Coach Stevens fault just a lack of talent. I personally think Coach is a good, descent person maybe he just cant connect with these kids. I think they will improve for next year but give the coach a chance to rebuild this program if he so wants too. I have been a Fan of football for years followed my kids through some tough years at their school. They learned discipline even though they werent a very good team. They have become good people as adults. So please think before we write any bad comments about the kids or coaches. Big Win for the admirals 45 - 14

Oak Ridge is as bad as ive seen in years. For years the plants in OR kept the wildcats in talent. This isnt Coach Stevens fault just a lack of talent. I personally think Coach is a good, descent person maybe he just cant connect with these kids. I think they will improve for next year but give the coach a chance to rebuild this program if he so wants too. I have been a Fan of football for years followed my kids through some tough years at their school. They learned discipline even though they werent a very good team. They have become good people as adults. So please think before we write any bad comments about the kids or coaches. Big Win for the admirals 45 - 14

As with any other American, you have the right to express your opinion.

It is my opinion that you don't have the slighest clue what you are talking about!!!!!!!!!

Oak Ridge is as bad as ive seen in years. ............. a lack of talent............... Coach is a good, descent person ....... give the coach a chance to rebuild this program

Straw...

I'm not a OR fan.... However... after picking out your key points I'd have to say your one for three...

First part... You are agreeeing with the "old time" Wildcat faithfull who have following this program forever.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> one for one......

Second part... There is a huge talent base in Oak Ridge.... ( you even said something about

"thinking about it before saying something bad about the kids".. Somehow that doesn't fit with the "lack of talent" statement.. An English Comp. teacher would wear you out .....) one for two...

Fourth part... When Stevens went to OR the program was built... They were a powerhouse that other programs looked to model themselves after.. The Wildcat faithful has watched its decline, screaming all the way yet it has fallen on deaf ears... Why would you think that the same person responsible for the current state of affairs could possibly "right the ship".... one for three

If I were your I'd quit while I was ahead... (.333 average) and leave this discussion to the faithful....

tpoole12

Wait: I forgot the third part..... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

You have to have personal discipline to teach discipline. You have to live certain lifestyle to hold people to a higher standard.

Talented people without values and discipline may win a few of life's short races, but they are not built for the long Haul.

Straw, why would he tear down a historic great program so he could rebuild it?

We played alot better against SD the past Friday still got a little work to do. Offense did a good job the whole game, Defense needs to stay hungry let them make some big plays in the second half.

I have been around Oak Ridge and Farragut Football for a long time and it is hard to believe were Oak Ridge football has gone these last few years. My cousin (David Vest) played at Oak Ridge and alot of my family members were big OR fans. My uncle (Leroy Vest) would always talk to me about playing football at OR the tradition coming off the hill down to the field. He loved OR football and he would try his best to get me to go play there when I was a kid. I went to both years OR won back to back state titles when I was a kid. I had alot of friends that played at OR and one coaches now. I didn't go to OR when I went to high school I went to Farragut. Playing in those games was awesome back then even thou we never beat them. (You think it was tuff at Ooltewah) OR was the same way. Its hard to believe were OR football has gone these last few years and listening to people talk about it. Now my son plays at Farragut and we talk about this game and what it is like to play in this game. I was 0-2 against OR he is 2-0 hopefully he will be 3-0 lot better then what dad did.

As with any other American, you have the right to express your opinion.

It is my opinion that you don't have the slighest clue what you are talking about!!!!!!!!!

i agree, coach stevens is in no way a good role model or coach, and thats just from actions ive seen against clinton the last couple of years. there is no way that o.r can be said to have no talent they have a huge amount of talent they just cant get the talent on the field and the ones that do get on the field cant get in the endzone. if o.r wants to move forward they need to do so without stevens