Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

Well, you never know, a helmet change could always happen. I think DB should change theirs too, though. It should be a plain dark brown helmet with a little red dot on the forehead. That's what an Indian is, isn't it?

Im pretty sure this is a rasist statement. Im reporting it to the ACLU. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Oh! no! our survival rate is down to 28.57 %..now i,m really getting worried /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well compusatman and Volman have so many different screen names registered here they probably make up 75% of souths total. Maybe Cap1 could vote 10 times to help Tennessee High out. That would be good practice for the up comming election. Is there a ACCORN office in Bristol? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

To me these are some key points to beat South or stay with them:

Speed - they seem to struggle with speed. They haven't faced a team with real speed. Elizabethton had some fast players that gave South trouble. I don't know the overall speed of THS, but I have seen Shepard run. He needs to get the ball in space. This is where the loss of Phillips hurts because he could run sideline to sideline.

Pass defense- If THS can't throw the ball and get yards after the catch it will be a long night. They will not beat South being one dimensional. They must have balance to take advantage of the South secondary.

THS must be able to put pressure on Davenport and close his lanes when he tries to run. He has killed teams this year dropping back to pass and taking off. You gotta contain him. North did a good job of rushing Davenport off the ends and closing his lanes. He threw his worst passes of the year. Problem was that once South adjusted, North couldn't maintain and Davenport got more time and carved them like a Christmas ham.

THS must play ball control. South strikes so fast. Their average drive is probably less than 2 minutes. Down and distance have meant very little to South this year. They have eaten their opponents alive on first down all year. They dictate the flow, can THS shut them down and force them to 3rd and longs.

THS must play good special teams and limit mistakes Elizabethton used their speed to get good field position and flip the field but they still lost 44-14. And even though it rained, the field wasn't slippery. Turnovers and penalties helped stop Elizabethton. All year South has feasted on poor punts, turnovers and good field position. Their offense hits quick and boom you are down 14,21-0. Johnson Co. scored first, stuffed South and then committed turnovers and it was 56 points by half. South is so opportunistic. And once you are down to them the sense of urgency to catch up kicks in and that is when mistakes are made. Teams have tried to force it against South and died on the Rebel sword.

THS must play the 3rd quarter. A few teams have played with South for a half and then get left behind in the 3rd quarter. I think South has scored 90+ points in the 3rd quarter this year and given up about 7. Teams don't make adjustments (South does) and it is lights out.

Limit the big play on South. Can THS do this? South has dozens of plays over 20 yards. They have so many players who can make big plays.

Other than SHHS, no one has taken South late into the game. How will they respond? They have a veteran team but they haven't really been tested this year late in the game.

If the game gets ugly, then South rolls. Their offense is very disciplined and their D makes plays. THS had better be ready.

My prediction: I haven't seen a team in NETenn that is as complete as South. You may get up on them, but you just don't have enough fingers to put in the dyke.

South 35

THS 13

This South team will ultimately be measured by how they fare against Maryville.

The last MLC title at stake. The Rebels and the Vikings. I must say I am a bit surprised. I did not give the Vikes much of a chance to get here, so congrats are in order to a fine group of over acheivers. The business at hand..... no trash talk intened, just what the old man has seen this year. THS will have a difficult time stopping the Rebel offense. Davenport, Kitzmiller, and Fletcher are the best the MLC has to offer. Plus you must take into account the best offensive line this side of Knoxville. THS brings in a stable of good backs Shepherd, Tallman, and King. I think the Rebel D steps up big. I know Coach Carter has challeneged them all week. The Vikes will be forced to throw and this means big trouble for a team with very average receivers and a QB. So I think South goes for blood early and if they get it the Cinderella Vikes will fold fast........Rebels 37 Vikings 17 Sullivan South Rebs 4 peat!

Good luck to Both

STOP THE PRESSES....JCOLTER "THE PLUMBER" HAS JUST MAD ANOTHER WORLD CHANGING PREDICTION!!!! I hope this one holds as much water as the bucket you threw your last prediction in did. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

"I have seen the Longhorns play once this year, and they have the ability to throw the ball and THS does not seem to have the ability to defend the pass. I think this will be the battle for third in the conference, as I believe Elizabethton and South to be superior to both of these teams(all ready proven against the Horns). The Vikings are not a healthy team right now............Horns 28 Vikings 23Good Luck to Both ..."

STOP THE PRESSES....JCOLTER "THE PLUMBER" HAS JUST MAD ANOTHER WORLD CHANGING PREDICTION!!!! I hope this one holds as much water as the bucket you threw your last prediction in did. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

"I have seen the Longhorns play once this year, and they have the ability to throw the ball and THS does not seem to have the ability to defend the pass. I think this will be the battle for third in the conference, as I believe Elizabethton and South to be superior to both of these teams(all ready proven against the Horns). The Vikings are not a healthy team right now............Horns 28 Vikings 23Good Luck to Both ..."

Cap if you look a little closer he made his prediction due to your all's injuries at that point in time of the season and if i'm not mistakin JC held you all to a very close game unlike when South played them.

and so i'm guessing jcolter is a plumber? so what that's a pretty low blow trying to diss someone just from there occupation and btw i know a plumber or 2 that's alot better off then half the employees at eastman /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Cap if you look a little closer he made his prediction due to your all's injuries at that point in time of the season and if i'm not mistakin JC held you all to a very close game unlike when South played them.

Well rebelman, unfortunately, i think you might be mistaken on this one. In the football i grew up playin, 44 to ZERO is usually called a BLOWOUT. Not a close game, /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

To me these are some key points to beat South or stay with them:

Speed - they seem to struggle with speed. They haven't faced a team with real speed. Elizabethton had some fast players that gave South trouble. I don't know the overall speed of THS, but I have seen Shepard run. He needs to get the ball in space. This is where the loss of Phillips hurts because he could run sideline to sideline.

Pass defense- If THS can't throw the ball and get yards after the catch it will be a long night. They will not beat South being one dimensional. They must have balance to take advantage of the South secondary.

THS must be able to put pressure on Davenport and close his lanes when he tries to run. He has killed teams this year dropping back to pass and taking off. You gotta contain him. North did a good job of rushing Davenport off the ends and closing his lanes. He threw his worst passes of the year. Problem was that once South adjusted, North couldn't maintain and Davenport got more time and carved them like a Christmas ham.

THS must play ball control. South strikes so fast. Their average drive is probably less than 2 minutes. Down and distance have meant very little to South this year. They have eaten their opponents alive on first down all year. They dictate the flow, can THS shut them down and force them to 3rd and longs.

THS must play good special teams and limit mistakes Elizabethton used their speed to get good field position and flip the field but they still lost 44-14. And even though it rained, the field wasn't slippery. Turnovers and penalties helped stop Elizabethton. All year South has feasted on poor punts, turnovers and good field position. Their offense hits quick and boom you are down 14,21-0. Johnson Co. scored first, stuffed South and then committed turnovers and it was 56 points by half. South is so opportunistic. And once you are down to them the sense of urgency to catch up kicks in and that is when mistakes are made. Teams have tried to force it against South and died on the Rebel sword.

THS must play the 3rd quarter. A few teams have played with South for a half and then get left behind in the 3rd quarter. I think South has scored 90+ points in the 3rd quarter this year and given up about 7. Teams don't make adjustments (South does) and it is lights out.

Limit the big play on South. Can THS do this? South has dozens of plays over 20 yards. They have so many players who can make big plays.

Other than SHHS, no one has taken South late into the game. How will they respond? They have a veteran team but they haven't really been tested this year late in the game.

If the game gets ugly, then South rolls. Their offense is very disciplined and their D makes plays. THS had better be ready.

My prediction: I haven't seen a team in NETenn that is as complete as South. You may get up on them, but you just don't have enough fingers to put in the dyke.

South 35

THS 13

This South team will ultimately be measured by how they fare against Maryville.

Good post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Those are all great points with the 3rd quarter issue being paramount.

Well rebelman, unfortunately, i think you might be mistaken on this one. In the football i grew up playin, 44 to ZERO is usually called a BLOWOUT. Not a close game, /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

well first off Mr.DieHard you got me mistakin with one of my fellow rebels from the innercircle , i'm realrebel; hi how do you do. and yes i now have went back in looked at the thats from that game and yes i was wrong for some reason i thought it was closer my bad /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

well first off Mr.DieHard you got me mistakin with one of my fellow rebels from the innercircle , i'm realrebel; hi how do you do. and how does a db and south score from over 2 yrs. have anything to do with tn.high sliding by with a W againgst JC /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

My apologies sir. I wasn't referring to the DB and South score from two years ago in my post though. I was however referring to the Vikings vs Longhorns game from this year. The game where THS barely squeaked by the Horns with a score of 44 to NOTHING. Once again I apologize on the name confussion. You all are so much alike! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />