Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with that statement, we now know that you know nothing about SS football. Keep reading and keep posting.

Reb, if you keep reading, you will se that I was talking about the big bodies. That is my fault on completely over looking Ty but i was looking for your LBs that are over 200 lbs. Clint is out and you still have Garvin back there but who will step in for Phillips that can have the impact back there that he does? 210 lbs is a big hole to fill, espically when you are trying to bring down a 240 lb RB. And Wildcat my mistake on saying two LBs were out. Dont know what I was looking at there. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> But seriously, what big body can come in and help plug the holes like Clint did?

Not really??¦I already knew he was out for this week. I was just seeing if you guys were going to try and pull a Johnson County on us make a pitiful attempt to convince us that he was playing. It really makes no difference to our players but the South fans in the street sure are concerned??¦and that??™s putting it lightly. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thats funny our 2nd team has seen just about as much playing time as the starters, so, I don't think no one is really to worried................Dilbert /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh no. I was talking about KS. Cap help me out here, but I don't think we played Tallaman at FB last year during the south game did we? I think we really only used KS and MP. That is what hurt us. South is going to have one heck of a time stopping a 240 lb RB. Without their top two LBs, if Tallman is utilized in the ways that he should be, I can see the rotation of Shepard and Tallman in the backfield helping the Vikings out a ton. And from what I can tell, South only has three LBs(that see meaningful playing time) that are over 200 lbs and one of them is Phillips who is hurt and the other two I have not heard much about. You all better throw in some big bodies on that defensive side of the ball if you want to slow(since we all know it can't be completely stopped) the Viking ground game enough to win. But then there comes the second problem. Once you all start throwing 8-9 guys in the box to counter our ground game, BOOM, Harmon has a good enough arm to hurt your secondary with the pass. Your DBs will be in man coverage and will be susceptible to the quick slant and skinny post. But don't forget about the quick screen to Shepard or Tallman who have both shown to be more than capable of running this route to perfection. I would be interested to hear a logical defensive plan from a mature South fan, not just someone running their mouth.

You are correct although I think Jeff Baker got a few touches in that game. The fact of the matter is that Keenan will run over most players under 200lbs. If the Viking line continues to perform the way they have the last couple of games South and evidently the majority of the football community will see how hard it is to stop the Viking Machine. It??™s hard for me to understand all the lopsided predictions by most. The Vikings have racked up just over 1300 total yards (over 400 of that was in the air) in the last three games alone. And the fact that South??™s defense has been subject to the run only adds to my confusion. This game is obviously going to shock allot of people. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thats funny our 2nd team has seen just about as much playing time as the starters, so, I don't think no one is really to worried................Dilbert /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Put your second team out there tomorrow night and see what happens big boy. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Reb, if you keep reading, you will se that I was talking about the big bodies. That is my fault on completely over looking Ty but i was looking for your LBs that are over 200 lbs. Clint is out and you still have Garvin back there but who will step in for Phillips that can have the impact back there that he does? 210 lbs is a big hole to fill, espically when you are trying to bring down a 240 lb RB. And Wildcat my mistake on saying two LBs were out. Dont know what I was looking at there. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> But seriously, what big body can come in and help plug the holes like Clint did?

Ok, that's cool. I thought I had missed something somewhere.

You are correct although I think Jeff Baker got a few touches in that game. The fact of the matter is that Keenan will run over most players under 200lbs. If the Viking line continues to perform the way they have the last couple of games South and evidently the majority of the football community will see how hard it is to stop the Viking Machine. It??™s hard for me to understand all the lopsided predictions by most. The Vikings have racked up just over 1300 total yards (over 400 of that was in the air) in the last three games alone. And the fact that South??™s defense has been subject to the run only adds to my confusion. This game is obviously going to shock allot of people. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Put your second team out there tomorrow night and see what happens big boy. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

We usually do the second half.......................Dilbert whoooooooooooooo?

And Tallman runs over players! That's the fact of the matter! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Now you're trying to say that all of us South fans are predicting a blowout so if we only beat you by a touchdown, you can consider it a victory. Shame on you, Cap! I expect more. Where can I get a stars n bars flag in Bristol? Wal-Mart, the mall, Sullivan East? Help me out here. I don't want to have to drive all the way to Kingsport this week. Maybe we need to go back like the old days and run one up your flag pole tonight. I'm sure my buddies from the Inner Circle have an extra or two just in case.

We usually do the second half.......................Dilbert whoooooooooooooo?

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those "outside the box" type game for you RM and all your buddies. You??™re going to witness a whole lot of things that will seem to be "unusual" to many of the new bandwagon South fans. But just ask your older alumni??¦they remember how it use to be. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those "outside the box" type game for you RM and all your buddies. You??™re going to witness a whole lot of things that will seem to be "unusual" to many of the new bandwagon South fans. But just ask your older alumni??¦they remember how it use to be. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Always living in the past. I'm just glad you added that part about "used to be" so you didn't look like a complete idiot. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Now you're trying to say that all of us South fans are predicting a blowout so if we only beat you by a touchdown, you can consider it a victory. Shame on you, Cap! I expect more. Where can I get a stars n bars flag in Bristol? Wal-Mart, the mall, Sullivan East? Help me out here. I don't want to have to drive all the way to Kingsport this week. Maybe we need to go back like the old days and run one up your flag pole tonight. I'm sure my buddies from the Inner Circle have an extra or two just in case.

Me personally??¦I think the shoe is on the other foot. I think the Vikings have the upper hand in this game and only if the Rebels are able to capitalize on the big play will these predicted scores not be flipped. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks for your concern but I have been around the football program at South directly and indirectly since the very first football team that played there, so don't start the bandwagon stuff........... "Dilbert"