Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

Yes...I watched the film of the Greenville game...so what's your point Volman. You looked better in the Science Hill game IMO. Not to mention I was at the Viking Elizabethton game and listened to the South Betsy game on the radio...and to my surprise, you guys had a fight on your hands for a half. The way Betsy looked against us made me think that I could have gone in and relieved Keenan for a couple of plays. After the first series on both sides of the ball I don't think the outcome was a question to anybody in the stadium.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...I watched the film of the Greenville game...so what's your point Volman. You looked better in the Science Hill game IMO. Not to mention I was at the Viking Elizabethton game and listened to the South Betsy game on the radio...and to my surprise, you guys had a fight on your hands for a half. The way Betsy looked against us made me think that I could have gone in and relieved Keenan for a couple of plays. After the first series on both sides of the ball I don't think the outcome was a question to anybody in the stadium.

I think you are way off on this one Cap and come Saturday, I may have a very unwanted auto sig at the bottom of my posts, but, I think you are in for a rude awakening tomorrow night. It's funny to look at this poll though isn't it? We are an overwhelming favorite, but the preseason poll had you guys up there. Can't wait can you?

I think '04 is thinking the same thing I am.................. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think 04 is just being honest. Just as TN High has improved throughout the year, so has South. I said at the Science Hill game that South was terrible. Davenport seemed to be stuck in the mud, our run defense was horrible, pass defense didn't look much better. The only bright spot that night was Fletcher running through the defense. I'm expecting THS to use the typical DB defense tomorrow night. Blitz, blitz, blitz. Desperately hoping we use the TE or some quick middle screens to counter that. And please, can we stop the quick slants? Let's play to the inside and make them throw over the top. If Harmon has pinpoint accuracy throwing 40 yards downfield, they deserve to win the game. As for the Greeneville game, Greeneville has alot of talent. Greenway is (was) a load. We don't really have to worry about that anymore though. TN High has played two tough teams all season and lost each of them. And the Betsy game was a fight at first until we adjusted and then scored 44 points on them.

What defense? I could pick apart most of the defenses in this league. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was actually referring to some of his deep balls. 40 yards on a dime. I believe he can. He has thrown them to Mark Fletcher, Darryl Wilson, J.E. Davis. The kid has an arm. All im sayin to the South secondary is don't underestimate the capabilities of Harmon or he will burn you with a couple. Ask the last 4 teams who have come into the game with us thinking we are one-dimensional. They got burned deep. So all I'm saying is South needs to respect the pass also.

I was actually referring to some of his deep balls. 40 yards on a dime. I believe he can. He has thrown them to Mark Fletcher, Darryl Wilson, J.E. Davis. The kid has an arm. All im sayin to the South secondary is don't underestimate the capabilities of Harmon or he will burn you with a couple. Ask the last 4 teams who have come into the game with us thinking we are one-dimensional. They got burned deep. So all I'm saying is South needs to respect the pass also.

I agree with some of these posts about Tallman running over some people and Shepard being tough to bring down but please don't sit there and compare South's secondary to Johnson Co., Central, and North. You won't be open 10 yards on us. Man to man, 5 yards off, play to the inside. Just hope the coaches figure that one out soon.

I agree with some of these posts about Tallman running over some people and Shepard being tough to bring down but please don't sit there and compare South's secondary to Johnson Co., Central, and North. You won't be open 10 yards on us. Man to man, 5 yards off, play to the inside. Just hope the coaches figure that one out soon.

The only thing I am comparing about you all is the lack of respect that the passing offense of THS gets. It doesnt matter the talent that you all have back there, its about the scheme that you all will bring to THE Castle. If you come in with the mindset that we can only run the ball and decide to play half-a** coverage on us, Harmon will throw the ball. Or, if need be, if your defense is playing man and they bite hard on the play action, he can and will run the ball. Please DO NOT take this post as me comparing the talent level of you all to that of the Centrals or JCs. All I am trying to do is say that if you underestimate Harmon, or the speed of our receivers, you will get burned. So once again, do not take this as a post of disrespect for that is not how it is intended. This is to inform. Thats it.

Just a little tid-bit of info: vikings starting D has only givin up 46 yrd rushing in the last 3 games combined /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> and only 300 yrd total O combined.. not bad for an under dog.

The Doctor will have more than that in the first quarter. Maybe his first run! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The Doctor will have more than that in the first quarter. Maybe his first run! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

We know Kennan will /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />