IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Morristown West and Greeneville are the top two teams in the conference this year. Saying that I do not believe Cocke County is as good as the hype they are recieving. They lose to West by 18, however that would be expected by any knowledgable coach or fan. Cocke county cant match up with all the players that West has. West has too many players that can contribute. I believe cocke county has two good players that can match up with any two other players, but those two can't guard the other three also. That said cocke county will finish 3rd or 4th in the conference.

Greeneville and Morristown West both have players at all positions. It won't be easy for Greeneville to beat them, but also it won't be easy for Morristown West to beat Greeneville. I believe both teams will split in the regular season. We shall see when that time comes.

Greeneville has a lot more than what they are given credit for. They do have Nicole, but they also have other players that can score and defend well. Both teams are well coached and both teams are very talented. Can't wait to see these two powerhouses play!

Good luck to all and may all continue to play well and stay healthy!

I was told at the Halls HOF game to expect no less than 3 weeks for Lacy. From experience with what she has, I would say they will be fortunate to have her back by Jan 1, but that is just me speculating. Anyone know any different?

OK so much for my injury crystal ball. Miller played more than 1/2 the game tonight, partly due to Nelson's foul trouble.

I think Lyke had 14 and Lacy had 13 to pace Jeff County. East stayed in the game in the 1st half by hitting foul shots, as Jeff County got a lot of reach-in fouls, and were having trouble keeping Leeper and Orrick off the boards. East led 26-21 with about 2 minutes left in the half, but Jeff County got it tied up on a three and a basket. Jeff than dominated the 3rd quarter, outscoring East 17-6, and then took the air out of the ball in the 4th quarter.

East has a lot of talent, but unfortunately, they don't have a ballhandler. Pressure by Jeff County tonight was the key, as Jeff does not have the size to battle with East inside.

As to the other, I think it might be possible that West is the frontrunner, Greeneville and Cocke County might be battling for 2nd. Cocke County played Greeneville tough LAST year, and if possible, I think Cocke County matches up better with Greeneville this year than they did last year. I know that is going to get the Greeneville folks riled up, but I think the talent is just not as strong as it has been. We will see, obviously.

Good health to everyone!

I believe that Morristown West and Greeneville are the top two teams in the conference this year. Saying that I do not believe Cocke County is as good as the hype they are recieving. They lose to West by 18, however that would be expected by any knowledgable coach or fan. Cocke county cant match up with all the players that West has. West has too many players that can contribute. I believe cocke county has two good players that can match up with any two other players, but those two can't guard the other three also. That said cocke county will finish 3rd or 4th in the conference.

Greeneville and Morristown West both have players at all positions. It won't be easy for Greeneville to beat them, but also it won't be easy for Morristown West to beat Greeneville. I believe both teams will split in the regular season. We shall see when that time comes.

Greeneville has a lot more than what they are given credit for. They do have Nicole, but they also have other players that can score and defend well. Both teams are well coached and both teams are very talented. Can't wait to see these two powerhouses play!

Good luck to all and may all continue to play well and stay healthy!

Agree, Agree, Agree! Except maybe for the Cocke County part...I think they may match up a little better with GHS and will be a threat to both us and MW later in the season. The Lady Devils are steadily improving and definitely haven't hit their peak yet and I love the very deep bench we are able to use. It will help us to stay fresh.

In any event, I hope you're right on all counts. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Time will tell on those predictions greenevillefan. I wouldnt be so quick to say Cocke co is overrated.The MW game @ MW was a game until the last 5 minutes. Go ahead and believe they only have 2 players. Ask Coach Galyon and he might say Cocke co had a few more than 2.

I thought comming in that Cocke co might have a matchhup problem in Goins and that turned out to be the diffrence

Other positions were great battles.....Depew and Hall was a great Battle and pretty much a draw...Hall won the points battle 23 to 18 but id like to see the rebound and block stats where i believe Depew might have the edge.

Buda kept Fanney under control... both point guards ran there teams effectively. Sprouse was the surprise using her height to score some easy buckets.

That being said Goins was running rampant. Goins points were the diffrence.

JMO

Greeneville over Cherokee 55-30

I'm not sure I would call CCHS overrrate when they already have wins over Science Hill and DB away from home. I didn't watch the Mo West and CCHS game, but from what I have heard Mo West was just deep and athletic. Seems like they kept about a 10 point lead throughout. CCHS also has more than two players that are good. The starting 5 are all more than capable players. Pretty sure almost all of them flirt with scoring double digits every game. Seems like Mo West is the frontrunner with GHS and CCHS battling for second right now.

Time will tell on those predictions greenevillefan. I wouldnt be so quick to say Cocke co is overrated.The MW game @ MW was a game until the last 5 minutes. Go ahead and believe they only have 2 players. Ask Coach Galyon and he might say Cocke co had a few more than 2.

I thought comming in that Cocke co might have a matchhup problem in Goins and that turned out to be the diffrence

Other positions were great battles.....Depew and Hall was a great Battle and pretty much a draw...Hall won the points battle 23 to 18 but id like to see the rebound and block stats where i believe Depew might have the edge.

Buda kept Fanney under control... both point guards ran there teams effectively. Sprouse was the surprise using her height to score some easy buckets.

That being said Goins was running rampant. Goins points were the diffrence.

JMO

Seems pretty evident that you may hold a litlle grudge against a former player of yours. I believe you try and present well but in reality you cannot give her the credit she so well deserves. Check out the stats Rob. A draw???? Give me a break.

Seems pretty evident that you may hold a litlle grudge against a former player of yours. I believe you try and present well but in reality you cannot give her the credit she so well deserves. Check out the stats Rob. A draw???? Give me a break.

grudge???Way off base with this bunch of hoopla....rob always to this day praises the girl in questions and her abilities... he just gave his opinion on this game and match-up.