IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

I say 5 very talented players contributing all the time vs. 1 or 2 "stars" will always make for a better team, record and season. You referenced SG, they are a prime example of what team ball is all about...they all contribute and I think that's what you will see next year out of GHS.

I find that hard to believe. I sure didn't see that happen this year on their team

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Morristown West on the making the finals and a big salute to Jeff co for making a great game of it!!!

Sorry i didnt get to see this one! I dont know about you guys but im betting heavy on IMAC teams at region!

Im going to miss first round next week and possibly more so you guys please keep updating !!!.(Couldnt turn down a chance to watch DII State)

Ray make em behave! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Looks like CoachT has your back! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Jeff did make it a game last night. Congrats to them. And the Jeff boys beat us tonight. Our boys scored 90 on Jeff 3 weeks ago and 50 tonight. CCHS missed maybe 20 free throws tonight. Can't blame that on anybody but us.

Now after all the ruckus and emotion of this week back to the girls games.

From where I sit, I would say this to Mo West, CCHS, Science Hill and Sullivan South - don't lose Monday b/c seeds will hold in the consolation brackets, and there are 2 very good, and I suspect, very angry and embarrassed teams waiting - in Tenn and G'ville.

Jeff did make it a game last night. Congrats to them. And the Jeff boys beat us tonight. Our boys scored 90 on Jeff 3 weeks ago and 50 tonight. CCHS missed maybe 20 free throws tonight. Can't blame that on anybody but us.

Now after all the ruckus and emotion of this week back to the girls games.

From where I sit, I would say this to Mo West, CCHS, Science Hill and Sullivan South - don't lose Monday b/c seeds will hold in the consolation brackets, and there are 2 very good, and I suspect, very angry and embarrassed teams waiting - in Tenn and G'ville.

Some interesting situations on Monday...

Sullivan South has played TN High very closely.. losses by 2 and by 9. South from what I hear is a bigger, post-oriented team...TN High is guard and speed oriented.

Sullivan Central is down their best player in the Moody girl. Not seen anything official, but it sounded like it could've been a season-ending injury.

Then looking down to District 2... if West and Greeneville win, both are on the same side of the bracket in regional play. A TN High loss puts three of the top 4 teams (Cocke County, West, Greeneville and TN High in my estimation) on one side of the bracket.

Some interesting situations on Monday...

Sullivan South has played TN High very closely.. losses by 2 and by 9. South from what I hear is a bigger, post-oriented team...TN High is guard and speed oriented.

Sullivan Central is down their best player in the Moody girl. Not seen anything official, but it sounded like it could've been a season-ending injury.

Then looking down to District 2... if West and Greeneville win, both are on the same side of the bracket in regional play. A TN High loss puts three of the top 4 teams (Cocke County, West, Greeneville and TN High in my estimation) on one side of the bracket.

PTS- you aren't suggesting that it might be in Greeneville's best interest to lose Monday night? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Not suggesting anyone lose, but... this (really bad) system (devised only because districts want tournament revenue, when the state does not require them to hold a tournament; but only provide four teams to them for the start of the regional tournament)...... leaves itself open for teams to potentially conveniently have a bad performance in a game to get a better match-up somewhere.

Of course, it's also the same system that makes it possible to go 4-3 (or 3-3 if you had a bye) in the postseason and make the state tournament.

Enough ranting....Here's the regional tournament bracket possibilities...(With the likely team that will be in that position based off seeding listed first)

Upper Bracket

D1 #1 Science Hill/Sullivan Central

D2 #4 Jefferson County/Greeneville

D2 #2 Cocke County/Morristown West

D1 #3 Tennessee High/Sullivan South

Lower Bracket

D2 #1 Morristown West/Cocke County

D1 #4 Sullivan South/Tennessee High

D1 #2 Sullivan Central/Science Hill

D2 #3 Greeneville/Jefferson County

Not suggesting anyone lose, but... this (really bad) system (devised only because districts want tournament revenue, when the state does not require them to hold a tournament; but only provide four teams to them for the start of the regional tournament)...... leaves itself open for teams to potentially conveniently have a bad performance in a game to get a better match-up somewhere.

Of course, it's also the same system that makes it possible to go 4-3 (or 3-3 if you had a bye) in the postseason and make the state tournament.

Enough ranting....Here's the regional tournament bracket possibilities...(With the likely team that will be in that position based off seeding listed first)

Upper Bracket

D1 #1 Science Hill/Sullivan Central

D2 #4 Jefferson County/Greeneville

D2 #2 Cocke County/Morristown West

D1 #3 Tennessee High/Sullivan South

Lower Bracket

D2 #1 Morristown West/Cocke County

D1 #4 Sullivan South/Tennessee High

D1 #2 Sullivan Central/Science Hill

D2 #3 Greeneville/Jefferson County

INTERESTING

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

maybe but the way im thinking is ..... look at the talent she has now at UT that are Fresh or Soph. once they get seniors all she'll really need is roleplayers kind of like the alex fuller situation is currently+

Think you are right, Lauren has been trained for show more that playing ball, she can woo the crowd but cant play the best ball.

Think you are right, Lauren has been trained for show more that playing ball, she can woo the crowd but cant play the best ball.

OK look, Avant doesn't play in this end of the state, let alone our conference. Can you take the conversation about her someplace else, please? Thank you. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />