Cleveland at Maryville

EaglePride1

I have mixed feeling about this season of "one and done" (as Starz calls it). I think each week starting with Cleveland will be a challenge. IMO, this year's Rebels are not as strong as they have been inthe past and the target on their backs gets bigger each week. However, I think we are as healthy as we have ever been going into the playoffs and we have continued to show improvement each week. The road to Murfreesboro may be the toughest that we have had in years. I keep hearing how talented Henry Co is and how they are going to walk through the west...I would love to see how this year's Rebels match up. Can the Rebels win the gold ball again this year? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would never bet against GQ and the Rebels.

Henry County is talented BUT we will NOT walk through the west! There are many good and talented teams we must face. As the saying goes - "One game at a time".

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game scares me. Cleveland is very talented. Cleveland is an up and down team.

Here is a memo to fellow Maryville fans. Lets be loud next friday night. Being at the Greenback game last night and talking to Maryville players they want to play in front of a loud crowd. Greenback and Oneida fans were very loud last night. Maryville fans sit on their hands a lot.

Our staff used 2 weeks of practice in mid August preparing for the Maryville game. Just hope we get the opportunity for Walt to work his magic.

What a waste of time. Maybe you should have been preparing for your region 4 opponents - that region title isn't as satisfying as you seem to be boasting about. Nobody likes to back door their way into a title (which we experienced in '97).

Maryville fans sit on their hands a lot.

You can't fault our fans for being bored at times. Make no mistake about it though, the Skeeter gets wild for big games. Nobody beats our student section either.

What a waste of time. Maybe you should have been preparing for your region 4 opponents - that region title isn't as satisfying as you seem to be boasting about. Nobody likes to back door their way into a title (which we experienced in '97).

waltsbiggestfan is a goof - don't pay any attention to him. That post is false.

But all this "back door" to the championship - ticks me off. Fact remains we defeated two teams Cleveland was unable to defeat - Red Bank and Walker Valley. Pure and simple. If we had lost and Red Bank would have taken the title - I'd have left it at that. I wouldn't have logged on here and run them down talking about their "back door" championship.

And we like our title just fine, it seems there are others on here that don't like it but tough.

Oh, and good luck to you in the play-offs.

First off, I'd like to say congrats to the little ponies, i mean Mustangs /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />.... they took it to us from the start, and deserved that win last night, they wanted it alot more than we did. Man i thought we was going to pound em, run over em, give em a blue raider beat down,& send em to Maryville, but instead they spanked us, out coached us, celebrated on our field, put us on a bus to face "that school with all those championships" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and you Rhea County fans jus eat this up huh?? its all good though. Yall can root against us, but I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. I love you guys /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> Congrats on the 4-4A C-Ship.

I'm excited at the oppurtunity to play the Mighty Mighty Rebles, or should I say "The Maryville Dynasty", umm that sounds pretty good huh? The Maryville Dynasty! Well now the season really starts, and we get the first crack at The Maryville Dynasty. I think this is a game that we have a shot at winning, we will have to play the best that we have played all year. Well Rebel fans you guys have weeklong date with me, and when it comes to CoachT, i'm the #1 seed /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />, its goin to be 1 fun week!! Best of luck to the Raiders and the rest of 4-4A, and The Dynasty and the rest of 3-4A

OMG!!! I write all this and cant get a response /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />...oh no what is the world coming to. Rhea didn't back door their way to a championship, they earned it by having the best region record, but all thats in the past now, only thing that realy matters is the state championship. I'll say Cleveland is one of the most talented team in the state, we're a good team, only thing stopping us from being a great team is coaching and we are somewhat undisciplined(as shown against WV, with the unsportsmanlike conduct pentalites). Cleveland deserves to be on the field with Maryville, coaching wise i think GQ is to smart for us. Go Raiders!

Alright Blue Raider fans, tell me what to expect friday night. I have not seen Cleveland play since 2002. I believe Benny Monroe was still coaching there in 02. Who is the current coach? Who are the athletes to watch?

Head coach is Danny Wilson, he has had some success against MAryville when he coached Heritage. (Was that before GQ?)

Cleveland has several players to watch, but the QB is the best athlete on the field, both sides, no matter who the opponent is. And he will hit you, asked that kid from Rhea, he probably doesn't remember though.

If you get a game like they played against Rhea it may be close, if they play like they did against Walker Valley, go ahead and plan for round 2.

They'll definitely give Maryville a run for their money. Anything's possible so I wouldn't rest on my laurels if I were a Maryville player or coach.

Cleveland's quarterback does everything but play in the band - and he probably could do that, too. He's an incredible athlete - but, Murphy, that was a tacky comment about asking the kid from Rhea and he "probably doesn't remember." The "kid from Rhea" got a concussion from that hit. Not amusing at all. He didn't play last Friday and I'm not sure he'll be back.

Should be a great game. But I'll be in Evensville. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Leon Brown was the coach back then.

Maryville needs to be ready for this game. Cleveland has nothing to lose. The Maryville fans need to be very loud.

What kind of offense and defense does Cleveland run?

I can remember when Cleveland was the most feared 4A team in the state.

This will be a game. Cleveland had a bad game against Walker Valley and Walker Valley played a heck of a game. Cleveland plays up to their competition and I look for the same friday. This could be a close one like Brainerd a few years back at Maryville. Cleveland runs a spread offense with skill players that will match up really well with Maryville's skilled players. Besides the QB they have 4 or 5 WR that have speed to spare, a half back that has the ability to play on the next level, and a O-line that is very solid with a huge center. Defense wise they run the 3-5-3, and they are run it very well. Very good pass defense and a pretty good run defense.